Phantis Forums

SL-R27 (2006-07): PAOK - Skoda Xanthi

Ziaka

PAOK's next game is at home against Xanthi. It's one of the two home games remaining this season. Tough game as Xanthi always plays good against PAOK. Hopefully we can have a good turnout by the fans in order to push the team to a win.

Game will be televised on Supersport in Greece and on Antenna Satellite/Pacific in North America and Australia, however I b elieve Antenna will show it on tape delay, since they will probably show the AEK game live that takes place at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...

The PAOK - Xanthi game has been postponed until April 15, 2007 because of the fan violence of past week. There is also the posibility that the Super League will postpone Round 27 and make it to be the last round of the championship.

This new 'Superleague' is prooving to be a crock of sh*t, with much of the same problems with violence, small crowds and diast refereeing continuing uncahanged...

Anyhow, excuse the stupid question, but where do we have to end up on the table to guarantee us qualification for next years UEFA Cup (assuming we come up with the money needed of course).

If we finish 5th we get the UEFA Cup spot, but the way things stand, we will once again no be able to play in the competition due to debts.

I am confident that we will finish in 4th place (at worst 5th). This is pretty much the last chance for most teams to play in Europe, since Greece will end up with only four teams in Europe from 2007-08 season.

The final decision is that the game will take place on Sunday, April 15 at 19:00 GR.

This extra week off means that Iliadis will be back from his injury and will be able to help the team in midfield, since Balafas will probably play defense in place of Barcauan.

I am confident that we will finish in 4th place (at worst 5th). This is pretty much the last chance for most teams to play in Europe, since Greece will end up with only four teams in Europe from 2007-08 season.

So file, if our teams have a great season in Europe next year does that mean we'll still only have 4 teams in European comps the year after??

Looks like Parashos will field the following lineup in the game with Xanthi:

------------------- Fernandes -------------------

Arabatzis, Melissis, Balafas, Charalambous

Georgiadis, Zagorakis, Mumin, Konstantinidis

-------------- Torghelle, Mieciel ----------------

My god what a crap game. Woke up 2am to watch it, what a joke. Miecel was off his game he could have had a couple, but the whole team was poor. Thank god for Fernandez at the end there.

p.s. what the hell was their gk doing at then end picking a fight with Iliadis ???

PAOK was lucky to end with a win. It was evident that who was going to score first would win. Xanthi has some good chances (2 posts, 2 clearances on the line) and then the events in the 5th minute of extra time that almost gave me a heart attack.

In the end it is the win that counts.

For the record we played with:

Archived