Phantis Forums

PAO v. Sparta Prague

athinaios

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For once, I'm pleased with the performance of one of our teams. It wasn't spectacular but it was fairly professional. I've just seen the last couple of mins and the goal was nice (Souza should've had another a min later too!). I'm liking what I've seen so far from PAO. An addition at right-back & centre-back and the team is going to win the CL :P

Btw, there was a chant/song that I've never heard before... i couldn't make out the words but it had quite a long and rhythmic: "oohh, ooohh" in it... jeez this has got to be the dumbest explanation ever for a chant... but does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Btw, there was a chant/song that I've never heard before... i couldn't make out the words but it had quite a long and rhythmic: "oohh, ooohh" in it... jeez this has got to be the dumbest explanation ever for a chant... but does anyone know what I'm talking about?

No!

:LOL: :LOL:

Well the goal was good to get the league some points and ease some nerves. We were bad in the back today. Not signing a CB was simply a terrible decision. Its going to be tough- in Greece and Europe especially. I dont know about PAO's chances going any further than the group stage. Without a CB there, were in trouble, its so weak. Sariegui - Vyntra, dont cut it. Jose esp was very sloppy today. Had the Czechs had better finishers, guaranteed they would have scored. Some extremely fortunate/strange misses for them, could have gone as far as cost us the whole tie.

Clayton, pretty much showed why he wasnt first choice. Ninis is so much better, so is Ivanschitz. Clayton is good for depth, but hes not good enough to command a top spot.

Sousa was ok. Good and bad. The excitement over the commentators blabbing how hes a technical player is really BS, they stayed quiet everytime he threw away a posession, or stumbled to go after any of his passes. First half he was quite poor.

No!

:LOL:  :LOL:

:LOL:

@ Drakos = I agree about Souza... he looks clumsy to me. But Cleyton played well I thought.

I thought you said you only saw the end of the game?

Clayton did well physically, he ran hard, and he is quick.

In the final touch (which is his #1 job) he was pretty much useless. The guy is just not it. Ninis should have that starting spot 10/10 times over him, the difference when Sotiris came in was pretty big, PAO looked actually dangerous. PAO was desperatley lacking that final pass/coordination even though we were possesing outside the area.

ok.. enough..... go back and watch the game again.

Souzas job is to score goals. he scored. His first touch is classy. his takounaki was something mantzios, salpi and petropoulo do every day.. ase mas re. He is a vari senter for. thats why we got him. so far he has played two games and scored a winning goal. if u watch the replay of the goal, souza was running with the defender towards the small box and right b4 the gabriel cross he stopped on a dime and cut backwards and got open. moirizei to gkol....

as for cleyton, he has played 2 games this summer. one in austria and one against charleroi. he has excellent passing skills, he is fast and has awesome dribbling skills. I cant see what u see but i have to disagree.

as for Ninis who i love by the way, he was on for 22 minutes. i clearly remember him losing the ball at least 4 times. his first touch was poor.

youre gonna say he helped set up a goal. well what did he do... he made a pass on the wing. gabriel did everything else. souza finished.

cleyton unfortunately didnt have gabriel on the wing today he had salpi. salpi hustled extremely hard but was poor overall. cleyton did what ninis did all game long. you are entitled to your opinion but to call cleyton a back up to ninis is a bit much. Ninis is our little beloved greek boy. i love him. he will be our star, but cleyton is a great player. not a superstar or a legend.. but a great player. he scored 3 goals in 5 games in the uefa cup last year playing for larisa.

Ninis is ahead of him in the depth chart but not classes better. he will be but not at 18.

Not bad for this early in the year.

Expected more goals, but at least we won!

65,000 fans :nw:

Scary moments in the back, where only Spyropoulos was actually good.

Vintra was decent, Nilsson bad, Sariegui average.

Kara is the leader and will be starting, especially in important games.

Simao was not at his best, but still was everywhere.

Cleyton needs time?

Souza shows some promise.

Beautiful cross by Gabriel who is superior to Nilsson, only if he would return to defence...

We should beat AEK on Sunday.

PEACE

Like I said, I only saw the second half. Here are a few thoughts:

Souzas job is to score goals. he scored. His first touch is classy.

Second that

as for Ninis who i love by the way, he was on for 22 minutes. i clearly remember him losing the ball at least 4 times.  his first touch was poor.

I thought Ninis had better decisions and lifted the midfield a bit higher. He did come when Sparta looked exhausted. He has a lot to learn. I think the way they use him this season is perfect. Give him responsibility, play him in the right position, play him selectively, don't put the whole team on his shoulders. He still has a lot to learn.

as for cleyton, he has played 2 games this summer. one in austria and one against charleroi. he has excellent passing skills, he is fast and has awesome dribbling skills

Agree. I like Clayton and he'll help a lot this season. I thought his decision making was not sharp today. On a couple of counter attacks with the ball at his feet we should had scored.

GREAT win by PAO. Points for Greece, money for transfers, and SL Group games till Christmas!

The team looked like they were afraid to get too excited. They seemed to me that they wanted to be under control all game long. Not too many runs. Even if it was not spectacular, it was not bad. We can't really have anything to complain about with a second win and qualification to the groups.

From what I saw, I did not thing the CBs were weak today. I though they were excellent (second half). The big chances for Sparta came when Gilberto looked winded (from his side). Maybe HTC - who did a good job fielding a winning team and managing the game - could have inserted Mattos ten minutes earlier.

Bottom line: Are we ManU? No. Are we in the CL groups? YES! :nw:

ok.. enough..... go back and watch the game again.

Souzas job is to score goals. he scored. His first touch is classy. his takounaki was something mantzios, salpi and petropoulo do every day.. ase mas re. He is a vari senter for. thats why we got him. so far he has played two games and scored a winning goal. if u watch the replay of the goal, souza was running with the defender towards the small box and right b4 the gabriel cross he stopped on a dime and cut backwards and got open. moirizei to gkol....

as for cleyton, he has played 2 games this summer. one in austria and one against charleroi. he has excellent passing skills, he is fast and has awesome dribbling skills. I cant see what u see but i have to disagree.

as for Ninis who i love by the way, he was on for 22 minutes. i clearly remember him losing the ball at least 4 times. his first touch was poor.

youre gonna say he helped set up a goal. well what did he do... he made a pass on the wing. gabriel did everything else. souza finished.

cleyton unfortunately didnt have gabriel on the wing today he had salpi. salpi hustled extremely hard but was poor overall. cleyton did what ninis did all game long. you are entitled to your opinion but to call cleyton a back up to ninis is a bit much. Ninis is our little beloved greek boy. i love him. he will be our star, but cleyton is a great player. not a superstar or a legend.. but a great player. he scored 3 goals in 5 games in the uefa cup last year playing for larisa.

Ninis is ahead of him in the depth chart but not classes better. he will be but not at 18.

Clayton showed no passing skill today, and could not make anything of our numbers up situations except lose the ball he wasnt threatening, lets face it. He didnt find opening passes, he didnt make good runs inside the area, thats all there was to it... Ninis actually makes the final touch. Its a BIG difference. Ninis looked way more threatening cutting into the area, passing and simply effective out there, that Clayton wasnt. HTC replaced Clayton and it showed an improvement.

And seriously I dont see what scoring 3 goals in UEFA Cup for AEL has about anything to do with what were talking about. Neither does Ninis being a greek. I HATE vlakies on the field, and I want the team to win and be the best. Please dont go and say or imply that my opinion is simply based on performances. Not age, not reputation, not CM transfer value, performances.

as for sousa......takounakia? is that even important????? classy 1s touch? :blink:

so sousa has shown how good he is with a heel pass? im talking about important things on the pitch man not the unimportant s%$#! like takounakia. and btw, yes, any professional and semiprofessional forward can use their heel to flick a pass. Thats getting a bit silly now... he had some good moments and his bad. Amazing or particularly strong I wouldnt go as far to say.

he holds the ball well. he is great in the air. he knows how to play cf and he finds openings easily. considering his height he has good pace and is stronger than almost any player out there. he isnt as fast as salpi but salpi would never win a ball in the air. he missed three good chances today. the cross from Cleyton that he tried bringin down in midair with his chest. one where spyro gave him the ball in between 3 players and he dribbled past one and shot that flicked out for a corner. The thign with you is you judge people without seeing them. You had never seen Souza play and already you were bashign him when we signed him. Because fans of flamengo were bashing him. After he won the brazilian scoring title 2 years ago. Sort of liek when we gave gekas to bochum. many in here, including myself werent hurt by his departure and in hidsight it was a horrible decision, and all those fans who spoke too quickly about him ate their words. i just dont see how u can judge someone without watchign him play. What do u expect from a cf liek we need. we dotn need a player like Djebbour up front or someone like Salpi. we need a heavy guy who holds his ground, plays great with his back to the d and can win balls in the air. he didnt by any means have a perfect match, he had many poor plays in todays game.. but nobody was perfect.

CLeyton is a great player. he plays AM and scores goals. the give and go with Souza ( funny its the two players we disagree upon) was somethign we havent seen in pao for years. and yes it was a takounaki but it created a good scoring chance.. allo takounaki gia takounaki kai allo takounaki pou dimiourgei efkairia.

other than nilsson and Sariegui, Salpi was the weakest of our players today. he hustled liek i said but did nothign offensively. everytime he got the ball on the right, he went deep into the corner and lost it or had no effort on goal. Either way we could disagree all day but i cant take anyones opinion seriously when he judges a player without seeing him like u did the day Souza was signed.

As for the player ratings.

Galino- 7 he did ok but looked shaky on a few long and low shots which i have always believed to be his weakness.

Nilsson-4 had a poor all around game. weak defensively, 3 out of the 7 scoring chances sparta had were directly his fault.

Vyntra- 8 Yes an 8. He was all over the back line and made 0 mistakes. i repeat Zero mistakes. He is starting to find his game as a CB which he hasnt played in over 6 years.

Sariegui-4.5 looked shaky all game long. Won some balls in the air but lost some too. especially on the last two chances by sparta looked extremely vulnerable.

Spyropoulos-7.5 He had a very very good first half. was pushign up offensivvely and has soem decent tackles in the back. 2nd half he slowed down a bit but wasnt bad at all.

Gilberto- 7 He is showing signs of gettin match fit. lets not forget he didnt practice all summer long and had merely two weeks to prepare for the games. He looked tired by the 70th but during the whole game he cut down chances as if he was turning the page of a book.. it just seems easy to him. We and greece are lucky to have a player liek him. enjoy him while u can.

Simao-6.5 He was average in the first half but a lot better in the 2nd half. showed signs of being lost at times but took it upon himself to push harder and did well in the 2nd

Kara-7.5 HUSTLE HUSTLE HUSTLE. his shot from 25 yards woulda been a higlight reel goal had it not hit the woodwork. he helped alot and faught hard. i cant really say bad things about him. i love the guy. he tries too hard.

Salpi- 5 He hustled alot but was really ineffective on the wing today. as good as he was against tiblisi thats how poor he was today.

Cleyton 6 He did good considering he hasnt played a match in a month. 45 mins against atromitos doesnt count. had soem good plays and some bad plays but was part of a midfield trio that wasnt great offensively today (Kara,Salpi and CLeyton)

Souza-8.5 He scored the winnign goal. Missed a few chances and showed signs of being a potential target man. He is a bti rusty but has onyl been here for 21 days. give him time, he will do just fine.

Ninis 6 played not too long and was good at helping the team press a bit higher. Gabriel also helped with this. but Ninis didnt do anythign poorly. but nothign was ( amazing or particularly strong).

Gabriel 8.5 Cant really give him man of match or anythign for one cross and one kopsimo but he looke sharp in the few minutes he was on. i liek the way he plays offensively. Mind you, what do we expect, if this guy plays offensively the way he does and defensively was like Cafu, he wouldnt be playin in greece right now. I like him though.

Mattos walked on the field and walked right off as FT was blown 45 or 60 seconds later.

he holds the ball well. he is great in the air. he knows how to play cf and he finds openings easily. considering his height he has good pace and is stronger than almost any player out there. he isnt as fast as salpi but salpi would never win a ball in the air. he missed three good chances today. the cross from Cleyton that he tried bringin down in midair with his chest. one where spyro gave him the ball in between 3 players and he dribbled past one and shot that flicked out for a corner. The thign with you is you judge people without seeing them. You had never seen Souza play and already you were bashign him when we signed him. Because fans of flamengo were bashing him. After he won the brazilian scoring title 2 years ago. Sort of liek when we gave gekas to bochum. many in here, including myself werent hurt by his departure and in hidsight it was a horrible decision, and all those fans who spoke too quickly about him ate their words. i just dont see how u can judge someone without watchign him play. What do u expect from a cf liek we need. we dotn need a player like Djebbour up front or someone like Salpi. we need a heavy guy who holds his ground, plays great with his back to the d and can win balls in the air. he didnt by any means have a perfect match, he had many poor plays in todays game.. but nobody was perfect.

CLeyton is a great player. he plays AM and scores goals. the give and go with Souza ( funny its the two players we disagree upon) was somethign we havent seen in pao for years. and yes it was a takounaki but it created a good scoring chance.. allo takounaki gia takounaki kai allo takounaki pou dimiourgei efkairia.

other than nilsson and Sariegui, Salpi was the weakest of our players today. he hustled liek i said but did nothign offensively. everytime he got the ball on the right, he went deep into the corner and lost it or had no effort on goal. Either way we could disagree all day but i cant take anyones opinion seriously when he judges a player without seeing him like u did the day Souza was signed.

As for the player ratings.

Galino- 7 he did ok but looked shaky on a few long and low shots which i have always believed to be his weakness.

Nilsson-4 had a poor all around game. weak defensively, 3 out of the 7 scoring chances sparta had were directly his fault.

Vyntra- 8 Yes an 8. He was all over the back line and made 0 mistakes. i repeat Zero mistakes. He is starting to find his game as a CB which he hasnt played in over 6 years.

Sariegui-4.5 looked shaky all game long. Won some balls in the air but lost some too. especially on the last two chances by sparta looked extremely vulnerable.

Spyropoulos-7.5 He had a very very good first half. was pushign up offensivvely and has soem decent tackles in the back. 2nd half he slowed down a bit but wasnt bad at all.

Gilberto- 7 He is showing signs of gettin match fit. lets not forget he didnt practice all summer long and had merely two weeks to prepare for the games. He looked tired by the 70th but during the whole game he cut down chances as if he was turning the page of a book.. it just seems easy to him. We and greece are lucky to have a player liek him. enjoy him while u can.

Simao-6.5 He was average in the first half but a lot better in the 2nd half. showed signs of being lost at times but took it upon himself to push harder and did well in the 2nd

Kara-7.5 HUSTLE HUSTLE HUSTLE. his shot from 25 yards woulda been a higlight reel goal had it not hit the woodwork. he helped alot and faught hard. i cant really say bad things about him. i love the guy. he tries too hard.

Salpi- 5 He hustled alot but was really ineffective on the wing today. as good as he was against tiblisi thats how poor he was today.

Cleyton 6 He did good considering he hasnt played a match in a month. 45 mins against atromitos doesnt count. had soem good plays and some bad plays but was part of a midfield trio that wasnt great offensively today (Kara,Salpi and CLeyton)

Souza-8.5 He scored the winnign goal. Missed a few chances and showed signs of being a potential target man. He is a bti rusty but has onyl been here for 21 days. give him time, he will do just fine.

Ninis 6 played not too long and was good at helping the team press a bit higher. Gabriel also helped with this. but Ninis didnt do anythign poorly. but nothign was ( amazing or particularly strong).

Gabriel 8.5 Cant really give him man of match or anythign for one cross and one kopsimo but he looke sharp in the few minutes he was on. i liek the way he plays offensively. Mind you, what do we expect, if this guy plays offensively the way he does and defensively was like Cafu, he wouldnt be playin in greece right now. I like him though.

Mattos walked on the field and walked right off as FT was blown 45 or 60 seconds later.

I almost agree 100% but I'd give Karagouni an 8.5 and Souza 7.

Souza scored but his first touch was poor. Karagouni deserves higher because he was simply excellent. Technical quality and high work rate. Def Man of the Match imo.

Saw the first half; we looked okay but we still have a ways to go. Funny as I was watching I was thinking about our defense as being rather weak; we definitely need someone in there like a Kyriakos or a Dellas in his prime. Hope Ivansitch starts against AEK.

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

PAO 8RISKEIA KI ANARCHEIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE BABY WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Archived