Phantis Forums

Summer Transfers 2008

george21

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am sorry, but the claim that Djebour is a better player than Blanco is total crap. Have you guys watched any of the AEK games last season? Blanco is a proven finisher and he is also a crowd favourite. The fact that he played alonside Rivaldo does not detract from his goal scoring attributes. AEK should be careful that in trying to make a fast buck on players it does not sell its soul.

oh.. i thought i was the only one waiting.. :LOL: :LOL:

The article?

Or the discussion?

Well, the article --> Arruabarrena left without complaints or holding anything against anyone. He said if anyone would ask them if they should go to AEK he would definitely advise them to go. He is probably going to Tigre in Argentina.

The discussion --> Discussion about who's better, Blanco or Djebbour.

Djebbour.. :o better than Blanco??!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I saw him play against AEL and Galatasaray last season and he's just an average and overrated striker who will hit the rock bottom when he heads for a bigger club..

Meanwhile, Blanco's a proven striker who has scored nearly in every big game AEK played last term..

All Greek teams are making good moves this year and it's difficult to guess who does what in the league.. <_<

Yes, he IS a better player.

More pace, better off the mark quickness, higher technical level.

I could give a rats ass about statistics, especially when comparing players on two teams of different quality.

I am sorry, but the claim that Djebour is a better player than Blanco is total crap. Have you guys watched any of the AEK games last season? Blanco is a proven finisher and he is also a crowd favourite. The fact that he played alonside Rivaldo does not detract from his goal scoring attributes. AEK should be careful that in trying to make a fast buck on players it does not sell its soul.

No, I haven't watched ANY of AEK's games. In fact, I don't know a damn thing about football.

p.s. since whne did being a fan favorite become a criterion in assessing a players ability?

Funny because as of Canada's last FIFA WC 2010 qualifying match against St Vincent and the Grenadines, Radzinski was starting. In any case, he'd be a decent addition but he is getting up there in age (likely more of a back-up to Scocco and Blanco if he does come).

Guest TheLegend

If aek keeps buying these old players and signing them to huge contracts (basinas 3 years/ kyriakos 5 years!!!) in 2-3 years when these players are useless but still have contracts left they will be screwed..

I guess its safe to say that our transfer period iS done i beleive demis must have blinders on that he think that after the laugher of a team effort with omonia we do not need any more quality mid fielders or a 3rd striker.

ORAIO AFTO KALA KRASIA

And lets pray to god that aek will rise from the ashes and suprise us all on the 28th and so on with sl cup :whistle:

Thers stilll time demi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just thinkin out loud would melisanidi with his money could of got us some more talent i wonder..........................????????hummmmmmmmm

Jesus are we done signing and going after 30 plus year old players since when has aek become the place to go were career die .

frecking hell man enuff already ive had enuff

Although I think signing Radzinski would be silly, a team like AEK have to buy experienced players. The unstable financial situation means that AEK can either buy average young players, or more mature players that have talent but lack the physical attributes to still be top players. The fact remains, that for the money AEK are paying, it is impossible to find a younger player that is as good as Rivaldo. So, a balance is necessary and AEK are trying to acheive that with a limited budget. AEK have made some excellent moves over the summer when you consider the financial situation.

Archived