Phantis Forums

ATTENDANCE IS DOWN- WHERE ARE THE FANS?

athinaios

THIS WILL KILL FOOTBALL IN GREECE, i dont care if every now and then violence happens, the atmosphere the thyres create is truely unique and powerful.

You don't care? Well, some of us do, my friend, and what we have here is a "nice" atmosphere on the stands on one hand and people dying on the other (that is, if you call swearing and throwing objects on the pitch "nice"). I don't know, it seems to me that preventing the latter cannot even compare in importance to preserving the former. A democratic state and a civilized society cannot encourage violence, especially for such a ridiculous "benefit"! A football stadium is a public venue and we all have the right to attend games without worrying for our very lives. It has been definitely proven that many "fan clubs" are just hideouts for war tribes. Time to put an end to this for the good of the sport and as a duty to ourselves.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't studied the details of the proposed measures, but the present situation is deplorable and obviously not acceptable.

There is huge cost associated with violence. Some people are paying with their lives, or injured bodies, but we all pay the costs of maintaining the peace among barbarians and the effects this has on our society.

In the end, the sport will die. As people become more, er, civilized, there will be fewer fanatics to participate. But those few can poison the sport. There are many more distractions and things to do for a young person today. We've got to see this as a long-term solution and make the sport attractive, a pleasurable activity for many people to enjoy.

PS>as I've said here many times before, there are idiots who are in charge of ticket distribution and of public relations at PAO

people getting killed? that hasnt happened in forever... lets not overexxagerate things..

and idiot gangs attacking eachother with red and green scarves on kilometers away from the matches is NOT stadium violence.

Fan Clubs wont go away. Tzigger is trying to kill leoforos, and hes going to see a lot less enthusiasm for the team. Watch any match in leoforos this year....PAO has no home advantage anymore.....even vs OSFP it was the most boring atmosphere I have seen in Leoforos, even when we played teams like Proodeftiki and had nobody there....I am less interested in going to these matches because of that. Kids get involved into regular matchgoing through these clubs - not through Panathas program. Athenians dont have the 50 euros to spend each week on a PAO match to sit in those sections.

Vgenopoulos is correct : Panathinaikos xwris 8yra 13 DEN YPARXEI

They will be back. Behaviour should be monitored and tracked but they cant go away.

As for violence - what violence does G13 do inside the stadiums now (last couple years)?

Weve banned away fans for OSFP and AEK matches, thats about it...

Also, if you guys HONESTLY think that only G13 and "Hooligans" are throwing objects on to the pitch, you have no clue.

I have sat in the more expensive gates quite a few times before... bottles, magazines, objects..in fits of anger they sometimes go flying on to the pitch..and were talking old men, middle aged men...just fans... they take away coins and lighters now before going in. The whole situation everybody has made is exagerated. The league was fine with fans, we just need to make sure more extreme things like pitch invasions and fan attacks are kept to a minimum.......

And did you think it would just go away like that when the league matures?

Look at Italy....

This will defantly kill the sport in greece. There is already crap crowds in greece and eliminating the hardcore will only make it worse. Greece is a small country and every litle city cannot bring 20 000 to a match. But they can rack up a solid 12 000-15 000. I bet with these rules, a crowd of about 15 000 a game (which is already alot by greek standerds) go down to about 6000-7000.

We need these clubs and some sort of passion to continue on. Otherwise every stadium in greece will be as full as Kalamarias last week vs oly.

And guys, people never get killed in football in greece. I agree with drakos, lets not exadurate.

im glad some of you get my "point"

I AM SCARED THIS WILL HAPPEN IN GREECE, i should not have said A-league i can sometime hear 3-4 fans chanting in those games....I meant ENGLAND!!!!!

trust me these days at PAO will seem like Ksorkismenos from hell if these laws pass.

I swear the media is to blame for all this rubbish

• 3 weeks later...

Archived