Phantis Forums

Transfers

aekmafia21

Reading today around the Greek sports web sites it seems that Cirillo might be going to Benfica after the season is over!!!! That will be a mistake if we let him go :tdown: :tdown:

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good bye bye emerson you grand pa and moras never reall y liked him what has he done for aek not much no scoring ability he never looked comfortable in back line bye bye too you too. :tup:

let the process summer sgning begin i have faith in lorenzo and demi this summer i forsee great thing for our club next year cant wait to see who we get and get ride .

This morning the Greek newspaper "H Gata" said that Moras and Emerson are done fo AEK after this season. About Emerson it's fine he is old but Moras? I like that kid.

I wouldnt mind to see Moras go. He is slow and although he is tall he doesnt have the physical strength to overpower strong forwards. I think he's a liability to the back line and shouldnt play for AEK.

• 2 weeks later...

He is old so if he leaves it will be ok. I know he is good defender but he is not fast any more and he can't keep up with the young players. He will be miss but i think we will be ok without him. Now about him going to Besiktas i don't think so. He likes Italy so i can see him going htere.

bye bye too dellas as well the way that turk turned him in side out well oussttttttt.

i feel good about the off season for aek and some key aquisition ti the club i forsee great signing coming up and then some . my spidy senses are tingling. :D

- AEK has requested a DVD of Kerkira player Tzavelas

- The Chilean press are suggesting that Marcelo Salas close to an AEK deal.

- The Portuguese press claim that Maduca will stay in Greece and with AEK

- AEK are interested in Ergotelis striker Koiliaras

- Aloneftis is keen on an AEK move but also wants a three year contract worth 300,000 euros salary per year. However AEK will face stiff competition from Bundesliga sides Hannover and Aachen. (Just give him the wages m#$%! Nikolaidi, his talent deserves it!)

- Also PAE AEK president Demis Nikolaidis has offered a 6 year contract to Spanish coach Serra Ferrer

whats this obsession with greek clubs signings aging over the hill players like salas. has greece oficially becoming a retirement league for these types of past stars.

File I think Salas must be BS from the Chillean media I dont think AEK would sign him now. I also agree about Alonefti. He's a left winger so isnt really his job to get goals but he's got so much pace and he's a clever player. I'm a big fan and the fact that a Cypriot from Larissa has attracted interest from the Bundesliga proves he's talented. Even at NT level he does the business, I've seen him against Germany, Czechs, Wales and Switzerland and he was very good in all of them. He'd be great for AEK and if Makridis signs too AEK will have 2 quick and skillful wingers able to stretch sides so in the Superleague you'll win alot more games and in Europe you'll always have a wide threat. Get them Nikolaidi!!!

i agree we need to get him, he would be a great aquisition

but dont say forget about the money demi

are you forgetting that we almost went bankrupt a few seasons ago???

if we cant pay, we cant pay, simple

every club needs a strong financial backing, and aek are only just slowly working their way out of it.

as for salas, too old, over the hill

• 2 weeks later...

My worries are that this summer will again be a poor transfer period for AEK. We are still feeling the effects of the financial problems from 2 years ago. But if we have a very good coach with a vision, we need to start getting some players that fit into his vision. We want to participate in the CL and do well, but we need players of that calibre to actually advance. This year was a good year for europe.

We cannot expect to get good players for short money. It cant happen. Demis needs to be willing to throw down some cash and pay for players or else accept that we are not contenders and we should invest in more youth and accept that we may not win championships for a while. Also we risk losing a great coach in the process.

There was much talk at the winter transfer period and nothing happened. I am worried it will happen again.

This was a year when Lagos was bought (Unlucky due to Injury), Delibacic (Unlucky in general), Maduka, Toszer, Hettemai, Pautaso, Udeze (the only real bad Choice IMO) etc...

Its not a poor year considering Papastathopoulos came from the youth and others did cover the gaps quite nicelly...

AEK never brought in foreign great players if you exclude Sabanazovic who came as a Champions Cup winner ...

Savavevski, Esterhazy, Okonski and other great players came as trial efforts to cover the "foreigners" spot, hoping a mountain of gold would be hit...

Now with Serra at the wheel I am sure that we have better chances of finding that gold at the end of the rainbow, but do keep in mind that AEK is not out of the loop yet ...

We were lucky to have 2 serious Coaches who took the best out of players that maybe were not cut for that divison. But we could easily still be struggling in performance as we still struggle financially...

I am otimistic... and I am NOT in a hurry....

This was a year when Lagos was bought (Unlucky due to Injury), Delibacic (Unlucky in general), Maduka, Toszer, Hettemai, Pautaso, Udeze (the only real bad Choice IMO) etc...

Its not a poor year considering Papastathopoulos came from the youth and others did cover the gaps quite nicelly...

AEK never brought in foreign great players if you exclude Sabanazovic who came as a Champions Cup winner ...

Savavevski, Esterhazy, Okonski and other great players came as trial efforts to cover the "foreigners" spot, hoping a mountain of gold would be hit...

Now with Serra at the wheel I am sure that we have better chances of finding that gold at the end of the rainbow, but do keep in mind that AEK is not out of the loop yet ...

We were lucky to have 2 serious Coaches who took the best out of players that maybe were not cut for that divison. But we could easily still be struggling in performance as we still struggle financially...

I am otimistic... and I am NOT in a hurry....

Good post. I dont think its essential for a team like AEK to snap up big foreign players, as long as the team manages to get the good domestic players. When Lagos is back he'll be like a new signing. Also, I'm a big fan of Papastathopoulos, he'll end up being a fantastic player, and Hattemaj and Toszer are great young players too. Also, it is ESSENTIAL that AEK sign the best cheap but talented players in Greece and Cyprus like Aloneftis & Makridis. I also read that AEK have received a "thumbs up" from Aigaleo regarding Bennard Kumordzi. This is the tactic that AEK need to take from now on for at least a couple of years. I mean let's face it the Greek league isnt the strongest so building slowly and still being successful domestically is possible. Its too dangerous to just go for big foreign names because it could lead to another financial disaster.

If I was AEK manager I'd try and secure Alonefti, Makridi and Spyropoulos. Fyssas is leaving Hearts in the summer and some experience at left back could be a good thing also. I'd also go for players that are unhappy (or available) at rival Greek clubs, players like Okkas & Mieciel. I'd also look at loaning young or even experienced players from top clubs that aren't getting first team football. For example, players like Flamini (Arsenal), Silvestre (Man Utd), Nuno Morais, Ben Sahar (Both from Chelsea), Fowler (Liverpool), Quinton Fortune (Bolton, etc. Slow but sure progress guys, dont get too carried away. Think about a 5 year plan instead of the immediate.

Archived