Phantis Forums

Standard vs Olympiakos

Euro2004

This is a key game. If Olympiakos manage to win this game (very difficult to imagine but you never know) they'll be practically through. So let's all keep our fingers crossed.

Standard showed against Arsenal that they're good at home and they created enough against Olympiakos to be considered a serious threat so Olympiakos will have to be solid defensively against their very pacey team. As a result I think Oly should approach this defensively, have the defensive and midfield lines close to each other not to leave space in behind. From there try and hit them on the counter.

Maresca is available but Toro is still out apparently. Any other injury news? How's Diogo, Zairi, Mellberg, Zewlakow, etc?

yes very important game realistically I would say a draw would be ideal, but you never know. I don't think they should play to defensively, like the Arsenal Game. I think they should play more like they did with alkmaar. Maresca is playing as well as melburg, zevlakow, and dudu. Diogo will be out a little while longer zairi I dont no I think he will be playing. Whats with olympiakos and injuries this year?

Guys seriously I can't believe you're all in here hoping for a draw as I even said before OSFP - Standard, they are quite good and not to be underestimated but OSFP should go for nothing less than a win!

They're a very good side Genome. They have alot of individual talent in Witsel, Jovanovic, De Carmago, Defour and Mangala (all capable of playing for Greece's big clubs at the very least. Most are good enough for Europe's top leagues). Add to that an injury hit Olympiakos that doesn't travel well anyway and you've got a very tricky game.

Standard are probably better than St Ettiene and look what happened there. I'm dreaming of a win (for greek football of course :P), realistically i'm hoping for a draw but i'm expecting a 2-0 defeat to be honest.

no if we lose its going to be 1-0 Arsenal scored 1 goal (yes i know there were 2 goals scored but it was offside so i am not counting it) :P

Haha but I'm expecting a 1-1 draw The St. Etienne games were a joke Oly played like crap this is a different team. Too good of a defense that has been shown so far by olympiakos to concede more than 1 goal

They're a very good side Genome. They have alot of individual talent in Witsel, Jovanovic, De Carmago, Defour and Mangala (all capable of playing for Greece's big clubs at the very least. Most are good enough for Europe's top leagues). Add to that an injury hit Olympiakos that doesn't travel well anyway and you've got a very tricky game.

The only talent Witsel has is breaking players' legs. :D

I'm hoping for an OSFP win here tonight, for Greece! :gr:

Archived