-
Posts
14,282 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
349
Everything posted by pash
-
It's entirely because of the name, right? So for the other Russian guy, we know he's going to be a free agent, so no money goes to Lokomotiv. What happens with this guy? We can't exactly wire money out to Rostov. Would this be a forced loan of some sort? Also - do we really need another left-footed right winger? That would make three.
-
Apparently we have a fourth friendly about to be announced (in addition to the three previously mentioned); this time it's against Cercle Brugge. Interesting; I literally didn't even know that team existed.
-
Goncharova has been named our new CEO. I believe she's been chairman of the board since basically the day Savvidis took over, so she's probably a good choice there. No big surprise here.
-
Uhhh I thought our last loan took him through the end of his contract? Perhaps the invasion means each time he gets loaned out, the contract is automatically extended? Is that even a thing?? https://inpaok.com/823905/o-paok-zitaei-ananeosi-daneismou-tou-kentziora/
-
Looks like we're about to lose our goalkeeping coach. I think Bianchi was Lucescu's guy, and not the team's, right? Either way, time to start interviewing.
-
That's a pretty wild ask. Agreed we should move on. Hiring an Olympiakos guy doesn't sit right with me, either. Zaragoza apparently interested in Erik Esposito (who we allegedly are also interested in), and might think of Brandon Thomas as their back up plan. Would be a shame if we sold him to them, though. This guy also popping up today. I think left wing is a big hole for us, we really need to get someone in there. Taison can probably take us through qualifying but it's only a matter of time before he's run into the ground... https://www.transfermarkt.us/felicio-milson/profil/spieler/589374
-
First official game announced: PAOK vs AEK Larnaca at 7pm (I'm assuming local time), on the 3rd
-
Serbs are saying we want this guy: https://www.transfermarkt.us/guelor-kanga/profil/spieler/231306 I have a feeling most of these central midfielder rumors are building out a hierarchy of choices - Lucescu might want Camara, but if he doesn't come, I could see us approaching Hartel next. Kanga plays in a worse league and would not be free, so it's hard to see why we'd want him over the other two (and I can't imagine we'll end up getting multiple central midfielders if we've got Meite, Schwab, Ozdoyev, and Tsiggaras on the roster).
-
From what I understand, Camara really wants to leave Greece (probably related to his loan spell at Roma). I would imagine we'll be his last choice, so I hope we are holding true to the deadline. I don't want us to be jerked around again, waiting for a guy who doesn't want to dangle us in front of other teams so they can snap him up. Anyway, it looks like the Baba Rahman - Brentford rumors are starting up again. If we sell, might mean we move on Giannoulis again. Hopefully he's the same player, if so. Also hot off the press, there's a new rumor that we are interested in Martin Braithwaite, who had a pretty good season at Espanyol this year. His age (32) tells me he'd be a shorter-term acquisition, however. -edit- I should also note that it appears Braithwaite's buy-out clause is only 600k, since Espanyol failed to get promoted.
-
Another one? I thought he lost his bid for mayor. Conceição (a name I have to google and copy-paste every time) may be heading to France or Italy, after a hell of a run with Porto. He also left a pretty cryptic statement (at least, cryptic for someone like me, who does not pay attention to Portuguese football), as translated by someone on reddit:
-
That means we are valuing this goalkeeper very high...is this guy that worth it? Is there some buzz I'm not seeing? 300k for 70% of his rights implies a value of around 430k (right in line with Transfermarkt), but Lyratzis could probably fetch 500k-1 million just on his own. They must be really high on Liavas (who's only a year younger than Lyratzis)...
-
Not a coach or player, but I wonder if Savvidis will try to hire Lubos Michel to replace Gagatsis...
-
I did not expect him. Didn't something happen with a missed penalty or something? Would probably be a good pairing with Meite, one would think. This one, I would not expect us to announce until after the 30th...
-
Troost-Ekong, who magically is now fit to play in his self-organized friendly, scored from the penalty spot today. Meite seems to be there as well.
-
First two friendlies have been announced: NEC Nijmegan, (with a name like that, how could they not be from the Netherlands?) : https://www.transfermarkt.us/nec-nijmegen/startseite/verein/467 And Genk: https://www.transfermarkt.us/krc-genk/startseite/verein/1184 Both very good choices for preseason opponents, IMO. I am sure we'll see one of those semi-amateur teams as an early match too.
-
I'm not sure how I feel about this (apart from the positive fact that it would give us fewer games/an earlier end to the season): https://www.sdna.gr/podosfairo/1203659_sto-trapezi-i-allagi-format-toy-protathlimatos-me-plei-mono-gia-toys-tesseris So basically we'll have five European spots going forward, and the play offs will be split into three groups, one of which will compete for that last Conference League spot? Kind of insulting to the rest of the teams that the top four (which - let's be serious - are already decided) will exclusively compete for the championship. Get rid of the play offs entirely, damn it.
-
I guess Gagatsis officially announced today he'll be leaving his position as part of this run for president of the EPO. Fenerbahce may be interested in Konstantelias as well; let's get a few more rich teams in there please, so I can see an actual bidding war. Allegedly we are basically in agreement in Kedziora and Schwab for their return, and the talking heads are saying Meite might be only 2.5mm to acquire. That would be a big win (and of course, bringing Lucescu's guys back might sway him to stay as well). Thimianis may also have agreed terms, and so should just be a matter of time. Tsiftsis apparently will only be 200-250k to acquire, as well. There is also a newer rumor that both PAOK and Olympiakos are interested in signing Marios Chrysovergis (who I believe will be a free agent). You might remember his name, as he is a product of our academies that we loaned out to an Italian team (and then gave him away for free). I am not sure why we would want someone who only lasts a few months at a time in the Italian fourth division, but perhaps he'd be reinforcement for our B team. https://www.transfermarkt.com/marios-chrysovergis/profil/spieler/1055998 I forget: for players whose contracts expire on the 30th - since they are freed of obligations due to the summer break, are we actually able to announce them prior to the ending of their previous contracts?
-
@PaokCT is too bashful to share this excellent post he found, giving estimated earnings for all of the teams they expect to compete in the League phase. Just imagine what we could do with this money. If you follow the link, there's a whole thread giving support for the #s. I'll let you guys decide if it's accurate, though.
-
Kougias is one of the funniest people in sports. Blackhawk has some saying about him, I think? That he's a clown or something? Accurate, whatever it was. I truly cannot pin down what he (Kougias) actually believes. I will say, though, that there's absolutely no reason why Olympiakos, AEK, and Panathinaikos should like each other. They should be at each other's throats, just as we are with Aris. And whatever shady team takes up the Iraklis mantle, one day. This is only natural.
-
Thank you, my wooden-shoed guardian angel!
-
This is kind of interesting - we gain a place in the seedings if Real Madrid wins: https://inpaok.com/823343/to-endiaferon-tou-paok-gia-ton-teliko-tou-champions-league/ I should also note that @Dutch Eagle's favorite site says there are five Greek teams in UEFA competitions this summer, which I do not think is accurate? https://kassiesa.net/uefa/data/method5/crank2024.html
-
How so? Because Olympiakos dared to beat AEK?
-
I think that even if 15 million seems "meh," that we're still very far from being able to command that kind of price from other leagues. Would love to be proven wrong, but we aren't Benfica. Also: it is rather telling that there have been no rumors for teams other than Leipzig's B team being interested in him. Anyway, Besiktas strikes back: And I guess now Cagliari is interested in Lucescu (?) https://www.sport24.gr/football/loytseskoy-i-kaliari-echei-sto-stochastro-to-roymano-techniko-toy-paok-symfona-me-tin-corriere-dello-sport.10325498.html
-
Great context for subsequent seasons. I just have so little hope that the other teams will contribute hahaha
-
That is a great question. Unfortunately it doesn't look like it helps, apart from giving Olympiakos an advantageous entry into the EL. Right now, it looks like: PAOK - 2nd Qualifying Round for Champions League Olympiakos - direct qualification to League Phase for Europa League (for winning the Conference League) Panathinaikos - 2nd Qualifying Round for Europa League AEK - 2nd Qualifying Round for Conference League Had Olympiakos not won, they would have been in the Conference League, in the same qualifying round AEK is in. Instead, Greece's berth for that position is vacated. My guess is that Panathinaikos will fail to make it to the EL (there are some very good teams in there, and they are characteristically unseeded). If we screw up, we might join them in the Conference League.