Jump to content
Phantis Forums

J1078

Members
  • Posts

    2,828
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    185

Everything posted by J1078

  1. Take Mantolas off for Fountas and Bakasetas off for Fortounis. Need more skilled players on.
  2. Every pass is coming at a stand still no movement no speed in any of the passes. Very easy to defend against right now.
  3. Seriously man Baka has such a heavy foot, he can’t beat anyone one v one and can’t make solid passes, Why is he such an automatic starter and worse captain of this team. Tzavellas starting is another head scratcher that I don’t get..
  4. And who exactly are you talking about when you say “That sums up your football knowledge”
  5. Official lineup. Vlacho Hatzidiakos Svarnas Tzavelas Giannoulis Zeca Kourbelis Liminos Baka Mantalos Pavlidis not sure why Mantolas is on the wing, also I know a lot of guys here disagree but not sure why Bakasetas is starting. I really wanted to see Fortounis in this game as well as Fountas and I would have tried Rota today.. I don’t like how JVS was a starting to play guys out of position again..
  6. Then why call him up?? If you can’t trust to play him in a friendly against Austria or a team like Maldova then what’s the point?
  7. Now that Bakakis is ruled out of the upcoming games Rota will start for sure.
  8. A few things are starting to concern me. -We have not played anywhere close to how we finished the last euro campaign, we don't have the same energy or attacking, we've looked sloppy and confused at times and aren't plying with the same flow. -Way to many changes and faces, i understand you want to try new guys but at some point you need to stick with a core group of players and let them build chemistry. -We need to find a better combination of midfielders which is our age old problem. Still not sure who is the best combo -Our defenders are fine against weaker teams but the minute they play a better opponent they will be in trouble. in a perfect world yes we would have Manolas and Siovas on the team but it seems like that ship has sailed so who fills that role? I think JVS s looking for guys in the back that can move the ball and help create counter attacks as well as good passers but are those type of players good enough to shut it down wen they need too? -Maybe JVS is just using these friendless and Nations league games to prepare for 2020 Qatar and he's using these games to find the team he wants to move forward with.
  9. After seeing what our D core looks like against a slightly above average team i have to admit if we continue with this current defense core we are screwed.
  10. Embarrassing defensive performance for us tonight
  11. We have let there players consistently get behind our defence tonight. Sloppy in the back but that’s expected with the players we have back there tonight.
  12. I understand this is a friendly but we are playing some ugly football.. No control and scrambling all over the place.
  13. Not sure what JVS is thinking with some of these selections..
  14. I really hope JVS uses his best possible line up against Austria as this game will show us if we are just producing good results against week teams or if we really have progressed and are heading in the right direction.
  15. I don't understand why Bakasetas has become an automatic starter, personally i think he's our third or fourth best option.. I don't get it.. he doesn't have the ability to get creative and open up space for the wingers.
  16. Tzavellas???? WTF
  17. Just read Tsimikas is injured and wont be called up for the upcoming games with the NT.
  18. I think its safe to assume the selections will be similar to Septembers call ups with the exception of Siovas. Is Hatzidiakos still injured? Also wonder if Retsos will be called up as well.
  19. Are we better with Manolas and Socratis on the team? Yes I don’t think that is up for debate but the attitudes they bring does far more damage to the team then good, they think they can run the show and that’s not how it works. I remember they caused a huge stink when Toro wasn’t called up and it showed in there play. Is that what you guys want? Two players who get to decide who plays and who doesn’t? Come on guys wake up. In a perfect world of course I want them on the team if they had better attitudes. Maybe that will change If JVS has a talk with them down the road who knows. As far as Siovas is concerned it’s a shame but in what universe does he think it’s okay to call out a coach and making another teammate feel like s%$#! (Svarnas)? That is totally unacceptable and he deserved to be cut from the team. All the players that have attitudes and can’t just keep there mouth shut and play the way the coach wants them to play should not be on this team period. The worst thing JVS could do is keep everything the same as before and expecting different results, it doesn’t work that way so he’s rebuilding the team.
  20. Lots of drama with the NT. JVS told Sivas he is done from the NT after his comments after the Kosovo game. he will not be called up again. He also spoke about Socratis and Manolas who are done as well. So now Siovas, Manolas, Socratris are all DONE from the NT for good. Check out the article below. https://www.sport24.gr/Columns/Diamantopoulos/thn-kanate-reality.5754877.html
  21. Any news on where the NT is going to play there home games next month?
  22. I agree I wasn’t happy with all the call ups either and I think we can field a stronger line up, but I think JVS is using these games to to see what he has and to build a system that everyone buys into. Vlachodimos was a head scratcher for me why he wasn’t called up, also I don’t think Svarnas can hang with better opponents and Bakakis is not the answer. As I said before in regards to Manolas who is one of if not the most solid defender we have as long as he can come in and not distrupt the team morale and buy into the coaches plan them I’m for it. I also think we need to find a better combination for our two midfielders, Zeca is a work horse and he plays with heart and hustle but he lacks the skill needed in that position to help drive our offence. I like where the team is headed right now but I do agree we need some tweaking done to our line up. Also Staf should only be a bench option when everyone is healthy and not a starter.
×
×
  • Create New...