Phantis Forums

Panathinaikos - Atletico Madrid

Irlandos

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its not the ref, its the atrocious team.

Defense is a joke, and not just on the defensive side, thats only one aspect. None of these players can work with the midfield to be productive on possesions either.

Gilberto has kicked 100% of his possessions long.....We have no game plan except long ball to Cisse....I think we're honestly better last season, not having Cisse and having Mantzios up there, we would'nt depend on him.

Anyways, I beleive if we lose here, it should be the begining of HTC's end at this club. The team sucks, he's bad with the press, and he rejected upgrade of our terrible backline. He's really got a lot of share in this team's course for failure.

My problem is there's no good work in the midfield so the feed to the strikers is good. Instead we play long balls. The goal was great. One mistake (it could happen) and then Atletiko cooly converts.

OK, I think it depends how PAO is eliminated that will determine the season. I hope for a decent second half and a good result in Spain, then on to the Europa league.

May I remind all of us that it was finishing a disgraceful 3rd in the league, losing another champ. title. First place (as Oly found out) means 2 easy games and CL group stages plus $$$$

the team really does look worse than last year.

We got some nice signings, but theyre of no help in this team.

The team is worse. The fans are atrocious and the manager has lost the plot. Mattos was at fault for their goal because he didn't track Maxi. Mattos has looked appalling all game. How can you start a guy that hasn't played for so long?!

No passion, no quality, no result.

Football does have a huge element of luck. But lets be honest, you can make your own luck. Blaming everything on the intangible factor of what did or did not happen is a very sorry excuse. It's been a very very very long run of nothing but dissapointments from this club.

Last year it was painfully easy to see we weren't winning the league that year as early as october. It's early to call this year, but if were not better and on track by the end of September...We won't win this year either.

As for money, money and CL is not a problem. Money has done us no good when you have idiots who spend it. Its not just "1" cb. we need a full defensive lineup.

Re guys... we arent playing FC SHERIFF... we are playing Athletico...

This is the team that was undefeated last year in europe.. all games combined.. they havent lost in europe since early 2008

I know some of you had hope of advancing.. but the truth is, a team that ahs the talent that Pao, AEK, Oly and PAOK cant afford to play teams of this quality so early where our conditionign is so low and is directly what we rely on to have a chance at winnig these games.

Its nice to dream but CL play became very difficult with this new system, which can be seen as unfair but is what it is...

Answer: Win the League

Football does have a huge element of luck. But lets be honest, you can make your own luck. Blaming everything on the intangible factor of what did or did not happen is a very sorry excuse. It's been a very very very long run of nothing but dissapointments from this club.

Last year it was painfully easy to see we weren't winning the league that year as early as october. It's early to call this year, but if were not better and on track by the end of September...We won't win this year either.

As for money, money and CL is not a problem. Money has done us no good when you have idiots who spend it. Its not just "1" cb. we need a full defensive lineup.

This is not time to blame the defence or the board. Ask yourself this, with this squad should PAO be playing 200% than they are? Yes! That means that there are other factors to blame.

The players are passionless and not 1 single PAO fan can complain! The atmosphere is embarassing! I'm actually embarassed to show my face to my friends.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

FLARES MOTHAF***ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

UEFA SHOULD change that bullshit system. Oh no, instead Debrecen Levski will go to the supposed "elite" of europe now.

Or they should change the name. It is the Champions League after all. I do have a problem with this match-up today. There is no way teams the caliber of PAO and Atletico should face each other in a qualifier.

evalagoal : He was one of our better players when he played vs Sparta in both games.. and was one of your better performers last season...

You are still tryin to replace him

Niko ---- I'll be honest with you I believe that Zairi is the answer for our left half, the papers can write all they want...

No matter what what's important here is that the Greek teams play well and have a good showing in Europe

Man, Salpi is all the money again. Wonderful. He's been a consistent contributor, more than anyone since he came to PAO. Hope Sisse starts scoring soon too.

Still, I think unless we score 2 more without giving up any, Atletiko has the advantage.

Archived