Phantis Forums

SuperLeague TV?

It will cost all of us more, for sure...

Maybe it's just me, but perhaps Superleague should also be trying to come up with ways to make its games more attractive to fans in the STANDS (you know, the regular, unarmed ticket-buying kind of fan...), not just to couch potatoes...

And while they're at it, they could send a couple of teams for a US diaspora tour during next season's training ;)

That sounds crazy to me.

Creating a national channel requires a very complex infrastructure of stations, studios and everything else a national tv station needs. Will they hire their own reporters and cameramen? What will they broadcast when there are no games on? Maybe they are planning to buy one of the existing stations, but that would be expensive as well. Or maybe they are talking about going to a pay-per-view model but I don't see why they will make more money.

Is there another model in another country where a football league has its own channel? Even the one team in Greece that thought of it for a second (Olympiakos with their own station) reverted to selling the rights to other stations because they make more money that way.

Perhaps I am missing something, but adding to your overhead is a sure way to make less money... Mouxritsa put this on the right frame: Football managers should be busy making their product more attractive before they start managing tv stations.

My best guess is that it will never happen and that this is another rumor gem from the Greek press.

Archived