Phantis Forums

Nathan Burns

Cerigo

like i said when he first signed for AEK, he is not good enough to be apart of AEKs first team even if we are under performing...

He has played in the cup, not sure how he played in that.

In the Adelaide Advertiser which is the local newspaper there was an article on him, this was about a month ago... He said he was very happy at AEK even though he was in the reserves. He knows what he has to work on and he is willing to work hard to make it into the first team.

He was a star in the A league but it just shows how much greek soccer is compared to the A league.

• 1 month later...

I know I have written about Nathan Burns before but I am really getting fed up with how he is being treated. I the Greek online press Bajevic is quoted as saying that those who are not shaping up in AEK can leave. He is clearly annoyed with players such as Scocco and Edinho who are not following his instructions, according to reports!!?? He concludes by saying that he wants to give opportunities to those who are trying at training. Well, Dusan, GIVE NATHAN BURNS A GO. You might be surprised at the speed and skill that he has to offer. What has AEK got to lose anyway, given their performances over the last couple of weeks?

• 2 weeks later...

I watched the tail end of that match and I saw him thread a perfect pass to Blanco who scuffed it high. :whistle: Would definitely be cool to see him, Tachtsidis (sp), Rikka (when he recovers), Pliatsikas, and Diouf get more playing time as the season winds down.

I think that was Dusan's approach. Other than insert Nsaliwa immediately, he kept the basic team together to minimize an anarchy. Then slowly started giving chances to different players. By the end of the season will will have an excellent Foreshadowing of what is to come next fall.

Archived