Phantis Forums

ARIS - PAO

PAO_OR_DEATH

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I enjoy a good partisan announcer, but it's ridiculous when the call obvious infractions the wrong way when they go against their team. Koke was one meter offsides and it was called correctly.

Anyway, Mattos is in good form and that's good news. Cleyton, Salpi, and Moon are adding a new dimension to the team with their speed, and Aris' defense is having trouble tracking them down so far.

Koke with a close miss. Our defense looks vulnerable at times. I think it has more to do with how often our fullbacks advance. I thought the idea was for the DMs to cover, but in all the games up to now I see our CBs sliding wide to cover on the counter.

Seeing how Nacho Garcial has been playing I predict Aris will be a man down soon. He should had seen a yellow when he clipped Ivan or Cleyton from behind early on...

H-T 1-2

Decently entertaining game. IMO panathinaikos looks to be a class above Aris. We should finish this game strong and should not allow Aris to hope. There way too many loose balls bouncing around in our box and that's one way that Aris could get a lucky bounce. We need more pressing in midfield.

Clayton is class. I can't believe people would complain why <insert name> does not play. If Cleyton keeps this kind of game up I don't think anyone can challenge him for a starting spot. Ivan plays well too, and Salpi with another excellent game. He could have scored on the tet-a-tet but he served a more certain goal to Cleyton. Moon is not bad but not as spectacular as he was against Inter.

Mattos is a monster. I am so happy we bought his rights and he'll wear the green for a long time. Gilberto looks tired, he could use some rest. Maybe Tziolis would not be bad in the second half.

The rest are their usual selves.

One more half. It's raining so it could get unpredictable. I hope we score early to put this out of reach. Aris looks like a very limited team and their defense looks shaky.

Aris didnt really deserve anything, most of good opportunities were for PAO in the match really. Aris pressed hard but were not productive. A few decent shots, but PAO IMO were too much when they went on offesnive counter attacks we should have put them out 3-1....

One obvious/Salpi - Clayton counterattack Clayton is clearly onsides by a few steps and called off.....I really feel that would have been game/set/match because Clayton was alone in the area with numbers...

Our defense is horrible. Real shame, because theres so much potential for the team to do well and play great ball, but with defenders that lousy, every game has become a derby. An even stronger defense this would have been a comfortable win.

Vyntra, Sariegui, Spyropoulos....Awful, Simao was ok, hes just not a CB....he made a lot of interceptions and won the ball but hes still looks like a DM playing CB out there and its just shaky...

Gilberto did good second half I thought......he distributes well, and hes there. He hit side netting on his shot that also was the best chance of 2nd half, at least the pass/move to step around the keeper were nice. He should have scored there, he had time to take one more touch.....

Offensively I think we showed potential. But when were away with pressure on us, and a weak defense, theyre not going to get as much as they should.

3 points, and we have some things to improve on defensivley. At least Aris only got one serious chance 2nd half, and thats because wonderboy Vyntra didnt push up and even with the line (kept sitting Javito onsides), but supposedly he really was injured.....

D-e-f-e-n-c-e! Too many mistakes guys. We need lots of improvements. Also, I feel that the constant shuffling in the defense scheme--while missing a solid CB--shows lack of communication (or, inability?) for our backs to cover effectively. They don't look to me that they're on the same page.

I think PAO deserved the win, but, but, but... many times we may deserve a better result yet we don't get it because of silly mistakes.

Anyway, a scrappy game, move on now to better things & hopefully to better game playing.

PS>You saw that Salpi could have taken a shot--and I know many others would have in this situation--but he passed the ball. Salpi has shown character and effort. That's why if players like him & Goumas may say something out of frustration is not meant to harm the team or sabotage the coach. ;)

Archived