Phantis Forums

In the relegation zone

cyberfish

The outlook after the 29th game:

With one game to go, four teams are fighting for their life. Xanti and Atromitos ensured their safety after today.

Ionikos and Egaleo will be playing in the second division next year for sure.

Above them, Iraklis, Kerkyra, Larissa, Kalamaria, are in dire position.

Here is how it looks:

Iralkis with 32 points hold their own destiny if they win at Xanti next week and reach 35 points.

Xanthi is in no danger any more since they picked up one point at AEK today and reached 36.

Kerkyra with 34 points after today play at PAO. They need a win to ensure their stay in the first division. Pao has nothing to play for besides pride, and they don't seem to worry about that any more.

Larissa tied PAO today and reached 33 points. They play Kalamaria next week and they need a win to avoid relegation.

Kalamaria lost at Aris today so they stayed at 35 points and also need a win to avoid danger.

The key game next week is Xanthi-Iraklis.

If Iraklis loses, they join Egaleo and Ionikos in the second division next year.

If Iraklis ties, then Larissa falls (I think Iraklis owns the tiebraker against Larissa, but I am not sure) unless they tie in Kalamaria.

If Iraklis wins, they stay in the superleague unless every other team wins as well (which is impossible since Larissa and Kalamaria play each other). Most likely, if Iraklis wins either Kerkyra or Larissa will wave goodbye to the super(wow)league.

I don't think Kalamaria will gift the game to Larissa, nor do I think that PAO will lose to Kerkyra.

I think most likely Iraklis will win at Xanthi to save the season. I see Kerkyra saying goodbye to the superleague.

However, I have been watching Greek football for a long time and I have to say that the results we see in the last day of every season are consistent with Ziaka's suspicions.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived