-
Posts
4,036 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
128
Everything posted by Bananas
-
Only saw the 2nd half, but based on what I saw, we would have to play Dortmund 10 times to have a chance of beating them. We are not in the same ... league.
-
Getting tired of this. Maybe a one year ban would teach those fans in G4 ? Yep, don't think so.
-
You forgot Tziolis.
-
Good result. More points for Greece too. Disappointed we couldn't hold the ball. Dortmund had us pegged in our half. They are a seriously good team.
-
Only been watching the 2nd half. Were we playing this deep in the 1st half ?
-
Is Tsanas part of a royal blood line and I haven't heard about it ? What's so special about this guy ?
-
Evidence ? Or maybe it was destroyed by the Illuminati. ;)
-
Stupid question ... Why does EPO want a say in who gets picked for the team ? Who specifically gains, and what do they gain ?
-
Maybe he can sing you a song to cheer you up. Sorry, I couldn't resist.
-
Makes sense I suppose. They are 99.99% to go through in this group, where as if the gap between them and Bayern gets too big, it could be difficult to catch Bayern. It's a shame in a sense since we won't be playing them at full strength, but then again any advantage to gain some points could prove crucial. I hope we smack them.
-
Berbatov is not a kolo paido. Ronaldinho is coming. But first he has to visit some bourdela and bouzoukia. Maybe he can do a duet on the beach with Essien.
-
Until Arsenal get someone in the midfield that is imposing, like a Yaya or a Matic, they will stay as they are. They need to create so many chances just to be able to score. They are a bunch of pussies. No steel. What's surprising is that Wenger hasn't realised this. His old "invincibles" team was made of stars, but it was Vieira that provided the steel in the middle. Add in a Campbell at CB as well and good luck trying to score. People remember Beckham, Scholes, Giggs, Henry, Ljungberg, Bergkamp, Pires. I remember Vieira vs Roy Keane. Now that a battle.
-
Arsenal-Olympiakos(29 September 2015, Emirates Stadium, London)
Bananas replied to Omonoia9's topic in Olympiacos FC
Relax everyone. Olympiakos played well, very well, and got rewarded for it. On another day, they could have lost 3-0 given the same performances from both teams. The ball is round ... as they say. Kudos to Olympiakos, if you play "correctly", you always have a chance. Keep bringing those co-efficient points. -
Scalpers ? Time to flash those Aussie Dollars.
-
I wouldn't be surprised to see 3 DM's of Sabo, Tziolis and Kace, to try and pack the middle. It's difficult to say. It all depends on what Tudor wants from the game. Does he want PAOK to just go for it and play their normal game ? In that case, the formation will be similar to we've had in previous matches. Alternatively, he may try and play a defensive game, hope for 0-0 at half-time and open up in the second half. It's hard to say. The line up will reveal his intent ...
-
This will be an interesting game. So far this season, PAOK has played 12 matches (7 in the EL, 5 in the GSL) and with no disrespect to AEK or their supporters, you could say that PAOK has been the favourite for every one of those 12 matches. This will be our first serious test against an opposition who will be considered the favourite. Olympiakos will have an additional 2 days rest as they play their CL game on the Tuesday. Regardless of the result, I am interested to see how we play, and what tactics we go with. Traditionally, we have played a defensive game and hoped for something on the break. Tudor has had the team playing with an emphasis on possession. Will we try and "out play" Olympiakos ? I am curious ...
-
Berbatov, but I'm not sure if he has the legs to do it for 90 minutes.
-
I've been called a communist. I've been called a jew lover. And it just slid off like nothing. But now my friend, now I am truly offended.
-
Plenty in the other forums, all a lot more inventive and original that what I could ever come up with. ;)
-
Olympiakos will have 2 days extra rest compared to us, which sucks but what can you do.
-
I am hoping he gets "seduced" by PAOK and we can retain him for next year.
-
Yes, but ... at least he gets into dangerous positions. I think right now he's invaluable. His pace means the opposition can't play a high line, which creates space in the middle. Unless of course the opposition is just a few classes above us, or they have a very speedy defender. If he keeps this form up, I can see teams outside the GSL showing interest. On a side note, Lucas popped in 2 goals last night. F--k me I wish he stayed with us. Lucas, with Klaus and Berbatov. Now that is beginning to get quite scary. Throw in a Natcho, a class CB and a class GK and even I would be thinking we can get the title.
-
Great stories everyone!! Unfortunately, I haven't been to Toumba. The one time I've been to Greece back in '94, I had lost interest in football and sports in general, unless you count chasing girls as a sport. In addition, PAOK was serving a 5 year ban in Europe, and at the time, that would have been the only game I would have been interested in. I didn't start following PAOK seriously again until Bajevic become our manager. Those years in the 90's and early 00's were rough in terms of presidents. I don't know when I'll be going to Greece again, life always seems to get in the way, but when I do, I'll be organising my trip around PAOK games. How our priorities change ... Pontos, you're one lucky dude. Got to see the unveiling of Berbatov, AEK, Dortmund, Olympiakos. Man, it doesn't get much better.
- 29 replies
-
- 1
-
-
- Black and White religion
- Dreams
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
It's encouraging that we fought back for the win, in some ways even more so that last weeks game. In Toumba, the team is expected to "fight to the death" and they generally deliver. Our achilles heal has always been our away form, and it always costs us too many points. Good to see Mak finish. Maybe the trick to improving his finishing, is to have half a dozen players between him and the goal.
-
Maybe it's an Albanian "home boy" dance move ?