Phantis Forums

pao123

we play kallithea tomorrow for the cup...paok just got eliminated 4-0 (!!!) by giannena so if we win tomorrow, we have giannena in the last 4...on the 10th of the month xanthi will be hosting aris and kavala host panionios...

with paok gone this is a big chance for us to take the cup...

reports say the line up will be as follows...

they say nioplias may go with the 4-4-2 (wait didnt i say he should try the cisse-petro duo in my other post? nioplias must be looking at the forum :D )

galinovic, darlas, setaridis, kante, bjarsmyr, simao, katsouranis, xristodoulopoulos, cleyton, cisse, petropoulos...

marinos may see a place in the starting 11 too...

gilberto, rukavina, gabriel, tzorvas and ninis are all out

we have good players at our disposal, im glad nioplias is utilizing the whole team..not only is good to give chances to players who have been sitting on the bench but it keeps our other players fresh...in the event that one of our starters gets injured (knock on wood) our reserves will have the games under their belt to fill in...

i hope we win this one and we win big but i forsee a 2-0 or 2-1 again...

I don't remember where I saw this, but some gavroi didn't like this, because PAOK got shredded by PAS and that gavroi believe PAOK is their best chance for a PAO loss in Touba. A PAOK demise (before they play us) isn't good for oly.

First things first, we beat Kallithea. If we play focused I don't worry. Kallithea is a 3rd division team right now and have other things to do than chase the cup.

It would be nice to take the cup even though my long standing view is that only lesser teams (those who haven't qualified for euro play the previous season) should compete. Also, I wouldn't be opposed to see the teams using only Greek players even if it meant drawing from their youth squads.

Drako, the draw is already in place and we'll be playing Giannina in the semi-final if we beat Kalithea tomorrow.

http://www.sport.gr/default.asp?pid=4&aid=56923

I can't believe PAOK conceded 4 goals! Everyone was touting the "best defense" and they go to Giannina with their first team and cope 4! Amazing.

:(

I really want PAS to get some of its old glory back. I predicted they would be the best promoted team this season, but its Kavala...Still PAS pulled some impressive comebacks against OSFP, tied AEK and beat PAOK...

I really hope Aris loses.....I do NOT want this overrated Vromiaris side to get in the final....

Seeing Xanthi, PAS, Panioniios or Kavala in the final would be great for any of those clubs - even losing to PAO means they'd get a European place. And some clubs like Kavala are earning it, PAS has a lot more potential being a big regional team, Xanthi deserves a break after they've improved as a club in recent years (i beleive)

As for today we should win at minimum 2-0. It should be target practice for Cisse. Kallithea arent bad they made it this far, but theyre G ethniki.......So we can't allow them to make it a 2-1 like we did with Pierikos..

Ok:

Kallithea beat Panthrax 1-0 at home, and beat Trikala in PKs to get this far.

I say 4-0

FT 2-0

to be honest, this match looked like a training match..after the first goal we relaxed alot and got a bit sloppy..

the positives of the match...

-seitaridis started for the first time in a while and actually looked pretty good...he made some poor passes and crosses but overal played well..he offers us more stability in attack then vyntra does on the right..

-leto once again showed he is an important player to us..he was dangerous all game (even though he got tired at the end) he is the kind of player that can change a game with one touch

-this is the first year in a while that we look extremely comfortable with the ball at our feet...despite our sloppiness at the end we look content passing the ball around..the players seem to have good awareness of their teammates positions...

-salpi once again scored for us..we need his goals too, esp if cisse is not scoring...

-we created chances against a closed defense in the first half which is something we have failed to do in the past

now the negatives...

-we should have scored many more goals..

-cisse for the fourth game in a row could not find the net...he could have had 4 semi-easy goals tonight that he missed...lets hope he finds his feet again and starts scoring..

-the defense wasnt tested much but bjarsmyr once looked mediocre...he looks very very short of confidence..

-we were too relaxed after we scored and our game began looking poor...

-we wasted far too many chances...

-one thing i have noticed also is that our crossing game is not great..alot of times we cross to the player instead of crossing to the RUN that the player is making...with our players in the box flat footed it is easy to defend against..our crosses and timing our runs need to improve..

-this is a team in the Gamma ethniki and we only won 2-0...

we progress without much effort...on to larissa this weekend...

Archived