Phantis Forums

PAO v. Sparta Prague

athinaios

u gave salpi a 7 but Souza a 4?

Salpi did nothign wrong.. but nothign right either.. he was fair. at best.

Souza, played alone up front and always had two defenders on him. he was the player goin for the header on the goal we scored and also missed another header int he second half. lets not forget he has been in greece for 12 days. lets not overreact. give the kid time to play. he will be good up front u will see.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Galino was good. He was great on crosses and had no chance on the goal.

Spyropoulos was great tonight. He pushed forward when he had to and his defensive play, which is what everyoen worries about was unbelievable.

Vyntra had an up and down game. when he was pressed he did good withut the ball. he wasnt really to blame on the goal but his man marking in the air leaves to be desired. overall a passable performance.

Sariegui looks more and more comfortable out there. with a player liek melissis beside him or another higher profile CB, he can be a real pillar back there.

Gabriel had off moments defensively. the goal was his responsibility because he let the player come in from behidn him. offensively he is great. Speed, accelaration, technique and ball control are great and when he moved to RM he showed he is very dangerous offensively. Agaisnt smaller teams in greece there will be blood shed.

Tziolis was ok. Nothign special. He played higher than i thought he would. He did well defensively and had a chance or two up front. wa ssurprised to see him that high. overall he was a bit better than average.

Gilberto Silva had a quiet first half... mainly beign lost in between two other DMs. with a player liek him, u dotn need to play with 3 DMs. he has wicked control of the midfield. High class. WORLD class. As soon as Ninis came on, we saw Gilberto distributing the ball everywhere, controlling everything. very very good.

Simao is becoming more and more stable and will be very hard to replace.His goal was obviously the deciding one and for a 19 year old kid to score a winning goal in a champions league game is great. especially for greek soccer. we have talent here. Start payign us big bucks if u want em. No more 1.4 million for giourkas and stuff liek that.

Kara wa sall over the place. he sweated, cried and spat blood for the team tonight. His cross led tot he first goal and was running aroudn liek he usually does. Great game.

Salpi had a quiet game but he was active on the rigth side, especially defensively. he did well when pushed forward. very decent performance.

Souza didnt score but he did everythign else. He is the type of player that draws double coverage because of his talent in the air. I think he will do very well for us. i like him. he has grit and determination. not passive liek Mantzio.

Nilsson came on in the last 15 and played well.

Ivan didnt have time to impress that much but had a decent chance in the end that won the corner.

Ninis came on and changed our midfield completely. he held the ball gave us soem good possesion was the corner taker on the goal simao scored. a breath of fresh air.

Overall the team played great. a little too defensive in the first half but completely rejuvenated in the second. i do believe after watching this game though, that we need another CB. Vyntra mgiht be ok against Panthrakikos but in the cl we need someone a little better. Maybe Melissis is the answer. maybe someone else...

EITHER WAY, IM GOING TO SLEEP WELL TONIGHT

Souza ive got a bad feeling about. In his background in his game, everything. Cant help but think he wont be at PAO more than a season or two at best.

Cant control the ball, not fast, cant connect with passes.....more of the same bad forwards we used to have.

I was a big fan of Ano's Sosin tonight. We should have got him instead, plays the role great, faster player, good skill in the air, physical and a scorer. Seriously, he should be with ethniki of Poland. At least could have finished off the prota8lhma with a player like that last year instead of Pos-trixa and Papadopoulos

Sosin has 26 goals in the last 6 season.

As for Souza, he is fast. perhaps u didnt watch the same game i did. and what background are u talkin about? the fact that he didnt succeed in Bulgaria or russia or wherever he played. Does that mean Castillo isnt good either seeign as how he sucked at Shaktar? come on re file.

In football u should always wait and see a player play for urself.

Besides, wasnt Souza the leadign scorer in the brazilian A League two years ago? last year he missed 19 games due to injury.

He is big and strong and is great in the air.Iremise ligw na ton deis.

Sosin has 26 goals in the last 6 season.

As for Souza, he is fast. perhaps u didnt watch the same game i did. and what background are u talkin about? the fact that he didnt succeed in Bulgaria or russia or wherever he played. Does that mean Castillo isnt good either seeign as how he sucked at Shaktar? come on re file.

In football u should always wait and see a player play for urself.

Besides, wasnt Souza the leadign scorer in the brazilian A League two years ago? last year he missed 19 games due to injury.

He is big and strong and is great in the air.Iremise ligw na ton deis.

That statistic is completley mistaken......

Hes been the top scorer in Cyprus for 3 seasons ---hit 16 goals last year with Ano, and the season before had 28

So its more like 44 goals in the last TWO seasons.

He really is a goal maniac, and as an all around player worked his ass of for Ano and kept OSFP nervous!

and with Poland he has 2 goals, 3 caps. The player knows how to score and is deadly in the air/physically, and for his 31 years hes in great form, speed, power....He plays in Cyprus, its sort of a mystery (no offense Cypriots)......

Dont be suprised if OSFP are half intelligent to pick him up, the guys much better current solution than Kostas Metrosexualoglou. Im no BS, DUDE was right and knows about the player too. How no Greek team has approached is ridiculous though AEL looked into him. Could easily start for any Greek team outside of big 3, and make quite a run for a spot at the big 3 too.

Souza was CSKA SOFIA. They suck for Bulgarian stndards...Shaxtar Donetsk is 10x the size club. I dont want to get into it, I only watched from 62 minute like I said, fom 62 to 90 he was not a 4, more like 5. Useless, not special. Something about the signing isnt right...Ill wait to see, but I dont like the leadup with this guy.

Well done PAO. :tup:

Controlled the game, played efficiently, intelligently with a good system.

Simao was the best player, Kara was great, Souza was strong.

Gilberto was modest, dependable and error free. Spyropoulos covered a lot of ground on the left. Everyone else did OK.

Gabriel who was shaky defensively and directly responsible for their goal, and Vintra, were the ones to need improvement.

Ninis and Nilsson were good subs. I like Ten Cate's choices.

PEACE

wouldnt it be even funnier if olympiakos was winning 4-0 untill the 89' when anorthosi scores a goal and pushes them into the ..... uefa CUP ......

seriously though, osfp will be arseholes and win 5-1 in karaiskaki and we will have to live with them wanking over it for a long time

dont get too confident of that PAO or Death

5-1????

OSFP will hit FIVE goals in a European match?

OSFP will beat a team thats good in defense and presses on the counter FIVE one....

Im sure they hope so, but OSFP has quite a tough job, with no players, and a moron for a coach.....Anorthosis is 90 mins away from their dream. Theyre no Levadiakos man....

They will not come looking to be rolled over...

wouldnt it be even funnier if olympiakos was winning 4-0 untill the 89' when anorthosi scores a goal and pushes them into the ..... uefa CUP ......

seriously though, osfp will be arseholes and win 5-1 in karaiskaki and we will have to live with them wanking over it for a long time

I promise that if that actually happens,i will not talk to you guys and bother you for a whole year.....and i will send you 100$ for beer personally. :D

Guest TheLegend

I was a big fan of Ano's Sosin tonight. We should have got him instead, plays the role great, faster player, good skill in the air, physical and a scorer. Seriously, he should be with ethniki of Poland. At least could have finished off the prota8lhma with a player like that last year instead of Pos-trixa and Papadopoulos

hes ok nothing special

as the newspaper said olympiacos' defense made him look like ronaldhino when hes really just a player from the Cypriot league.

no hes really better than anything in the Cypriot League.

Hes been a top scorer in Cyprus for seasons on has a great scoring record and in his 3 caps hit 2 with Poland. The guy is fully suited for a higher level, hell hes better than Vaggelis Mantzios or Mitroglou thats for sure.

Archived