Phantis Forums

AEK - FC Salzburg

Genome

From the Red Bull Salzburg site:

Bulls land in sunny Athens.

After a half-hour delay, Sky Wings Airlines DC 9-82/83 lifted off from Salzburg to head to Athens.

Except for the suspended Rene Aufhauser and the injured Marc Janko, the Austrian Champions’ full squad was on board.

The liveliest topic of discussion as the jet sailed high was yesterday evening’s decent performances from the pair of teams who have denied Red Bull Salzburg a Champions League spot in the previous two years:

 Valencia beat Schalke 1-0 thanks to a David Villa strike.

 Shakhtar Donetsk won their opening group match at home to Celtic 2-0, with Brandao und Lucarelli getting the goals.

The irony is that the very players to get their names on the scoreboard last night were those who have sent Salzburg crashing out of the last two Champions League campaigns.

Back to the UEFA Cup:

A year ago Red Bull Salzburg battled it out with Blackburn Rovers for a spot in the UEFA Cup group stage. A similar level of opposition can be expected tomorrow, with AEK Athens’ prowess also comparable to Donetsk.

Trapattoni reckons that he knows how the Greeks will line-up tomorrow and has already settled on the Salzburg starting eleven in his head.

The Bulls are to train this afternoon in the Olympic Stadium, with Alexander Zickler taking part despite bearing a slight knock. The rest of the 20 man playing party are fully fit and ready for action.

And Zico will most likely recover in time to lead the Bulls’ frontline on Thursday.

+ two more interesting/entertaining articles from their site:

Rivaldo v Zickler.

AEK v Bulls: who will triumph in UEFA clash?.

Let's hope we do better than back in 94/95's Champions League where we played them 0-0 and 1-3 ...

GO AEK!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear AEK supporters!

Although I am no AEK supporter (though I like your team much more than Olympiakos, Aris etc. ;)) I sure as hell hope, that you are going to kick the Red Bulls' asses!

Why? I do not know, if you know anything about the histroy of the Red Bull FC!

Well, actually there is not much history....

Do you remember playing Austria Salzburg in the Champions League in 1994?

Well, that was (and still is) the club i love.

Almost Three years ago, the owner of Red Bull had the great idea of participating in the Austrian football league. But how should that be done? A new club legally has to begin in the seventh league.

The answer: bying an existing club, changing the whole staff + team, and changing the name and the colors of the team!!!!

Our identity has been killed by those REd Bull jerks - that "football club" does not deserve this term. This is a commercial team owning a lot of money, that loves to kill other club's identities. And yeah, they got the most crappy fans one has ever whitnessed.

My team is now playing in the sixth league and I am very sure, that there will be quite a few people in Salzburg (and the rest of Austria), who will keep the finger crossed for AEK!

So, beat those red&white bastards! Good luck!

:box: :gr:

But they got weakness:

The forwards are not that great (of course, Zickler is an exception, but the rest is rather bad) and the defense is not that great either, although some guys may know Alex and Miyamoto from the last World Cup.

They have to be put under pressure. The midfield will be the key to success; Red Bull has no real play maker, but they are good in the defensive part (you all know Kovac, and Carboni is not bad either) and on the wings (Jezek and Janocko may cause harm).

Once again, good luck!

Less pressuring but still the better team.

Damnit they just interrupted for some news on something from PASOK.

DAMNIT SHOW THE GAME ! <_<

And as always all the politicians need one hour to say absolutely nothing. COME ON show the game you can show this later!

Archived