Phantis Forums

Summer Transfers 2008

george21

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ AEK_ADELAIDE:

• Robinho, the 21 year old midfielder from Mogi Mirim is more likely to come to AEK than ever before, and his main motivation to come to AEK is Rivaldo. Other teams interested in him are: Werder Bremen, Botafogo and Corinthians.
  • Apparently Fiorentina is also interested in Papastathopoulos, and Wigan is expected to make an official offer today or tomorrow of about 6 million euro. Also, the German press reports Hertha to have made an offer for Papastathopoulos as well, an offer of about 2,5 million euro, which AEK declined.
  • Tozser will most likely not be going on loan transfer to Genk, after AEK declined an offer from the Belgian team.
  • Lyberopoulos wants to continue his carreer outside of Greece and has already had two offers, one from Omonoia Lefkosia and one from Rapid Wien, but both offers were not economically interesting to him, so he most likely won't accept any of them.

Just wondering: how would you guys see a move that would bring Michalis Konstantinou to AEK? He is available.

Don't all of you hit me at once!

The guy still has a lot of quality... he just needs to get fit and feel loved. He's also the sort of target man AEK is missing. I'd love to see him at AEK, although he'll probably end up at Aris.

I'm a bit confused about the Villa rumour and Papasta... Mellberg played at right-back for Villa, and Stephen Carr (the alternative to Papasta) is also a right back. So are they hoping to play him at right back? :blink: The kid is a centre-back and should develop as such, so Villa want him as a right back he should turn them down.

Lybe shouldn't bother going to Feyenord, waste of time. Ajax could be a good move, but I'd still rather he went to Lazio if they are serious about their interest. Frankfurt could also be a fantastic move for him.

I always liked Cirillo, but considering how bad Levante have been this year, taking him back may be a step backwards.

Any news on where Dellas might be going?

thanks guys for all the translation, i very much appreciate it, this is the only way i know what is happening with AEK and who they want to get and who wants to leave etc etc.

Im excited that cirillo might be coming back as he was excellent when he played for us. Also some of these players you guys have mentioned will may AEK stronger i believe. i have heard excellent words for escobar so if he signs he will be very valuable.

Why is Dellas leaving? does he need a new challenge? i thought he would want to win the league with AEK as he has never done that before?

Cleyton looks like he is coming which is fantastic, and if any team signs papa i hope its wigan, they have showed the most for him and i do believe wigan will make him a better player. But i only want him to go to wigan if they give us a good amount for him

I say "no" to Cirillo :tdown:

He caused unrest in the locker room with Ferrer and I can only imagine what he would do with Donis. He was a good player for Greece but that was 2 years ago. I think he is looking to come back now because everyone always thinks that they are better than they are when they leave Greece. Its a smack in the face when they leave and they realize how good they had it.

This Clayton thing has gone on for too long. !.6 mill and 2 players is quite alot. esp since Oly and PAO and out of the race. I think we should stop acting like hungry dogs over this. I agree he is a good player, but I think there are other good players that we can get for that money.

Is there a rumor of Dellas leaving, or maybe retiring? have not heard that yet...

Well according to contra.gr Saxa is comeing to Greece for the final talks nad the contract signing. Don't know allot about this guy but i will trust Demi and Doni on this one. Here is the article:

Archived