Phantis Forums

PA0 - Asteras

athinaios

One week before the derby against gavroi, Asteras comes to OAKA to play defensive and butcher-style football. Sorry, to say this, but I think this team is one of the most brutal ones judging from past games.

Anyway, I think we have a problem with so many internationals traveling and not practicing with the team and we do have a hard time after a break to have a good game.

The main point is to win this one, and go to Karaiskaki as the boss.

I think it'll be a low scoring game, so 1-0, but I don't care.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently Asteras is plagued by injuries and they come to Athens with a depleted midfield where just about all their starters will be out. I haven't watched them much but apparently they don't play the harsh kind of football that they used to in previous seasons.

Reportedly Karagounis will get some rest. The only thing I am afraid is that that the game is comes between the NT "final" at Ukraine and before the derby against Olympiakos.

We need a convincing win to go with momentum to the next two games. Panathinaikos is riding a 6-game winning streak (thre in the SL) with goals 19-4 (6-2 in the SL).

If we don't score early, don't panic. Panathinaikos scores most goals this season between the 66th and the 70th minute, and we have only conceded one goal in any second half in the SL (Panionios 53'). Pretty good for a "no-good" defense aye? ;)

4-0 with three Cisse goals that will scare Ziko into fielding three CBs next sunday :P

Giannina-Oly 2-2. So, it's with great urgency to beat Asteras and go up +4 points by the time we play the reds in Karaiskaki. I don't remember this being the case in recent years. I think our players will be motivated this Sunday.

Apparently the team watched the PAS-Oly game in Peania and cheered wildly the Bakayoko goal. If we are up 4 by the time we get to Karaiskaki, we can build a 7-point lead with a win there!

But it would take some work to make it +7 by next week. I hope our players are up to it.

I watched the Olympiakos game and they are as bad as a mid-table team. I think no matter what happens in our derbie they'll drop to third or fourth place before season's end. This is really our chance to separate ourselves and put even more pressure on them. I hope Panathinaikos takes the field today on fire.

game underway. Gilberto had to fly to Brazil for a death in the family. My sympathies Simao took his spot in the lineup.

Tzorvas, Gabriel, Spyropoulos, Vintra, Sariegi, Katsouranis, Simao, Ninis, Leto, Salpigidis, Cisse.

Bench: Galinovic, Bjarsmyr, Kante, Darlas, Roukavina, Christodoulopoulos, Petropoulos.

HT nothing doing. Some decent ball movement over midfield but we can't get the ball in the box. Salpi plays too wide, Spyropoulos is way deep and Leto has been neutralized. Cisse squandered every play when out of the box and he hasn't touched the ball in the box. Ninis is doing all the right things until the very end when he holds the ball a little too long. Gabriel hasn't ventured too far forward often. Katsouranis had one header and one shot he should had burried and Simao is doing his job squashing any Asteras hopes of organizing in midfield and distributing quickly and accurately to the play-makers. Tzorvas touched the ball a couple of times I think. I can see Roukavina being more helpful than Leto in the second half.

66-70 is our best period for scoring by far so I am not worried :P

Archived