Phantis Forums

CHANGES NEED TO BE MADE FOR 2007/08

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It sounds like to me that Tuncay might be wanting to go to Olympiakos after all? :whistle:

Tuncay ready for new chapter

Thursday, 31 May 2007

Fenerbahce SK forward Tuncay Sanli will be pondering a move "to play abroad" after Turkey's UEFA EURO 2008™ qualifier in Bosnia-Herzegovina on Saturday.

First choice

Having now won three league titles in five seasons since joining the Istanbul side from Sakaryaspor in 2002, the combative 25-year-old striker is running out of things to prove in the Super Lig. A first choice in Fatih Terim's national team, who sit top of Group C after five qualifying matches, he is trying to keep his composure ahead of their next test in Sarajevo, but is looking forward to thinking over his options in the summer.

Going abroad

"A transfer is not my priority now so soon after I have lifted the championship trophy, and we have a tough game with the national squad," he told uefa.com. "After the Bosnia-Herzegovina game I will be more relaxed and able to decide properly about my future. However, I have to admit that, yes, I want to play abroad. This is what I want."

Famous treble

With 13 goals to his name after 41 appearances for Turkey, Tuncay is now an established international. He first made ripples in European football back in December 2004, scoring three goals in a 3-0 UEFA Champions League win against Manchester United FC. He remembered: "After the game, I asked myself: 'Did I really just score a hat-trick against United?' Some people said they fielded a reserve team but as far as I am concerned they were all wearing United shirts."

Key attributes

Tuncay's game has come on again this season as he gradually perfects his style. "I had some weaknesses in the past but I have tried to develop after listening to what people say about me," he explained. "However, my greatest attribute is my heart and my willingness to fight. If I play with my heart and battle on the pitch, then it means I am doing my job for my team."

European goal

The pacy striker's passion and determination have already moved mountains for Fenerbahce and Turkey but he wants a bigger challenge. "If you play abroad you can develop your game, learn a new language and experience different cultures," he said. "It is difficult to explain because I am not playing in Europe yet. I will face with these challenges when I get there - if I get there."

I have a couple of points that i want to make regarding Osfp moves as far:

1)Osfp needs at least 10 new players and at least 5 of them ready to play in the starting 11 and so far we have only Antzas return...

2)Rivaldo departure from our club has not only made us weaker but it helped Aek become stronger and look more prepared than ever to chalenge us for the domestic crown.

3)I heve never heard before of the tactick that we follow this year,making 20 different offers to big names with the idea that even if 18 of them say no 1 or 2 might actually say yes and play for us.

4)There are 2-3 players from the Greek market that we need to aquire right away and our management has not make any arrangements yet.

5)Okkas being released is a stupid move especially when you have not found the replacement yet.He is a player that has helped and likes our club and instead of keeping him sir Lemonis decided otherwise.

6)Since Kokkalis and Lemonis had a vision for so much drastic change in our roster the should have made there moves already instead of now running to find players.

7)If this summer Kokkalis does not bring some good names he will have serious problems on his hands that he wont be able to cover like he did in the fiesta with cranking up the music....

out of all the names that appeared in the newspapers and rumours so far there are just two foreign players i'd like to see our jersey.

matuzalem of shahtar donezk, i remember him causing us a lot of troubles in our matches.

petric of fc basel, by far the best player in switzerland over the past few years. and i can't understand why we aren't making a move for him.

if kokkalis wants to impress the fans, he should just once forget about the money and bring in the players that are on the list. why not pay for a player instead of just waiting for his contract to expire. those transfers were the best we made in the past:

cesar, the only summer transfer who is starting regularly

karembeu, to write the name is enough

giovanni, enough said about him

zahovic, if he wouldn't have been such an di** he would have helped us a lot

zetterberg, one of my favorite players at osfp

now you can say, that we also got nikopolidis, ribo, kafes, konstantinou, okkas and stoltidis without paying their former teams, but if we want to get good players, we have to pay for them. with ribo, georgatos, bulut, babangida, okkas and most probably maric, butina and anatolakis gone, there is a lot of money around to pay a bunch of young greek players and a few good foreign players.

since the season 2000/01 we've spent about 24 millions fo new players and got about 14 millions from transfers. for all the players in all these years we've spent a bit more than one million a year for new players. and that isn't much imo...

Matuzalem would be a great signing for the midfield, although we would need to splash some serious cash to get him from Shakhtar.

Tuncay would be a good signing as well, at least theoretically. There's the problem he is a turk and that could work against him.

Alex from Fenerbahçe would be a star signing! I believe he is near the end of his contract, if I'm not mistaken.

Karagounis, who will be leaving Benfica, would also be a good signing despite his age.

Trying to bring back Giannakopoulos could prove useful as he would add depth and quality to the squad.

Alves from Hereenven would be the signing, but I think that he'll most likely end up in England, Italy or Spain.

As for Makelele or Figo, I'm not so sure. They're undoubtly big names but are also in the end of their careers. The money we would have to spend on their salaries and game bonuses could prove badly spent despite their unquestionable quality.

1)Osfp needs at least 10 new players and at least 5 of them ready to play in the starting 11 and so far we have only Antzas return...

2)Rivaldo departure from our club has not only made us weaker but it helped Aek become stronger and look more prepared than ever to chalenge us for the domestic crown.

3)I heve never heard before of the tactick that we follow this year,making 20 different offers to big names with the idea that even if 18 of them say no 1 or 2 might actually say yes and play for us.

4)There are 2-3 players from the Greek market that we need to aquire right away and our management has not make any arrangements yet.

5)Okkas being released is a stupid move especially when you have not found the replacement yet.He is a player that has helped and likes our club and instead of keeping him sir Lemonis decided otherwise.

6)Since Kokkalis and Lemonis had a vision for so much drastic change in our roster the should have made there moves already instead of now running to find players.

7)If this summer Kokkalis does not bring some good names he will have serious problems on his hands that he wont be able to cover like he did in the fiesta with cranking up the music....

Hey buddy you would be a great manager!! They might even get relagated if you took over!! Don't you think 10 players is not enough how bout 50 that should be good!!!!! They'll brink in Romario, Babeto and batistuta to fill the the void that was left from Rivaldo's absence and they maybe brin Maradona to cater to the midfield...

My friend you know what this team needs is One striker that can play along side Mihalaki.... A defensive tank in the midfield like a Makalele another player in the middle that could be a playmaker, and two stay at home defenders in the Middle that actually play defennce....Thats 5 players you can up root a team and bring in 15 players if that was the case teams would be changing there players every year like i do underwear every DAY!!!!!!!!

7)If this summer Kokkalis does not bring some good names he will have serious problems on his hands that he wont be

Whatever the reasons, Kokkalis and Lemonis realized that there was the need for radical change.

The way Kokkalis handled the situation with Ribo was wrong. The same thing happened in the past with Karembeu and Gio; I suppose Kokkalis needs to prove he owns Olympiakos to himself everytime and prefers dismissing people rather than dealing with these things in a professional manner.

Unfortunately we are going to pay for it, as it would have been a lot better if Ribo was given a managerial post with the team and stayed with us. Now, he'll concentrate all his energy on getting back at Kokkalis and Olympiakos might pay in the process.

We are halfway there in of building a new team. The new players will need to be a level or two higher than last year's signings and preferably in their early twenties.

If you ask me I would get rid of Tzole and Antonis as well, we might lose the championship for a year or two, but we'll have a chance to build a team that will make it in Europe.

I guess we all wanted this, and its going to take longer than we thought it would.

but a radical shake up like this, means we should of had targets already picked and signed, now it seems we are scouring all of europe to find 2nd and 3rd hand targets,, i just hope Lemonis and Kokkalis realise that they just might be getting themselves back into the same bad habits that we are used to for 12 years. actually the same bat habits Greek teams get themselves into..

Lemonis had time running out.. with july around the corner and 5 weeks to go before preseason starts,,

OHHH BOYYYYY :whistle:

My biggest problem so far is that while AEK is adding one planed transfer after another we just go left and right making discusions or offers to anybody with out having any real plan.(Example:We went from Touncay,to Ze Roberto,to Makelele,to Figo,to Tomason with no results what so ever.)Was that our managements plan????I can not blame Lemonis because he is not the one with the money but he could actually demand some players especially the greek ones,Spyropoulos and Christodoulou.Come on people if you want radical changes in your team you should have some of the replacements ready to sign for gods sake,not wait for June and get whatever is left....

• 2 weeks later...

I'ts sad to see Anatolakis being released today (and not because I am a PAO fan).

I think he still has a couple of good years ahead and he would be an excellent backup for OSFP, and a great starter for a smaller team. I wander who will start at CB for Oly and if the backup CB will be better than Anatolakis.

Guys looking at the olympiakos squad and hearing the transfer rumours these are the changes to the team that must be made.............READ CAREFULLY KOKKALI if you are around

GK

New keeper.....Why the f*** is nikopolidis getting a new contract he sucks now

Butina

Panagopoulos

DEF

Torossidis

Zewlakow

Cezar

Antzas

Anatolakis.......should of stayed for 1 more year as back up

Domi

Sikov

Pantos

MID

Rommedal

Castillo

Stoltidis

Dudu

Djordjevic

Patsatzoglou

Maric

Fakinos

Mendrinos

FOR

Konstantinou

Recoba

Lazaros Christodopoulos (however you spell it)

Okkas

Pappas

Players Out-

Nikopolidis

Rivaldo

Babangida

Bulut

Borja

Ne

Georgatos

Taralidis

Line up-

----------------------------------New keeper------------------------------

--------------------------Antzas------------Cezar-------------------------

Torossidis-----------------------------------------------------Zewlakow

-----------------Stolidis/ Patsatzoglou--------Dudu-----------------------

Rommedal----------------------------------------------------------Castillo

------------------------------------Recoba----------------------------------

-------------------------------- Konstantinou-------------------------------

Bench-

Butina

Anatolakis

Domi

Djordjevic

Patsatzoglou/ Stoltidis

Lazaros

:nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :tup:

depth, cover, flexibility, quality, a good average age, etc

Man only if i was in kokkalis shoes :D this team would be a respectable european team no doubt and i dont think its out of olympiakos' budget either

GK

New keeper.....i believe that antoni can still help us...

Butina might be gone soon...

Panagopoulos

Giannou

DEF

Torossidis

Zewlakow

Cezar

Antzas

Anatolakis.......should of stayed for 1 more year as back up agree with that...

Domi

Sikov

Pantos

MID

Rommedal i think he would be a great signing

Castillo

Stoltidis

Dudu forget about him...

Djordjevic

Patsatzoglou if hes fit, he'll help us a lot...

Maric will go away on loan soon...

Fakinos

Mendrinos will still be considered a talent when hes 30

FOR

Konstantinou

Recoba no chance in getting him

Lazaros Christodoulopoulos too expensive to get him

Okkas already released

Pappas

Mitroglou... don't know much about him, but playing 23 matches in the german 3rd division and not scoring doesn't look very promising...

Players Out-

Nikopolidis

Rivaldo

Babangida

Bulut

Borja will stay...

Ne will stay...

Georgatos

Taralidis will be given away either on loan or in a transfer

First of all lemonis can't take you guys to europe.

How can you expect to get big time players in your team after the treatment of rivaldo

Anatolakis 11 years at your club, a major player in your team, a person who loved olympiakos. Was dumped by your club without any warning.

Something is wrong in your club and the name is kokkalis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First of all lemonis can't take you guys to europe.

How can you expect to get big time players in your team after the treatment of rivaldo

Anatolakis 11 years at your club, a major player in your team, a person who loved olympiakos. Was dumped by your club without any warning.

Something is wrong in your club and the name is kokkalis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sas euxaristoume kai kali epitixia gia ton mellon omos makria apo ton thrylo.

So yeah thanks for the memories, but Anatolakis and Georgatos overstayed and were on the down hill slide for the last few years. It's a pity that Nikopolidis couldn't have followed them.

They aren't bigger than the club. This is what people don't realise when Otto humilates the Greek people when he selects Anatolakis or Nikpolidis or Kapsis for the national side.

I don't understand why people want Anatolakis to stay for one more season. The guy is an average hack at best and if he was so good he wouldn't have let Totti make a fool of him in Rome.

That being said, there is another side and that is when a player is actually performing and contributing to the betterment of the club (case in point is Rivaldo) and he gets treated so ruthlessly. then there is something rotten about how the powers in control are running the organisation.

So let me get this straight, Both Okkas and Antolakis have been realesed?

if thats True which clubs have been rumoured to snap them up??

os Okkas going to England?

Asteras Tripolis and Real Madrid are rumoured for Anatolakis and Iraklis and Barcelona for Okkas.

So let me get this straight, Both Okkas and Antolakis have been realesed?

if thats True which clubs have been rumoured to snap them up??

os Okkas going to England?

Asteras Tripolis and Real Madrid are rumoured for Anatolakis and Iraklis and Barcelona for Okkas.
Man wouldn't I have egg on my face if Anatalokis (a player I have consistently labelled sub-par and a player that i know I am personally better than) ends up going to Tripoli?!?!

Let's hope Real offer him 250,000 squid a week so he doesn't end up in Arcadia! :tup: :LOL:

As for Okkas at Barcelona, if that falls through my state league 4 team in the Canberra competition needs another forward. He will be playing backup to me though.

Archived