Phantis Forums

ERT World in Australia

Apart from Home matches of Olympiakos and Xanthi.

ERT World in Australia is meant to have the rights for all home matches of PAOK, Atromitos, Asteras Tripolis and Larissa, just like in the US but the matches as not being broadcast in Australia, There only broadcast in the US.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening?

and can someone get in touch with ERT World for answers?

This is the list that I have:

TELEVISION RIGHTS OUTSIDE OF GREECE

HELLAS Superleague

ERT – World (throughout the World)

Olympiakos Piraeus, PAOK Thessaloniki, Skoda Xanthi, Atromitos Athens, Asteras Tripoli, Larisa

Antenna Satellite (USA/Canada)

AEK Athens, Aris Thessaloniki, Panathinaikos Athens, Panionios Athens, Ergotelis, Panthrakikos Komotini, Iraklis Thessaloniki, PAS Giannina, Kavala, Levadeiakos

Antenna Pacific (Australia)

AEK Athens, Aris Thessaloniki, Panathinaikos Athens, Panionios Athens, Ergotelis, Panthrakikos Komotini, Iraklis Thessaloniki, PAS Giannina, Kavala, Levadeiakos

Greek Cup

Greek Cup are televised in North America on Antenna Satellite, in Australia on Antenna Pacific and in Europe on Antenna Europe.

http://home.earthlink.net/~ziaka/TV_Rights...s_in_Greece.htm

But it seams like it's only for the US when it should be for the US and Australia. Not europe as they have there own channels showing the matches

I think NET does not have rights to any of these games is the problem.

Its like SKAI, ERT and Nova are sharing, with ERT having the weakest share.

I get ERT World in Europe, and all I get is the Xanthi-Panthrakikos game today....lame...

Last year they were showing PAO home games.

ERT World is a $15.00 a month subscription serves in North America.

ERT World is a Free serves in Australia.

DKSat

I was told by a representative at Comart that ERT World is supposed to be a pay service around the world not just in North America. He said that due to a mis-communication (more like politics) Australians receive the service FTA when it actually should be encrypted and they should be paying for it. That is why its not FTA in North America nor ever will be.

Not sure of the validity of these statements and I wonder if this 'mistake' will be corrected in the future meaning ERT World becoming a pay service in Australia?!

ERT World is a $15.00 a month subscription serves in North America.

ERT World is a Free serves in Australia.

DKSat

I was told by a representative at Comart that ERT World is supposed to be a pay service around the world not just in North America. He said that due to a mis-communication (more like politics) Australians receive the service FTA when it actually should be encrypted and they should be paying for it. That is why its not FTA in North America nor ever will be.

Not sure of the validity of these statements and I wonder if this 'mistake' will be corrected in the future meaning ERT World becoming a pay service in Australia?!

Yes Comart did try to encrypt ERT World about 2 years ago but there was an all mighty uproar from the greeks here and then they decided to withdraw the encryption so it never happened and most likely won't anytime soon....

It was mostly because SelecTV has only got Ant1 and ERT on there Greek pack and they were pushing Comart to encrypt ERT to make there greek package more attractive but it never happened and SelecTV still has ERT and Ant1 both encrypted ofcourse but ERT adds no value to SelecTV really as its FTA on UBI and Globecast on another satellite which is easily watchable on 2 differenct frequecies on the Optus D2 satellite...

And if you remember SelecTV and Comart took UBI to court over this to stop UBI broadcasting ERT World FTA, and the greek courts found there was nothing wrong with UBI broadcasting ERT FTA as it enhances ERT coverage at no cost to ERT so was pretty much thrown out of court with egg all over SelecTV and COMART's face :)

Interesting,

So it sounds like maybe this guy was just feeding me some B.S.?! I forgot about Europe, its FTA there as well, I should have mentioned that to him to see what he would say. Anyway, it looks like for us here in North America we are SOOL, no FTA ERT World anytime soon and probably never. :tdown:

Good for the Aussies for standing up to them, looks like they found a bunch of suckers here who just pay and don't give it a second thought. If people stood up to them here as well and demanded fair and equal treatment then maybe we would see it available FTA here as well.

According to the info we have, ERT World has the rights to the following teams:

Atromitos

Asteras Tripolis

Larisa

Olympiakos

PAOK

Skoda Xanthi

Now mind you they appear (as is ANT1) to be picking and choosing matches they air, they don't air all of them. For example: If Atromitos, Olympiakos & PAOK all play at home in a given week, ERT World probably will not air all 3 matches, even though they have the rights for all those teams. I think what happened is ERT & ANT1 only wanted the rights to certain teams but the company that has the distribution rights forced them to buy the rights to all teams (an all or nothing deal).

As far as I know these are worldwide rights but perhaps because ERT World is FTA in Australia they have decided not to air them there but only here in North America where ERT World is a pay service?!

ERT World Australia will start showing matches this weekend!

Also my mate in the US told me that the only match ERT World has missed that they have the rights to this year was the Larissa - Olympiakos match! The others have been Live or Tape Delay after news services!

Also he told me that last weekend they showed the PAS Giannina vs Aek match which they don't have rights too on Tape Delay

Archived