pash Posted September 11 Posted September 11 (edited) I'm confused about that...does that mean those designs were very misleading? They originally looked like the pitch would be uncovered but the stands would be under a roof. There's a side view 29 minutes in that makes it look like the previous renders, but the overhead shots shown today look VERY open/exposed. Perhaps these are just an "exploded" view so you can more easily see the seating arrangements? Unless you mean to question why the pitch is open at all? If that's your problem then I can't say I'm with you on that. -edit- the very next slide definitely still shows a roof so I'm guessing the bird's-eye views are just there to show the seating to us. Looks like Signal Iduna Park vibes -edit again- okay I guess the exterior is still somewhat a surprise in waiting. I'll stop 'livestreaming' my thoughts since every time I post, they show something different haha Edited September 11 by pash
Blackhawk Posted September 11 Posted September 11 I am pretty sure all the seat will have a roof over them. I did not expect, and I am sure PAE PAOK would not go to the expense of building some kind of retractable roof that would cover the pitch. Let's not forget that they are saving the exterior design for a future surprise presentation coming in about a month or so.
Tahma Posted September 11 Posted September 11 38-40k capacity would’ve been nicer to have it a bit more future proof but we’ll take it.
Blackhawk Posted September 11 Posted September 11 I think 35K is a good number. It's very rare these days to have over 25K in attendance.
Blackhawk Posted Monday at 06:34 PM Posted Monday at 06:34 PM Toumba Stadium will host two official national team games against Holland and Germany this week. These will the 6th and 7th games that the Greek national team will play at Toumba. Here is a list of the first five games: 04-Jun-1975: Greece – Malta 4:0 (attendance 18,000) - World Cup Qualifying 20-Sep-1995: Greece – Yugoslavia 0:2 (30,000) – Friendly game honoring Georgios Koudas 22-Aug-2007: Greece – Spain 2:3 (17,000) – Friendly game honoring Theodoros Zagorakis 27-Mar-2021: Greece – Honduras 2:1 (nf – covid) – Friendly game 31-Mar-2021: Greece – Georgia 1:1 (nf – covid) – World Cup Qualifying
pash Posted Monday at 11:55 PM Posted Monday at 11:55 PM (edited) I think they're also both sold out, which is great. Hopefully we make it our traditional cauldron. Didn't it host the Euro 2004 people vs PAOK, too? I seem to remember you angrily saying the 2004 team could probably still beat our club at the time. -edit- only being somewhat tongue in cheek when I call their reunion game an official NT game! Edited Monday at 11:55 PM by pash
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now