Phantis Forums

CHANGES NEED TO BE MADE FOR 2007/08

"A goalkeeper, 2 centre-backs, a holding midfielder, an attacking midfielder/magician to replace Ribo, and a striker"

That's a whole new team!

cokkalis will fill in the gaps once again with average players, get knocked out in the group stage of CL then blame Lemonis! by this time he would have put 10 million Euro in his pocket! but all you OSFP fans will be happy because he will win the Greek league!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"A goalkeeper, 2 centre-backs, a holding midfielder, an attacking midfielder/magician to replace Ribo, and a striker"

That's a whole new team!

Yes its a whole new team but bear in mind that Nikopolidis, Anatolakis, Pantos, Bulut, Ribo and Georgatos are finished/gone. While Djole & Stoltidi are aging.

So Oly are losing a whole team so they have to replace them with a whole team! Its not like other years when Kokkali can bring in 5 players with one being very good and the rest being average. He has to spend big otherwise its over!!

cokkalis will fill in the gaps once again with average players, get knocked out in the group stage of CL then blame Lemonis! by this time he would have put 10 million Euro in his pocket! but all you OSFP fans will be happy because he will win the Greek league!

I agree 100% because etsi m#$%!s einai o Kokkalis kai oloi oi opadoi tou Olympiakou!

To be honest i think we are a bigger club then Man City. Also who knows who were gonna pick up and also i think Kokkalis got upset the way the fans reacted to him so i guess he will bring a big name player. I wouldnt be suprised if that player is Veron.

the only difference is that man city play in the premier league which is much more appealling then the greek "super" league

First of All Konstantinou is Olympiakos # 1 hitman the Turk will be his partner up front if they sign him!!! Konstantinou before he got injured was on fire in the Champions League scoring two goals in his first two games...He then scored in his third game against Roma but it was called off due to Anatolakis m*****es, and he killed the cross bar on a header...For his National team he dismantled the Republic of Ireland by himself scoring two goals and setting up another and hitting the bar as well ..The German Federation profiled this player for one hour on German tv saying this guy could play in any team in the Budesliga and they had to be a where of him!! He had offers from plenty of teams but decided he wanted to play in Greece in the Champions League and waiting for the birth of his son...... So i disagree with both you whoever Olympiakos sign will be partnering Mr Mihalaki up front he will be fully fit for next year!!! AS for Okkas he has big time talent and pace but cant finish.. He should hae left for Blackburn who knows where he will end up...He did terrorize both Germany and France.....

As for the team they new two solid defenders!!! One attacking midfielder and one defensive midfielder and a solid striker up front!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He had offers from plenty of teams but decided he wanted to play in Greece in the Champions League and waiting for the birth of his son......

i agree with what you write about okkas. but what you say about konstantinou is just plain wrong. he had no decent offer and therefore reluctantly broke all his promises and lost his honor to sign for olympiakos. he had NO other option and earns less at olympiakos than he did at pao. everything else is just plain wrong. i dont know where you guys get your infos from...

which record are you refering to?

its a fact that both konstantinou and nikopolidis signed for olympiakos and earn less than they did at pao. if your sole source of info is protathlitis then you might not know it and believe pao isn t spending ktl.

another fact is no offer from any international team for mixalaki! so what we believe or think about our paiktarades is not shared by the club officials around europe. whether this is correct is another question. but konstantinou coming of a great season in greece was unable to find a team in europe wanting him. he wanted to leave, olympiakos was his last chance. harsh reality. so it beats me, why on gods earth an ineffective non-scorer like okkas should get a good deal at age 30 in a top league.

but we will see...

bides the fact that you are actually quoting players managers and protathlitis and fos to solidify your dream of konstantinou of having any substantial ofers from abroad, shows me how little you know.

NO ONE ever said konstantinou or okkas are garbage players. BUT konstantinou desperately wanted to go international after pao and didnt find a team. everything you post are fairy tales. him nearly signing for a german team. believe that if you want...

i love the "nearly" or "with one foot" comments you bring up. for example, saviola was with one foot at pao when he realised he never ever wants to go to greece.

thanks for these great "facts"

"

i doubt the statement actually comes from anastasiadis as it doesnt have a refference to the panagia in it.

no use discussing with you, you have tv magic knowledge of greek football. live your dream. olympiakos signed konstantinou who already had one foot in real madrid by offering him a superb contract that pays him less than pao did. last minute great move by kokkalis otherwise we would have lost him to real or man utd who were all interested an had a contract ready for wanting to be signed! konstantinou always preferred olympiakos to any other european top club of whom he had many offers paying him much more but he wanted to stay in greece. he always stated he had thrylos in his heart. even at pao he always spoke with respect of olympiakos and nikopolidis decision to play for thrylos. of course he can score four times in every game which anastasiadis humbly ommits. the derby with ionikos was too tempting for him, to just leave greece and play for top teams. or was it one of his kids he never acknowledges as his own and just ran away from? ante geia!

Sorry but this is a ridiculous argument. Just because he chose to stay in Greece even though his first option may have been to move abroad doesnt mean he isn't good enough to play abroad. When deciding upon which side to move to you balance all the pros & cons and then make a decision. When Rivaldo decided to sign for Oly he had an offer from Liverpool and Bolton... and even if you attempt to brush those offers off as rumours, can you honestly say he wasn't good enough to play abroad? Does it mean that he was somehow an inferior player to those abroad because he chose playing against Ionikos?? How about Giovanni, Zahovic, and Zetterberg... were they good enough?

Today the Anorthosi manager Temuri Ketsbaia gave an interview to Cypriot TV. He explained that he has indeed had other offers to manage bigger clubs for alot more money, however he highlighted that where else could he get the recognition and love that he gets at Anorthosi. The point is each player/manager prioritises.

Can you honestly say that Konstantinou couldnt get a contract abroad?? I think we'd all agree that his primary strengths are aerial. An example of a side that plays a direct and aerial game is Bolton and they are a very good side. Can you say that Konstantinou isnt better than Kevin Davies who is a similar player? If so, he could play for Bolton. How about Man City with their striker crisis? Their primary aerial striker is Bernardo Corradi, isn't Konstantinou better than him? How about the relegation battling sides in all the top leagues? Or up front for some of Holland's strong sides like Feyenord? He could play abroad and could get a contract there, as could Okkas. The point is you weigh up all the pros and cons. Money, prestige, ones role in the team, love, the nation you'll live in/quality of life, family, NT career, etc. are all issues that are considered. PAO betrayed him and I'd never heard him "promise" that he won't sign for Oly like you say. Oly was the best move for him at that time. Also remember all the hype at the begin of the season? Supposedly Oly were ready for a quest in Europe, this too would have been a very exciting time for him.

So to suggest that because he moved to Oly from PAO means that his abilities are somehow inferior to strikers abroad is short sighted. He has an NT record of 1 goal every 2 games, so Bidis is right in saying that his record speaks for itself. Now I'm not saying Okkas and Konstantinou are world class, but they are very good forwards that would cause a headache to any team! What is most baffling to me though is that you rate Samaras and ridicule Konstantinou :blink:

Ego eimai tis apopsis oti (mazi me ton Panathinaiko kai)eseis prepei na kanetai praxikopima.... :D :D

Gia ena kalytero Olympiako

Ego eimai tis apopsis oti (mazi me ton Panathinaiko kai)eseis prepei na kanetai praxikopima.... :D :D

Gia ena kalytero Olympiako

Vevai na vrethei enas me ta idia kai piotera lefta etsi?

Re you still dont understand what im trying to say!!!

ok pretend this is grade 1 now will do this slowely!!!! Konstantinou could have played in the premership with teams like Manchester City, Bolton and even the Bundesliga with Hertha Berlin.....But he wanted to play in the Champions League where he would get the same salery at 1 million Euros and be close to his kid and his country!!!! If Real Madrid or Manchester United wanted him im sure he would have went!!!!

I hope you understand this time my Pontion Aekgi!!!!

Sorry but this is a ridiculous argument. Just because he chose to stay in Greece even though his first option may have been to move abroad doesnt mean he isn't good enough to play abroad. When deciding upon which side to move to you balance all the pros & cons and then make a decision. When Rivaldo decided to sign for Oly he had an offer from Liverpool and Bolton... and even if you attempt to brush those offers off as rumours, can you honestly say he wasn't good enough to play abroad?

ethnikistis, i really have a high opinion of your football knowledge but you seem to miss my point here. I NEVER SAID KONSTANTINOU OR OKKAS ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO PLAY ABROAD. NEVER. this is not the point though. i may believe venglinsky is good enough to play at top level but he is back at a shady side in the ukraine instead of at bayern munich. i may believe kiriakos to be better than metzelder, but metzelder signed for real and kiriakos is in frankfurt fighting relegation. its not about what we believe, etc. i am trying to be objective.

i understand what you are saying. for me nikolaidis could have played in any top league in his prime. he decided to stay in greece because he loved aek and only left after some severe problems with the team management for a season in madrid. okay who can blame him. i dont.

rivaldo was looking for a team and couldnt find one. partly because he wanted too much money, partly because he was too proud. i believe the premier league offers weren t taken because liverpool and bolton wanted him to try-out before signing a contract (!!!) he was too proud for that. so he had some offers but how serious is that if you ask a world cup winner mvp to try out before signing?? lets not discuss it, he ended up at olympiakos. not because olympiakos was his first choice but because he had no better offer and his buddy giovani was in peireas so that somehow eased him. simple and plain. everything else is just unrealistic. of course he is good enough for the top leagues but the reality of his offers looked different. its two different aspects. how good a player is or is viewed by us and what offers/teams he plays for.

Can you honestly say that Konstantinou couldnt get a contract abroad??

the truth is, i would sign konstantinou if i was at say marseille, etc. but thats not the issue. he was looking for a good offer and didnt get one. this is a fact. there were loose expressions of interest but konstantinou couldn t get a team to sign him. bear in mind: free transfer and coming of a great season in greece. it was nearly no risk for any team interested. so i agree with everything you write but the reality was this.

PAO betrayed him and I'd never heard him "promise" that he won't sign for Oly like you say.

ethnikistis, why do you write nonsense like this?? he betrayed the pao family. he wanted to go abroad, dreamed of an international career. ktl. the result: no offer from abroad!

everyone in greece remembers konstantinou promising to pao fans he will never go to olympiakos! fact, file...

olympiakos was his only option at the time. so he took it.

So to suggest that because he moved to Oly from PAO means that his abilities are somehow inferior to strikers abroad is short sighted.

i never said that his abilities are inferior toother strikers.

What is most baffling to me though is that you rate Samaras and ridicule Konstantinou

First of all im just calling you by your name....There is no issue!! Second of all Konstantinou contract was up at Pao he served his 4 years there and there was no free transfer he Pao did not owe his rights he was bought by the reds...And case you forgot he signed just when the league was about to start cause he did not secure the right deal.....Anyhow to end this all i said was the turk will be staring with Mihalaki up front or who ever they sign will be Konstantinou partner!!!! Im sure the reds will win the league again maybe Aek will contend bu thats about it!!!!

File I understand what you're saying and you do make some great points. But you point to something that I was trying to explain earlier when i said Okkas doesnt get the credit for some of the great things he does on the pitch. It's not because they are against him per se but its a Greek mentality. When a "xeno" is brought to a club big things are expected even if they aren't as good as Greeks and they get the "glamour". For example you said:

i.e. gekas is sold to bochum for under a million euro. the leading goalscorer for pao of the last two years. leverkusen pay at least 2,5 million € for gekas. would any team on the planet have paid 1.5 million € to pao to get gekas??

the international clubs dont value greek football. so please, keep this in mind when talking about okkas being chase by premier league teams. thats why a paiktara like lympe only had two offers from abroad when he was on a free transfer. yes we all remember the great words alex fergueson had for lympe, etc. but at the end of the day 1 offer from france (caen i believe) and besiktas i think. thats why he signed for aek. no good offer available for him. lets not forget free transfer. could lympe have a great career say at a bundesliga team. yes. did he have an offer? no.

Borja promised too much he needs to go because he hasnt met to our expectations. Bulut is rotting on the bench. Pantos is the worst defender of all time and Anatolakis is getting too old. We are screwed unless we can get a hold of tuncay and hopefully a big signing. Just wait till summer time and we might be able to see who we can get. The newspapers are always bullshitting the transfer rumors so noone get happy just yet. Prepei na perimenoume ligw kairw

Second of all Konstantinou contract was up at Pao he served his 4 years there and there was no free transfer he Pao did not owe his rights he was bought by the reds...And case you forgot he signed just when the league was about to start cause he did not secure the right deal.....

i dont really understand what you mean here. anyway, konstantinou was not "bought" by the reds. his contract expired and he was on a free transfer.

i remember how he signend shortly before the league startd which proves my point that olympiakos was his last option.

as for tuncay he can play every offensive midfield position as well a striker next to konstantinou. i think he can be very valuable for olympiakos.

If Gekas was English or Italian do you honestly think he'd be going to Leverkusen now for a mere 2.5m euro?? Gekas has proved what he can do at a highe level (in the Beundesliga), as has Okkas (in the NT) and Konstantinou (in the NT and the CL). Yet they do not get the offers, why? The point I'm making is that you cannot judge a player because of where he plays. Reputation plays a huge role.

As for Tunjay you're using the same arguments as Bidis but criticising him for doing it. Barca showed interest in Konstantinou too, so what does that mean? He's a good player, go to the NT boards before the Greece game and you'll see I kept telling everyone that I was scared of him... BUT Okkas is just as dangerous when used correctly and he has proved that for the NT imo. Yes he's 30 and is not the same player he was 5 years ago but he still shows class. 

look, i think we agree on the important points. i never said i judge a player because of where he plays. i never said i dont rate the two cypriot stars as great players. i am just saying that we have to be realistic. greek players dont get great deals easily. especially if they come from the greek league. we don t have the reputation and i daresay the turkish league has a better reputation in that sense. for right or wrong reasons is not the issue.

with the barca rumour, i was just pointing out that you can find better "offer or interest" rumours for tuncay than you can for okkas. you were the one saying okkas has half the premiership chasing him and tuncay doesnt attract the same interest. to me thats total ignorance to the facts of euoropean football. take the offer olympiakos proposed to tuncay. thats the type of offer okkas never has and never will see in his life. if this is right or wrong is not my issue. as i said, i may think okkas is better than podolski. but who has a realistic chance to transfer to a topclub?

we can sit at a kafenio and talk all day about greek players transfering, etc. but at the end of the day, european champion dellas couldnt find a team in europe. forget about the glasgow rumours, etc. basinas after the euro manage a meek offer from birmingham, etc. we have to keep these FACTS in mind when we state okkas is more in demand than tuncay. i repeat it has NOTHING to do with ability.

thats why i talk about samaras. he may suck at city at the moment. that can change quickly BUT city decided to pay huge money for him. where most greek players can t find a premier league club on a free transfer.

as for konstantinou, i was just pointing out that olympiakos was his final straw. he NEVER wanted to play for thrylos. the red media just dont write it. and olympiakos greece tends to forget his comments on transfering to olympiakos, etc.

I just want to add that Tunjai is a wonderful player

i have seen him play many times and he as always my "favorit non Brazilian player" in Fener

Ho is young creative, always eager to win, quick, he would be a wonderfull reforce

But if you want a real Ribbo sub - take another from Fener : Alex de Souza which did not renew yet ffor Fener. A wonderful scoring mand assisting attacking midffielder' and a great FK scorer as well. He did not come to the world Cup in 2002 because Scolari prefered Rivaldo, and maybe he will be only too happy to replace him now

Archived