Phantis Forums

PANATHINAIKOS v. oly

athinaios

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's garbage time now.

In a sense, it's better that we lost this one so there will be no illusions come summer time.

Thanks AEK. Now we have to play three BELOW-MID-TABLE teams to win the title. I hope we don't begin chocking on them too.

We need a real coach, two real CBs and a RW man.

Now we have to endure all the ande gia :rolleyes:

cant believe this...thats what happends when you have 20 chances and dont score one...

good news is paok lost and we will probably take the protathlima...even if we lose one of the next three games we are still in the front seat..

bitter taste in my mouth..if paok didnt lose id be ripping my hair out...

we might have lost...everyone will bitch and be angry but we will celebrate the protathlima at the end of the year..hopefully the cup too...just sad we couldnt take it here..we should have put the game away by half...

I hope we are not going to blame luck again. This has become a pattern.

With nioblias at the helm we have decimated the small teams but have yet to beat a team that features above MID-TABLE. There is something clearly wrong.

With nioblias at the helm we have decimated the small teams but have yet to beat a team that features above MID-TABLE. There is something clearly wrong.

I hope we score one to salvage something here but we are just pathetic.

amen. this is been quite a dissapointing season. From a terrible European campaign to a totally mediocre one in Greece. At least we finished the little teams, and thats nothing to do with Nioplias, its all been Cisse.

I still expect us to win the title, but what are we going to celebrate? Finally beating Ergotelis and winning the little teams while being unable to beat any of Greece's decent sides?

Theres no question PAO deserved at least a tie. But this is yet another big game where we can't win.

after not beating osfp twice this season - finally proving that we cant beat any team above mid table (forget roma exception to the rule)

this almost certainly dampens the feeling of winning the title if we are to go on and win it

i watched united liverpool before this game

and that game had 2 mins extra time at 1st half

and 5 mins extra time at the end of the game

and in this game we only had 4 mins of extra time at the end (+2 mins at half time)

wat the fk??????

We beat PAOK ARIS and AEK once ... and dominated every single game we lost or drew except karaiskaki...

Would u rather win derbys liek we did in 07 when we beat gavro 2 times and lost the championship by 8 points?

and kavala at home ;)

i agree with you...this is a replica of oly's last couple seasons...lose the derbies, beat the small teams, win the championship...

Can't beat a team above mid-table and people keep talking about Roma?

pathetic if you ask me. Why make excuses? Does anyone enjoy this ineptitude?

That Roma game was great luck in a Europa Round of 32 game. PAO was dominated in OAKA only to get fluke corner goals, + one Cisse beauty....It wouldnt happen again. Its not like we outplayed them in either game. We had 5 mins of brillinance in Romea missing 4 key starters (not to mention the gift PK) and in OAKA at no point did we look like winning, even after the 2-2. It was out of nowhere and Roma were the better team for 85 mins, lets not kid ourselves. It excuses nothing as to how we can't play against decent teams.

The Championship is decided in the next 2 games. IF we beat Atromitos, then we play Iraklis (in OAKA) to seal the title.

If PAO somehow cant make it against Atromitos, or cannot beat Iraklis at home with 60000 fans looking to celebrate clinching the title, than by no means at all do we deserve to win it.

and in this game we only had 4 mins of extra time at the end (+2 mins at half time)

wat the fk??????

You should blame the fans rather than the ref. We use the same stupid tactics i know. I think the home team have to reap what their fans sow in these cases.

And enough with the friggin lazers! :angry:

wat the fk??????

PAOK only gave us 3 mins.......And there were 3 subs each, several yellow cards, several delays and corner incidents with flying objects, PAOK players time wasting and rolling on the ground, and 2 PAOK goals where each celebration went on for well over a minute each. But, 3 mins. I mean who cares right?

Injury time is a giant farse. Referees esp in Greece don't give honest or accurate times, 3 is the default, and occasionally add 1-2 mins but never go into real actual time lost. Probably 6-7 mins would be closer to accurate today.

Its remarkably easy to stop the clock, and I'm all for it. Maybe throw ins dont have to stop the clock, but stuff like fouls taking 40 seconds to set up, arguments, injuries, rolling around, cards, especially goal celebrations and flying objects....They can be creative.

The idea UEFA and people 'accustomed' to the rules follow is that the clock is some sort of God that can never be stopped (even though its as simple and quick as hitting a button, most idiots say it has to keep running claiming it somehow affects fluidity (which is bullcrap because were talking about situations where time is wasted and the game isnt' being played anyways so fluidity is far from an issue).

Never mind things that waste enormous amounts of time. We like to let teams manipulate, fake these things to their advantage, because thats what FIFA is all about. There more concerned with telling people how to interpret different skin colours than they are with the sport of football.

Well, the mere fact that we turned this championship chase into a real thriller is inexcusable enough given the quality of the opposition. Cyber, however, in his infinite wisdom, is right: if we win it in the end, only an idiot would turn a blind eye to the team's problems after this embarassment.

On the other hand, we must not forget that a championship can give the team a huge boost, especially since the champion goes straight to the CL groups next season.

Archived