Phantis Forums

PAO v. Sparta Prague

athinaios

All issued tickets for this contest have been sold. and the injured Rukavina, Leontiou, Mattos in the 19.

Damn I knew Rukavina was injured but Mattos and Kara too? Either way I see us winning at home with a shut out and us going through

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a bit surprised that Cleyton isn't really in Ten Cate's plans. I rate him.

Btw, what's the fan situation now? Will gate 13 be sitting back together again or what?

I think Gate 13 is back. the cockneys are back, so the rest should be there too. :tup:

Clayton is good - hes just not Ninis, Ivan, Kara, Salpiggidis - hes competing for a lot of tough spots. Hell feature, but 1st choice hes just not going to be. Of what we saw of him in friendlies i felt he was definitley not going to make the "top cut' althoug hell get some time this season, and HTC doesnt make personal favourites of what we can see, and he could give a lesser crap about age, he just wants performances in training and on the pitch. :tup:

Something moron Pesiero could learn from, and something Rehagel totally lacks. <_<

Cleyton is a very very solid player. in the game against Charleroi he was dynamic for 60 minutes and showed great skill. By seasons end, he will have played more than most think.

Gate 13 is back. out of the 60000 tickets sold, 23000 are diarkeias. the remaining 37000 went out to fans and its believed that the organomeni have bought somewhere close to 6.500k. its going to be like the good ol days.

Dude, take a look at the lineup. Even Karagounis and Christodoulopoulos are out. PAO has good depth in the AM position this year. Someone will be out every week. I think Cleyton is in the plans, he just happen to be a little behind the rest of the AMs at the moment. To be honest, I was afraid Ninis was going to be squeezed out this year, but I am happy to see him competing for the starting spot with Karagounis.

Yes but Cleyton hasn't really featured at all. Considering that, unlike Ninis and Karagounis, Cleyton can also play as a striker I'm abit surprised. I'm not criticisng Ten Cate, I'm just a bit surprised.

i was at first too, but i thought about and after seeing him in green this summer its really not so surprising why...

hes competing with ninis, karagkounis, ivanschitz, Salpiggidis and lazaros for any time. hes a good player, but not at their levels (lazaros maybe, but lazaros is much faster)

Also, he got time in our friendlies. he did get a few chances for HTC to look at him, and he just wasnt cutting it out there. idk if you watched the friendlies, but its a lot easier to see why hes not in HTC's big plans if you saw how he was performing individually...he was a bit dissapointing.

if he picks up in practice, he will get chances. at the moment, HTC isnt handing out spots, and he did give a look at all his players to see how they were, which is something our other older coaches didnt do, which i am shocked because its so pointless. If your a new coach every member down to the youth player needs to be seen in action. Hes just not going to be a lead player at PAO with the depth/skill they have at the moment in his position...

How much did PAo buy Cleyton for? I agree he isnt as good as some of the palyers like Kara, NInis and Ivan, but why would you buy him though? I think you overpayed him for a 3rd string player? Just my opinion, but I think it would have been better to use that money else where like in the defence.

yeah, but this was an early transfer, before Ivan was sealed for example. Hes still a prospect.....its not like hes completley off the team, but we cant start everybody. Its depth. Im glad PAO finally has some, as last seasons lack of depth crushed the team towards the end of the season along with some poor utilizaiton of what we did have by Peseiro.

its not like defense was ignored compleltey.....

they cant find the CB. It was going to be Pellerano, then going to be Avraam, then going to be Givet etc and they all fell through. We did sign some backup in defense with Melissis who is not ready yet..

whas wrong with cleyton to play. hes a paixtara. I dont know why no one wants him to play.

Me neither... he's an excellent player and his performances against Everton, Blackburn and Zenit show he's a player that can play at a level above the SL.

@Drakos: No I didn't see the friendlies, but maybe he's just going through a bad patch because I did see him frequently at AEL and he was VERY good. Anyway, I think PAO will win 2-0 tonight, Salpi with one, Cleyton with the other. ;)

Btw, does anyone know what Greek tv channel is showing the game tonight?

So apparently Mantzio and Tzioli where messing around in the practice and Ten Cate told them to stop fooling around and listen to him and do the drills properly and that however you play in practice reflects how your going to play in the real games. Tzioli put his head down and understood it and started to follow the practice but Mantzio continued to mess around so Ten Cate told him to leave the practice and he is out of the starting lineup. Now Mantzios is out of favor with the coach and might have to find a new team since he is almost certainly done in PAO. Good if this is true get all the jack asses out off the team if they have attitude problems. Anyways 2-0 PAO this game come on PAO lets get it done.

whas wrong with cleyton to play. hes a paixtara. I dont know why no one wants him to play.

Clayton isnt bad, im glad that all our can come in and compete for a place on the team and get chances. He looked sluggish in the friendlies, and a bit poor touch/clumsy. Im sure if HTC is actually starting him, then hes seen enough imporvement to convince him so, as HTC I like doesnt do presets or guaranteed roster BS. If youre crap, youll be dropped from the match squads. If you pick it up, youll be given the chance.

As for Mantzios - hes not off the team after being excluded. HTC will play him when he sees what he wants out of him. HTC doesnt seem to hold personal grudges and is willing to change his mind about players. Afterall, Tziolis was going to be out of plans but HTC changed his mind, Mantzios too earlier in the summer - and Clayton went from being excluded for matches into starting...

Archived