Phantis Forums

CHANGES NEED TO BE MADE FOR 2007/08

I just want to add that Tunjai is a wonderful player

i have seen him play many times and he as always my "favorit non Brazilian player" in Fener

Ho is young creative, always eager to win, quick, he would be a wonderfull reforce

But if you want a real Ribbo sub - take another from Fener : Alex de Souza which did not renew yet ffor Fener. A wonderful scoring mand assisting attacking midffielder' and a great FK scorer as well. He did not come to the world Cup in 2002 because Scolari prefered Rivaldo, and maybe he will be only too happy to replace him now

I dont care how wonderful Tuncay is. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I do not want a Turkish international at Olympiakos. A club is supposed to represent its people (fans) and therefore Tuncay should not be a part of the club. Do you think he will care about Olympiakos? Do you think he'll care about the fans? And before anyone here says I'm racist etc, I am not, it has nothing to do with "race". BUT sport and politics are and have always been linked. Without going into politics here, it must be pointed out that we are not talking about Greek-Turkish conflict from years ago but issues/persecution which is occuring TODAY. For this reason I support a boycott of all Turkish products and businesses, including purchasing their athletes, until their policies towards Greece, Cyprus and the minorities within Turkey change in practise as well as in theory.

However, even away from politics, anyone that thinks he is worth 11 million euro seriously needs to re-analyse their opinions. For that amount of money Oly could bring players like Palacio (Boca), Daniel Cavarlho (CSKA), Manuel Fernandez (Benfica), Mikel Arteta (Everton), Recoba (Inter), Cassano (Real Madrid), Eidur Gudjohnson (Barca), EVEN Riquelme, whose career at Villareal is over, could be an ambitious possibility. And ALL of these players are superior to Tuncay.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@DUDE: olympiakos already had (or still has) bulut on the team. never heard much against it from fans, etc... so if you decide to field turkish players (o.k. bulut isnt an international) which olympiakos does, then you might as well get a good one.

i agree though the money offered is ridiculous but remember its salary not transfer fee. tuncay is a free agent now. just because fenerbahce is overpaying doesnt mean kokkalis has to as well...

Hi Guys,

Iam really concerened that we havent made any decisions yet about signing players. im also concerened that we have made Antzas our 1st signing.

The focus had been on renewing the team with fresh young blood. so in why are we signing Antzas..??

If I was Kokkalis i would firstly sign up a Technical director for the club,, some one with experience and a director that could draw players to the club.

Ok lemonis is good enough for Greece im sure of that, but for europe he will need to have some one to talk to some one to help him during those big games.

I would like Ranieri to be our technical director. or some one with that calibre.

Then we need to sign 2 quality centre backs (foreign) my choice would be -

someone that has played in either spain, italy or france. and another young stopper from greece that will be able to learn from these two defenders i say Papadopoulos from aris.

We will need a Left Back - and this position will need to be taken up from some one with up and coming potential to make it theirs for years to come.. I really hope its Spyropoulos form Panionios.

In the guts, the engine room, we need two dogs, guys that will be winning all of our 50/50s. some one at the mold of Makelele.

We will also need a Left Mid and Right Mid, with plenty of pace and that has the ability to also play in the middle when needed. I really like Dallessandro that played for Portsmouth 2 years ago,, what a good player he was.

and lastly we need not 1 but 2 strikers, dont have to be really young,, but young enough to be at the club for a while..

that makes a total of 10 players...

oh boy its going to be one of those summers again,, we are all going to get frustrated,, and Aek will be the front runner with their signings..

:whistle:

@DUDE: olympiakos already had (or still has) bulut on the team. never heard much against it from fans, etc... so if you decide to field turkish players (o.k. bulut isnt an international) which olympiakos does, then you might as well get a good one.

i agree though the money offered is ridiculous but remember its salary not transfer fee. tuncay is a free agent now. just because fenerbahce is overpaying doesnt mean kokkalis has to as well...

I don't agree with Bulut's transfer at Oly either, however, i can tolerate it because he is a German-Turk if I'm not mistaken. He has German citizenship, not Turkish. Like I said, it's not a racist thing, its not a question of bloodlines or ethnicity but rather what Turkey as a state stands for. In order to best represent the fans then there shouldn't be a Turk on the team. It is also a political statement for ALL Greeks to boycott Turkish products until their policies change.

However, even in terms of his ability, as i said, i have no doubt he is a very talented player but for 3m euro a year we could find many superior players!

Hi Guys,

Iam really concerened that we havent made any decisions yet about signing players. im also concerened that we have made Antzas our 1st signing.

The focus had been on renewing the team with fresh young blood. so in why are we signing Antzas..??

If I was Kokkalis i would firstly sign up a Technical director for the club,, some one with experience and a director that could draw players to the club.

Ok lemonis is good enough for Greece im sure of that, but for europe he will need to have some one to talk to some one to help him during those big games.

I would like Ranieri to be our technical director. or some one with that calibre.

Then we need to sign 2 quality centre backs (foreign) my choice would be -

someone that has played in either spain, italy or france. and another young stopper from greece that will be able to learn from these two defenders i say Papadopoulos from aris.

We will need a Left Back - and this position will need to be taken up from some one with up and coming potential to make it theirs for years to come.. I really hope its Spyropoulos form Panionios.

In the guts, the engine room, we need two dogs, guys that will be winning all of our 50/50s. some one at the mold of Makelele.

We will also need a Left Mid and Right Mid, with plenty of pace and that has the ability to also play in the middle when needed. I really like Dallessandro that played for Portsmouth 2 years ago,, what a good player he was.

and lastly we need not 1 but 2 strikers, dont have to be really young,, but young enough to be at the club for a while..

that makes a total of 10 players...

oh boy its going to be one of those summers again,, we are all going to get frustrated,, and Aek will be the front runner with their signings..

:whistle:

I dont think that radical a shake up is needed. I think we need 6-7 players overall. Definately a dekari (which is where the big money should be spent). If Juninho really is a possibility Kokkali should do EVERYTHING to get him. Instead of giving 3m a year to Tuncay go give that to Juninho! He may be tempted.

As for centre backs there are many, I'd love to get 1 of Maicon, Casapa, Distin, etc, however, Antzas won't be such a bad option IF we get someone else in too of the calibre I've just mentioned.

I have to say I strongly disagree with you about Ranieri, he's a s%$#! manager and couldn't see him adding much in the role of director of football. Karembeau could be great in that role.

As for Lemonis we can't do a PAO and sack him already, he deserves a chance.

look i used Ranieri as an example - we need a technical director some one to over look the running of the club etc, lemonis's job is to coach not to chase for players, the techincal director can do all of that. Christian Karambeu sounds good but isnt experienced enough.

look from our local market Aloneutis from larisa, christodolopoulos from paok,

spyropoulos from panionios. have to be bought. they can really be great signings for our club.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH SIKOV???

Sad to say fellas but I think our golden decade has ended we are looking at some rough times ahead.... Kokkalis and co. have been slacking off the last 3 years this team has been declining ever since to the worst football ive seen them play these idiots we have running this team should have start building at LEAST 3 years ago!!!I dont expect anything wortwhile this summer but average signings...no star players are coming to this lowly league our only hope to attract any somewhat star player is GONE (Rivaldo).....this year we'll BOMB in Europe as usual and our great Lemonis will be fired like every other typical season and we'll be in the hunt again to save face in the Greek league....brace yourself fellas these next years are gonna really suck...were almost in june and we havent signed 1 decent player...isnt it funny that we so desperatly need so many players but we havent made ONE ###### move yet just bullshiting around as usual.....ananeosi...YEAH RIGHT!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I agree with all that thrylara wrote. Kokkalis should stop being a tsigouni and spend big. Also i wouldnt be suprised if lemonis isnt gone before the season starts. There are a few sites that said we are after the la carounia coach karpos. Where there is smoke there is fire.

JUNINIO might come to greece cause of his age and also i dont think tuncay will sign with us i hold out us getting JUNINIO then tuncay

O kokkalhs tha mas ferei ena megalo @ ston thrylo mas :LOL: :LOL:

KYRIE Kokkalh stamata na eisai TSIGOUNIS olh thn zwh sou :nono:

Now The Squad Looks like This: Updated

Goal-keeper

71. Antonios NIKOPOLIDIS

74. Tomislav BUTINA

Defender

2. Christos PATSATZOGLOU

3. Didier DOMI

14. Michal ZEWLAKOW

30. Anastasios PANTOS

35. Vassilis TOROSSIDIS

55. Julio CEZAR

Midfielder

6. Ieroklis STOLTIDIS

7. Nery Alberto CASTILLO

11. Predrag DJORDJEVIC

16. Marco NE

Forward

18. Felix BORJA

23. Michalis KONSTANTINOU

We have released / or will soon be released - 11 Players

32. Georgios ANATOLAKIS , 21. Grigoris GEORGATOS , 22. Erol BULUT , 8. Milos MARIC , 17. Yiannis TARALIDIS

28. Konstantinos MENDRINOS , 36. Yiannoulis FAKINOS ,

40. Haruna BABANGIDA , 77. Charilaos PAPPAS , 9. Yiannis OKKAS

10. Vitor Borba Ferreira RIVALDO.

So our Team with current squad status will look like this minus the new additions soon to arrive, whenever they arrive,, I hope they arrive, PLEASE ARRIVE

------------------------------------ Nikopolidis----------------------------------------

---ZEWLAKOW ---------PATSA---------------CESAR------------------DOMI-------

---TORROSIDIS---------NE--------------------STOLTIDIS----------DJORDJEVIC

--------------------------KONSTANDINOU-----CASTILLO-----------------------------

you know guys iam totally worried about next season, we still havent sidned any quality players,, iam thinking this could be the most crucial preseason yet.

We're still in May, its natural that we havent signed anyone yet. Don't panic.

i guess iam more concerned that gone are the days when pao, oly could sign a good greek player for cheap.. now we have ridiculous prices for these players

spyropoulos 3,000,000 euro

papadopoulos (aris) 4,500,000 euro

christodolopoulos paok - 5,000,000 euro

are we serious ?????

Archived