Phantis Forums

ERT Spor +

Also make sure that the Digital signal covers the area of Greece your in when I was in Greece last year there coverage area isen't all of Greece yet....

If the signal does cover your area you just need a DVB-T reciever as Ziaka has already mentioned and you will pickup all ERT Digital channels :)

thanks....that makes more sense. so if i get a receiver i can get all the ERT channels digitally,  but whatabout newer tv's? do they have digital receivers built in ?

Don't know about Greece but here in Australia nearly all new Plasma's and LCD TV's have inbuilt SD or HD TV Digital tuners built into them Greece proberly the same ..

so if i get a receiver i can get all the ERT channels digitally,

No you can only get the 3 digital channels that are available from ERT: Spor+, Prisma+ and Cine+

You don't get ET-1, NET or ET-3 in digital form, since they don't broadcast digitally.

Slightly off topic but Im just watching ERT World at the moment and noticed this new program that is on called NEWS+ which is a news bulletin all in English I think this is from there new Digital channels... :)

I actually saw that the other day after the song selection they had and was thinking to myself wtf? :P Good for ERT to progress that way.

• 1 year later...

You can only get it in Greece. It's not a pay channel, but it is transmitted digitally, so you need equipment to receive digital signals to view it.

(old topic i realise)

does anybody know what kind of equipment id need to receive the digital channels ? is there a simple digital receiver that can plug into the tv (no satelite dishes etc)?

I have no idea about this stuff, but it would be quite nice to upgrade and finally get the Ert + Channels..... If anybody could tell me what equip I would need to do it, would be greatly appreciated....

Drakos,

ERT Digital is currently available to approximately 65% of the population (mainly in Athens and some other major cities) but is expected to be available nation-wide soon. It is broadcasting Free-To-Air without any subscription cost, requiring only a generic DVB-T set-top box.

Official site in English.

Official site in Greek.

I hope this somewhat answers your question. I think you still need an antenna (or possibly a dish) to connect to the box for a signal, seeing as there's no cable in Greece (afaIk). Maybe someone else can clarify :).

I was actually looking into this the other day, but I can't seem to find what the coverage area is, and any specific set top boxes on the Greek market. (at least on online Greek electronic stores like www.kotsovolos.gr)

I also read that the Greek Government wants all channels to go digital by 2015. Most of the EU is going digital by 2012.

http://www.kotsovolos.gr/site/products.jsp...id=7562&flt=all

like these type of things? or do i need to put a new one on the roof...

i cant really find this type of box on there....

I don't think those are it. Like I said, I could not find any on any Greek online stores. I wonder where they sell them, and which ones specifically will do.

They should look something like this I think:

Posted Image

And here is a diagram I found on line on the set-up. (In Austrian I think):

Posted Image

And here are different types of ways to get digital TV:

Posted Image

(Set top box, a new TV with built-in dvb-t receiver, ubs computer Antenna receiver, and built in TV dvb-t receiver)

Gia na deite ta yhfiaka kanalia (Spor+, Prisma+, Cine+ klp)

xreiazeste mono ena aplo decoder kai mia koinh keraia.

An hdh exete thleorash, tote exete hdh keraia.

Xreiazeste mono to kouti (decoder).

Auta ta briskeis se ka8e magazi hlektrikwn/hlektronikwn

me kamia 25-35 eurw.

Den xreiazetai to kouti na dexetai doruforikh, oute xreiazeste

doruforiko disko.

Mporeite bebaia na parete kouti pou diabazei kai yhfiako

kai doruforiko shma, alla einai epilogh sas auto.

Den xreiazetai. To kouti pou diabazei yhfiako shma ftanei.

den 3erw thn kaluyh tou yhfiakou shmatos,

alla mporw na bebaiwsw oti sthn Qessalonikh kai A8hna

douleuei.

Thank you for the information. 30 euro is not much at all for a box. ;)

It would be nice if ERT provided a coverage map. Does anyone know if one exists, or what other areas besides Athens and Thessaloníki get coverage?

Does anyone know if one exists, or what other areas besides Athens and Thessaloníki get coverage?

They only provide the following info at the moment:

BROADCAST OF DIGITAL SIGNAL

The pilot broadcast of the digital signal commenced

Well if you live in Athens or Thessaloniki I wouldn't worry. If you don't, I'ld try sending them a mail, there should be contact info somewhere on the site, asking them for more info (because indeed, the info seems outdated). :)

Archived