Jump to content
Phantis Forums

Bananas

Members
  • Posts

    4,036
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    128

Everything posted by Bananas

  1. Maradona was the best hands down. I'm not one of these people that says "Maradona vs Pele, Maradona was better ..." but what he did will never happen again. He went to a mid table club, in the best league in the world by a country mile, and won them the league. That can't happen today. Would Messi or Ronaldo sign for say Everton or Newcastle ? Different times now so you just can't compare. Then again, Maradona had the assistance of cocaine. ;)
  2. Both Ronaldo and Messi are freaks. Agree on that. Both will go down amongst the greats of the game. But in terms of looking just at stats, they are both lucky they are playing at a time when players are protected by referees. If they were playing in the Serie A of the 90's, they would've been on their 2nd knee reconstruction by now.
  3. And you can have this avatar if PAOK wins ? :)
  4. I don't think Pelkas is ready yet. Close yeah, but let's see how he does over the season. Our "sample size" of 9 games isn't quite big enough. The only thing I can see stopping him is ego. I'm sure Tudor won't accept him slacking off though.
  5. Maybe I should've kept my trap shut. I do like your avatar though. Always loved Demi. One of a kind. Here's to a good game :: raises scotch :: N.B. Xanthi is very decent team. Good practical manager. I'm looking at you PAO fans. ;)
  6. Amorgos, you guys are sounding very confident over there in the AEK forum. Should PAOK fans be worried ? Any recommendation on a sports bet ? ;)
  7. Fetfa is exactly the sort of player I would hate to play with. You don't ever know what you're going to get from him. He is the definition of unreliable. Give him more chances ? How about you take the ones you're given. Sure, he's 3 times more skillful than say a Karagounis, but he's also 3 times less the player. Don't be fooled by fancy tricks alone. There is a lot more to the game than just flair. This is not 1980. The fact that he was even selected for the NT shows how desperate and demoralised the NT is. The "kid" hasn't even played a full season of football and he'll be 25 years of age in December. Give his spot to Pelkas. There, I said it.
  8. Really hard to predict this one. Both teams playing well, if anything AEK slightly better. AEK are on a high, but the game is in Toumba. Buonnanote and Berbatov "X" factor. It's all happening! As much as I'd like a win, what I want to see more is our team play "correctly". Hold possession. Don't panic. No blunders from Olsen. Create chances. Mark your man, etc. If we do everything correctly and AEK win due to a freak game or play, well so be it. But above all, play the game as a team. This is probably our biggest test so far this season, including European games.
  9. Never say no to Panda.
  10. You sure ? We have Gabala away, and Atromotis away. Also, AEK, Dortmund and Olympiakos at home.
  11. I am a PAOK fan. I expect the worst. Incompetence, lack of planning, selfishness and general idiocy are par for the course. Having said that, Arnesen has given me something I haven't had in a long time ... hope. And f--k me, we signed B-E-R-B-A-T-O-V !! Yep, I'm still glowing a little on the inside.
  12. If he rips it up against Dortmund, I can see the Germans being interested in him.
  13. If the teams play to their "normal" style it should be an open game and possibly even a high scoring game. Hopefully their aren't too many fouls and the referee let's the game flow.
  14. Was is it with our team and injuries ? We seem to get more than other sides, or is it just my perception ? Leovac, considering the schedule in the next few weeks is a big loss. Assuming he's fit the left back position is his. As pash said, we have others who can fill the position. Tzavellas, Korovesis ... in theory. Although Tudor seems to be favouring Kitsiou on that side. Damn, I'm annoyed.
  15. Pereyra had a sex change ?
  16. Blackhawk, agree about not being in the best negotiating position. We left it a little late. If you look at Kace though, he is on less money but his release clause is a more reasonable 5 million. At least I think it is ... Hopefully we can offer him an improved contract at the end of the season. That is assuming he keeps playing well, and he doesn't get bought by another club.
  17. Disembarking from the Fetfa hype train ?
  18. No Team. I actually laughed when I read that.
  19. As a PAOK fan, I sincerely hope we win 4-0. But on a serious note, this will be an interesting match up. Buonnanotte seems like the real deal. An inspired signing. Not sure what tactics Tudor will try to contain him. In previous seasons, PAOK's tactic would have been obvious. Play deep and try for the counter. Tudor has the team trying to play a decent possession game and create chances in a balanced way. Not like last season where it was predominantly via the wings. Regardless of the result, it's great to see AEK back.
  20. Same crapola here in Australia. My parents have installed 2 boxes now and a couple of weeks back a message was scrolling along the bottom of the screen saying the service would cease operating unless you call them and get some card. Tried calling a few times but it rings out. Every so often the service breaks down. I don't know if they are a bunch of thieves that do it on purpose. I would like to meet one of the guys that run these operations ... just for 5 minutes ... in a nice quiet sound proof room ... with a baseball bat. Boston, my mother watches some of those Turkish soap operas as well. When I queried her why she was watching that and not Greek ones, she showed me the Greek "content". Just terrible. So so bad. It's not even B grade. And the picture and sound quality is hilarious. My 5 year old camcorder can shoot a better picture. I know there's an economic crisis in Greece, but seriously ...
  21. Good luck to Aris. Hopefully they return strong. They are a big club. They have history and the GSL will be all the better with them.
  22. Is there any sane reason why Nova don't have a service for overseas viewers ? Don't they want to make money ?
  23. So let me get this right. If say Olympiakos were to make an offer of 1.5 mil, we have to accept it ? Sounds kind of crazy considering this kids potential. His release clause should be at least 7.5 mil.
  24. A while back, just for a joke, I suggested Anastasiadis with Alefantos as his assistant. I think I'd prefer that to Magath. I am really apprehensive about this. Is it a done deal ?
×
×
  • Create New...