2 Shots on goal 3

4 Shots wide 7

15 Fouls committed 17

5 Corners 2

4 Offsides 4

29' 12'' Ball. Poss. (time) 37' 42''

43% Ball. Poss. (%) 57%

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/fixtu.../report=st.html

oly had 43 % possesion at home and only 2 shots as opposed to chelsea who have a great defensive team that got 3 shots on target and not to mention the biggest chance of the game in the 93rd.

I dont mean to be negative but facts are facts and i dont know where someone got 52% possesion for oly and outshooting chelsea. Chelsea played a defensive game in Karaiskaki. Even pao in the bad year we copped 5 in barca did we manage to draw agiainst braca at OAKA.

good result butlets not get ahead of ourselves.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys I hope Oly can go through (and will be rooting for them), but I can't see it happeng at stanford brifge. Oly needed to get a goal at home to have some hope, but it didn't happen. 1-0 today would have been ideal today.

Cheers everybody! It was a very conservative match. Tactics made by both coaches we're surpurb. Lemonis could of done this or could of done that...everyone can say whatever they want. In the end, what is important is that Chelsea is going back to London without an away goal as Chelsea failed to score a goal in Athens.

Lemonis got the job done at this stage of the tournament were there is no room for error in the knock out stages. Chelsea has played its best football on the road this year in Champions League`s play. Chelsea proved this this year in the Champions League going undefeated on the road winning two away games (Rosenborg 0-4 Chelsea, Valencia 1-2 Chelsea) and tying Schalke 0-0 in Germany.

Good news for Lemonis and Olympiakos supporters is that Chelsea's weak link as crazy as it sounds is playing Champions League football at home this year. Rosenborg drew Chelsea in London 1-1 and Valencia did the same tying Chelsea in London 0-0. Chelsea`s only victory at home came against Schalke (2-0).

Olympiakos faced a similar dilema this year suprisingly playing better on the road than it did at home. The Hellenic football club won victories in Germany and Italy and gave Real Madrid the run of their lifes in the Bernabeu in Madrid.

The tables in my opinion have turned now in the London fixture in favor for Olympiakos but Chelsea staff and supporters are too cocky to admit this. All pressure is on Chelsea football club as they face a huge wall in front of them in the next coming match in London. It will be a nail bitter for Chelsea supporters if the great Chelsea team fails to score in the first 30-35 min of the game. Pressure is on the $570 million estimated Chelsea football club that is a fact which benefits Olympiakos. We on the other hand with our $ 70 million estimated market player value have absolutly nothing to lose when our beloved team flyies to London.

We can win on the road we have proved this and we have played our best football in our away matches this year in the most difficult pitches. Having said that, Lemonis will also have his key assets available and ready to go in two weeks time when Lua Lua will be available and so will Patsatzoglou at 100%.

The stage is set for a huge upset... and the curse of Hellenic teams not ever leaving with a "positive" result on English soil will be broken. Lemonis is the man of the match today.. Chelsea failed to score a goal in Athens and this will bite them in the a** when Olympiakos burries one and silences the crowd in Stamford Bridge.

Guest TheLegend

I see Lemonis as not takign advantage of a poor Chelsea side. We needed a goal today. You guys are very confident we wont lose in England, and the way things were today we wont..but I dont think its gona happen in England as well..

Cheers everybody! It was a very conservative match. Tactics made by both coaches we're surpurb. Lemonis could of done this or could of done that...everyone can say whatever they want. In the end, what is important is that Chelsea is going back to London without an away goal as Chelsea failed to score a goal in Athens.

Lemonis got the job done at this stage of the tournament were there is no room for error in the knock out stages. Chelsea has played its best football on the road this year in Champions League`s play. Chelsea proved this this year in the Champions League going undefeated on the road winning two away games (Rosenborg 0-4 Chelsea, Valencia 1-2 Chelsea) and tying Schalke 0-0 in Germany.

Good news for Lemonis and Olympiakos supporters is that Chelsea's weak link as crazy as it sounds is playing Champions League football at home this year. Rosenborg drew Chelsea in London 1-1 and Valencia did the same tying Chelsea in London 0-0. Chelsea`s only victory at home came against Schalke (2-0).

Olympiakos faced a similar dilema this year suprisingly playing better on the road than it did at home. The Hellenic football club won victories in Germany and Italy and gave Real Madrid the run of their lifes in the Bernabeu in Madrid.

The tables in my opinion have turned now in the London fixture in favor for Olympiakos but Chelsea staff and supporters are too cocky to admit this. All pressure is on Chelsea football club as they face a huge wall in front of them in the next coming match in London. It will be a nail bitter for Chelsea supporters if the great Chelsea team fails to score in the first 30-35 min of the game. Pressure is on the $570 million estimated Chelsea football club that is a fact which benefits Olympiakos. We on the other hand with our $ 70 million estimated market player value have absolutly nothing to lose when our beloved team flyies to London.

We can win on the road we have proved this and we have played our best football in our away matches this year in the most difficult pitches. Having said that, Lemonis will also have his key assets available and ready to go in two weeks time when Lua Lua will be available and so will Patsatzoglou at 100%.

The stage is set for a huge upset... and the curse of Hellenic teams not ever leaving with a "positive" result on English soil will be broken. Lemonis is the man of the match today.. Chelsea failed to score a goal in Athens and this will bite them in the a** when Olympiakos burries one and silences the crowd in Stamford Bridge.

I agree, Well said :tup:

I don't understand why some people are trying to spoil the opportunity of a lifetime. It's ONE game, anything can happen. A 1-1 tie is a challenge but it is not impossible. Why not have some faith in a Greek team, and believe that MAYBE just MAYBE it can happen. &nsbp; &nsbp;Let's really be realistic, since when the hell does the "most talented" and "deepest" and "expensive" team ALWAYS have to win? Yes, statistically speaking, more often than not, the favorites do win, but that doesn't mean it's time to stick our heads between our legs and say goodbye. "Anything is possible" (remember that? 2004).

Olympiake, ######se tous :gr:

It's not impossible but it's near-impossible.

We did nothing against the great Chelsea defense in front of our roaring crowd. I really don't think we will improve enough to score in England.

i hope and pray but I don't see it. Chelsea is a great team looking to win it all finally and they will not take Olympiakos lightly in England.

Happy we got a draw but we needed a goal to have some hope. I say 2-0 loss in England.

managed to see the last 20 min of this one, & i should of stayed at work.. BORING. It seemed to me that both teams were content with a tie. this benefits Chelsea.

Nunez seemed very useless

why benefit chelsea. an away goal now and we in (excluding a loss of course)

or are you saying this because you think PAO's 0-0 result vs. rangers is a triumph

im saying it because you are playing the next match away & this doesnt favor you.

this is not about PAO...we are in the oly forum. you wanna discuss PAO you are welcomed to the forum there

managed to see the last 20 min of this one, & i should of stayed at work.. BORING. It seemed to me that both teams were content with a tie. this benefits Chelsea.

Nunez seemed very useless

why benefit chelsea. an away goal now and we in (excluding a loss of course)

or are you saying this because you think PAO's 0-0 result vs. rangers is a triumph

im saying it because you are playing the next match away & this doesnt favor you.

this is not about PAO...we are in the oly forum. you wanna discuss PAO you are welcomed to the forum there

Who believes Oly would be 'favoured' against a side like Chelsea, in any circumstances, whether the match is in Karaiskaki, whether it's at Stamford Bridge, whether it's at friggin Brooklyn Bridge, for that matter.

As for the second comment, mas douleueis re file; Apparently, any thread here is diverted into an opportunity for haters to crap on Oly's CL run (many of whom do so while praising PAO in the process). Do you tell these guys to keep the discussion on the topic of the thread? Doubtful.

Anyway, alimono na mi dikaioumaste na antisthatoume se tetoies epitheseis.

Btw, the gavro fans here for the most part support PAO unconditionally in their tourney. As for the PAO fans regarding Oly's chances...hardly.

to get into 12th place.. would a win to panathinaikos vs rangers be enough??

i am still unsure on how the point system actually works..

how great would it be with an aek pao oly cl groups!!

im pretty sure this happened in one year.. it would have been 2001 or maybe 2002. aek were undefeated.. but they never won a game either.. impressive draws with roma and real madrid away from home that year...

olympaikos and panathinaikos both didnt make it out of their groups either.. going by memmory here

im pretty sure this happened in one year.. it would have been 2001 or maybe 2002. aek were undefeated.. but they never won a game either.. impressive draws with roma and real madrid away from home that year...

olympaikos and panathinaikos both didnt make it out of their groups either.. going by memmory here

You're way off the mark!

The closest to having 3 Greek clubs in UEFA CL was season 2004/05 where Olympiakos was in Group A (finishing 3rd) and PAO was in group E (finishing 3rd). Our 3rd club was PAOK who were drawn in the 3rd round of qualifying where they were ulitmately humiliated 4-0 on agg to Maccabi Tel Aviv.

Seriously now, I am sick of people who rely on heresay and anectodal rubbish and express them as facts. Typical Greek kafenio mentallity that aek66 refers to. "pretty sure" ends up becoming the truth around here.

Just to go off on a slight tangent, let's be clear:

No there is NO Zionist conspiracy to keep Greece and her people down.

No <insert nation/religion> are NOT jealous of us Greeks because of the Greek Orthodox church.

and NO we have never had three Greek teams in UEFA CL group stage!

Am content with the result because we're still in the tie, but realistically I think we needed a goal. Chelsea will make it through now imo. We missed Lua Lua soooo much, and I hope Oly fans will now realise just how important he is to us.

Anyway, going by Championship manager ratings where:

1-4 = Forget footbal, become a postman.

5 = below average performance.

6 = average.

7 = showed a good account of himself.

8 = Very good performane.

9 = Fantastic performance, a contender for Man of the Match.

10 = The match winner, a perfect performance.

This is how I rated our players:

Nikopolidis: 7 = Very assured when he was called upon (rarely!)

Zewlakow: 8 = Malouda got handled completely. He could have offered a bit more offensively, but at the back he was great.

Pantos: 5 = Yes he kept Joe Cole quiet but he made ALOT of mistakes that we were lucky did not lead to goals.

Antzas: 8 = Very good performance and received a lot of praise from the Rangers manager Walter Smith too.

Cesar: 9 = Had Drogba in his back pocket the whole night.

Ledesma: 5 = Wasn't his usual self. He wasn't tracking the runners past him, he wasn't brave in possession, etc. Not good enough if we want to qualify.

Stoltidis: 9 = Man of the match imo. Bossed the midfield with some great tackles and a confident display on the ball.

Galletti: 7 = Considering he was isolated in much of his play he showed some nice stuff. Worked very hard too.

Djole: 6 = Not the commanding performance I'd have hoped for.

Torosidis: 5 = Either learn how to cross the ball or go and play for PAO!

Kovacevic: 6 = Worked hard but offered very little else.

SUBS:

Bellushi: 5 = What did he don apart from give the ball away. If it wasn't so early on in his Oly career I'd have given him a 4.

Nunez: 5 = Did nothing.

Leonardo: 5 = see above.

We'll have to improve considerably if we want to progress.

Archived