Phantis Forums

Panathinaikos - Atletico Madrid

Irlandos

I dont mind losing 300$ if pao wins... I dont bet 3 way i bet 2way.. draws are no bets

I dont think we are as bad as you make us sound... its just spanish teams are our nemesis.

I still think that Athletico are just as vulnerable in the back and if i recall last season int he 16 they lost 2-2 on aggragate on away goals... they copped 2 at home ..

I thinkt hey will try to play defensively in the first 20 and after that slowly try to open it up where PAO becomes dangerous on the counter

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont mind losing 300$ if pao wins... I dont bet 3 way i bet 2way.. draws are no bets

I dont think we are as bad as you make us sound... its just spanish teams are our nemesis.

I still think that Athletico are just as vulnerable in the back and if i recall last season int he 16 they lost 2-2 on aggragate on away goals... they copped 2 at home ..

I thinkt hey will try to play defensively in the first 20 and after that slowly try to open it up where PAO becomes dangerous on the counter

Honestly my man I like the over in this game... B)

Atletico were vulnerable......to Porto. Porto was f**** awesome last year.

Well I would mind losing 300$ if PAO win.....maybe if they won the aggregate...but just this one match? I still think we have a tough time in Atletico regradless of result. But I defeinitley see the logic - there is no sense betting on your team. That way if you lose, you get double dissapointment. Betting against can make sure you have something to be happy about at the end of the day... ;)

They have Ujfalusi, Heitinga and others so they have talent in the back.....esp compared to our team, who took 3 from Anorthosis, 2 from Werder, 2 from Villaregay, 2 from Inter, 3 from Sparta, 3 from ergotelis, 2 from Iraklis, 3 from Serres, --- I'll stop now, because now we have Kante to save us :angry: .

paidia...A thought I have for some time now...why doesn't a Greek flag appear on our Clubs respective tops when they are playing in Europe or in Greece for that matter?

I have seen the Greek flag on the AEK top?

Or similar to Inter Milan with Italian flag on the chest

any thoughts?

ELA PAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey zeus im excited, worse pms in months, going to try and sleep for 3 hours at least before the game.....

btw Drakos totally agree on the flare issue, i have been to games in NZ xwris fotobolides kai sou leo den iperxe kali atmosphera, ma stin ellada me tis flares!!! TI MAGIKI ATMOSPHERA!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...guess its a cultural thing, white peeps hate flares, us olive folk love em.....

GATE13 BURN OAKA DOWN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow im excited

Drakos .. this is also the team that allowed 0 against Inter and werder away and 1 in villareal on a bullshit pk...

And the games u mentioned, ergotelis iraklis, we had goumas and melissis vs ergotelis and goumas vyntra against iraklis....

also Gilberto silva wasnt on the field for any of those 5 goals :)

dont look back at previous games and say we copped 4 here and 3 there etc...

thats liek saying.. Well We beat inter 1-0 and Ergotelis beat us 3-2.. So ergotelis can definitely beat inter...

Have faith in the system and pray everythign falls into place and we can do it...

And if not... ill make 395$

Evalagoal.... I understand what ur sayign with the over...

But rarely do games go over in qualies or 2 leg ties...

yesterday only one game went over and it was the ultra defensive sporting vs an italian fiorentina..

Id rather bet on which team will score first :)

you cant seriously be blaming goumas for the goals. Gkoumas was one of our better players for years and years and to be honest he didnt have much to do with those faults. The whole reason our defense was in a mess was because its so poor in the players we do have. Not "Gkoumas" or just Melissis. Gilberto's absence was coincidental.

Sure we held an Inter and Villareal 2 good defensive games out of a season full of bad ones. Keep realistic is all I'm saying. This defense DOES blow. Its amazing to see how many people will fight that and deny that while the team continues to sink....

You were just citing Atletico's defense as "bad" becuase they conceded to goals to Porto, a team that is far above our quality (if anybody watched those games + Man U matches...) while our team is taking them from lesser teams multiple times and opponents and thats no longer a fair statement to judge our defene from....but conceeding 2 to FC Porto is.

ANyways. I just want to see a win today, and Atletico NOT score. Hopefully moving Gilberto to the back and allowing Mattos and Simao in the middle can make quite a difference for def. and midfield.

btw Drakos totally agree on the flare issue, i have been to games in NZ xwris fotobolides kai sou leo den iperxe kali atmosphera, ma stin ellada me tis flares!!! TI MAGIKI ATMOSPHERA!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...guess its a cultural thing, white peeps hate flares, us olive folk love em.....

PAE has asked fans to not use flares? WTF?

Is anybody going to speak up? Or is everybody fine letting UEFA dictate absolutley everything ? They're so unbeleivably far up their asses it isnt funny.

Panathinaikos was punished last season with one game without fans. We are on probation and very lucky we can field 70k fans today. A few more flares, a couple of laser beams and our next game will be without fans. I think it's a high price to pay for what some find "exciting atmosphere".

Anyway, enough whining a few hours before the game.

Our defense will step it up today and Atletico will leave with their tails between their legs. It looks like Ten Cate is cooking two man-to-mans: Vintra on Forlan and Simao on Aguero. Gilberto will be the third CB to sweep the space they will leave when they drift wide. He will also move the ball forward from defense.

Even if we did have a stud CB we would be looking for ways to help our defense against Atletico. I expect Atletico will get their chances but we'll make sure they are low percentage. I also expect Galinovic to pull a couple of saves when we need them.

Katsouranis will have to plug all other holes to keep their midfielders from sneaking in. Karagounis/Cisse/Salpigidis will have to do extra work to score a couple. I expect to see Leto in either at the start or early in the second half. It will be interesting to see if Matos starts as well.

I think it's doable and with a little luck we'll be going through. I don't think the difference between the two teams is that great.

Panathinaikos knows how to play in Europe and we'll prove it tonight.

Oh, I smell victory, a resounding victory, said Giannis to his best friend Christos. I can see Aguero dribbling past four players and a superb last-ditch tackle saving the situation from Kante, and I also see Bjarsmyer score from a header on a Karagounis corner. I see a 3-0 scoreline and I see Wandzik saving a few shots from Kiko, and Domazos chipping the ball over Arconada!!! I see stars and sunshine coming closer---

Then, right at that moment, Giannis' mother came and wake him up turbulently!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Seriously, I want PAO to win but I'll be shell shocked if it happens... <_<

On a side note as posted on the Phantis main site from USA Today. 2 Athletico fans have been hospitalized after a clash with PAO fans. What do they think they are in Spain? Come to Greece and watch the and your team quietly.

On a side note as posted on the Phantis main site from USA Today. 2 Athletico fans have been hospitalized after a clash with PAO fans. What do they think they are in Spain? Come to Greece and watch the and your team quietly.

Are you kidding? Go to Greece and already find clashes with fans over a qualifyer? Sit down and eat your ham and crap tasting olive oil you castillian pricks.

Can someone please explain to me why the stadium is half empty and the atmosphere is the worst i've ever seen in a European game involving a Greek team.

Atletico are also looking s%$#!. Why aren't we pressing them and attacking intelligently instead of just launching the ball forward? This is disgraceful!

Archived