Phantis Forums

Alter Channel:

Is the deal between Alpha and DIRECTV exclusive only to DIRECTV?I spoke to my dad who is in Greece earlier this evening.He heard the Alpha executives traveled here to America this summer to meet with the DISH executives about Alpha being carried on DISH.It was reported on the morning show on Alpha in Greece by Giorgios Aftias(I think that is how you spell his name).They want ALPHA to be available on both systems

Is the deal between Alpha and DIRECTV exclusive only to DIRECTV?I spoke to my dad who is in Greece earlier this evening.He heard the Alpha executives traveled here to America this summer to meet with the DISH executives about Alpha being carried on DISH.It was reported on the morning show on Alpha in Greece by Giorgios Aftias(I think that is how you spell his name).They want ALPHA to be available on both systems

Somehow, I don't believe they could pull that off. Alpha has been brought to the US by Directv themselves, not some intermediary like Globestar. There are other channels that could be on both platforms if they choose to (Mega, Alter, Ert) but ANT1 has an exclusive deal with Dish until 2016 and I believe Alpha has an exclusive deal with Directv (don't know for how long). It would be nice if all channels were available on both platforms, but I don't see that happening even with other International channels addressing a larger audience than the Greek-speaking one.

• 2 weeks later...

So no more info on this Ilyda?? Are they the new Unitel, I wonder if they will sign deals with other Greek channels?? So what happens to Globestar now, they are left only with MEGA. I hope they sign with someone else too, that may be the only way we will ever see MEGA in Canada cause these globestar idiots don't see to be getting anywhere. :tdown:

Hopefully this means that Alter Globe will finally be available in Canada.

I hope these Ilyda people launch a website for this channel, because Alter has nothing on its website at all, like Alter Globe doesn't even exist?! I guess they aren't really into the Internet in Greece, no one seems to care much about that stuff over there. UPDATE YOUR WEBSITE p*****THES :angry:

So is Alter still moving to Direct?  Do we have more info on this new company and if it is true?  Alter still shows up on GlobeStars website, but it might not be updated.

Any news? Sept. 1 is just 5 days away.....

Grk101,

If you noticed from my multiple posts, that is the question I want answered too but no one it seems has any info on this company, who they are or what they are about? I heard that Unitel was up for sale, so perhaps this company bought Unitel or is stepping in to fill the void. If they get the rights for MEGA Cosmos, then we will know that the rumor about Unitel may be true.

As for Globestar, there website has not been updated in years. They recently added a couple of lines about MEGA moving to DirecTV at the bottom of the main page but that is it. This is actually a pet peeve of mine- companies who have websites but never update them. What the hell is the point of launching a site if you are never going to update it and keep the info on it current?! :blink: This makes the company look incompetent and unprofessional, at least IMO.

I believe DKSat mentioned Sept. 1 as the date Alter Globe moves to DirecTV, I guess people will find out then if it is moving or not. I think this company should try and sign deals with both providers, not sure if Dish or DirecTV will like that, they may want exclusivity.

So is Alter still moving to Direct? Do we have more info on this new company and if it is true? Alter still shows up on GlobeStars website, but it might not be updated.

Any news? Sept. 1 is just 5 days away.....

Actually, ALTER completed its 2-year contract on August 25. It is now free to go elsewhere if it wishes. I believe that if it were to move within the next week, we would have heard something. Maybe it will move later, or it could be that with Globestar no longer handling it, ALTER has no reason to participate in Globestar's blood feud with Dish Network.

September 1 was the date that Alter was going to move to Directv when Globastar had the rights.

Now that Ilyda has the rights for Alter i have no info when it will go on Directv.

ILYDA is a investment company in Greece they invest on anything that they can make money on.

DKSat

September 1 was the date that Alter was going to move to Directv when Globastar had the rights.

Now that Ilyda has the rights for Alter i have no info when it will go on Directv.

ILYDA is a investment company in Greece they invest on anything that they can make money on.

DKSat

You say "when it will go on Directv". So the plan is still there? And how do the rights just get handed over. Even if that happened and the contract expired with Dish on the 25th, then what is happening now. Why is it still broadcasting on Dish with out a contract?

Archived