Phantis Forums

Panathinaikos club and press coverage

cyberfish

I decided to open this topic because I was dumbfounded yesterday when I went online to read the superleague reports.

We had some very exciting games on Sunday and some exciting results including Panathinaikos playing great football for 20 minutes and beating a worthy opponent, and Olympiakos being slapped around by AEK in a 4-0 rout. Olympiakos is the perpetual champion that has not conceded 4 goals since the early nineties.

To my surprise, most, if not all, online pamphlets emphasized the dialogues of Panathinaikos' locker room more than the 4-0 thrashing or anything else. It might be me being paranoid (plausible) but does anyone else get the feeling there is a concerted effort to make sure Panathinaikos fans can't focus properly on the three remaining games that could bring the title to Leoforos?

I get the feeling some PAO reporters are upset with the team, or the owners, or some players, and want to make sure the team does not win anything so their agenda can be forwarded. Stelios Sareskos of Ethnos rarely writes anything positive about the team. His take on the locker room exchange was particularly slanted.

Ethnos (or E-go) seems particularly hostile to our team, and I have the impression Sportdog has mostly favorable reports. Do you know of any media outlets I should be taking off my bookmark list besides E-go?

Well, sportnews.gr is in the Flash consortium, so no surprise there. On a more general note, I think that the whole OSFP-favourable tendency of the Greek sport press is partly due to Socrates' undeniable power when it comes to press-related policies and partly to the fact that OSFP has had great and continuing domestic success. The latter is known to cause the notorious 'the boss is right' effect. They have been successful and, therefore, they must know what they 're doing - just let them be. Finally, it is perfectly clear that the media serve their clients what they want to hear: OSFP fans want to hear how great their team is and how it's going to dominate again; PAO fans want to hear how horrible their team is, how useless the management and their employees are and how everything is hopeless. If you say/write the opposite you are Tzigger's servant and a traitor - simple as that. Add to this that the so-called "

... Finally, it is perfectly clear that the media serve their clients what they want to hear: OSFP fans want to hear how great their team is and how it's going to dominate again; PAO fans want to hear how horrible their team is, how useless the management and their employees are and how everything is hopeless. If you say/write the opposite you are Tzigger's servant and a traitor - simple as that. Add to this that the so-called "

Archived