-
Posts
4,036 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
128
Everything posted by Bananas
-
Sheez we are sloppy when the ball is in the box.
-
Can Jairo manage a red card in 5 minutes ?
-
Agree, Rodrigues is very average today.
-
Ai sto dialo.
-
Ha ha, that's your boy pash. Hopefully he can help up the tempo, because the team is half asleep at the moment.
-
Finally some decent play.
-
You see that guy with the number 10, that's always in space ? Just kick the ball to him. Sheez.
-
We're doing well at turning the ball over when there isn't even much pressure.
-
I like from the middle up. Especially the front 4. Can't ask for more than that. At the back I'd go Kitsou -- Malezas -- Tzavellas/Skondras -- Korovesis or Kitsou -- Malezas -- Skondras -- Tzavellas
-
Considering patates like Maduro and Maartens got paid 5x more than him (if not more) and considering he's in the 11 every time he's fit, he should be on easily over 300K per season. Even 500K would be fair enough.
-
Finally got to see Charisis in action the past few weeks, and he was looking very promising, and he gets injured again. Damn it.
-
I'm keen to Cimirot play. I'd like to see him pared with Kace or Charisis, or even have all 3 in the middle.
-
The thing is, those PAOK fans are entitled to their view on life. But they aren't entitled to push the club in the direction they want. They don't own the club. They think they do, but they don't. They don't or rather shouldn't think they speak for and represent all PAOK fans. In summary, they are a bunch of tossers and I would like nothing more than if they stopped supporting PAOK, as unrealistic as that is. If they want to, they could always make a new club based on the principles they value.
-
Every manager he's had in the last few years with the exception of Huub, considers him a decent player. So maybe, just maybe, he's not so bad as what everyone else thinks.
-
I'll be amazed if offers don't come in for Mak. He's been prolific this season. If he could actually finish, he'd have 40 goals by now.
-
What exactly is their problem ?
-
Time to wake up. Nearly half the squad is over-rated. If you're waiting for Taxi or Samaris to save us, we'll be waiting forever. The midfield is woeful. They can't defend or attack. Pick one at least. If I was an opposition manager, and I saw Samaris and Taxi in the middle, it wouldn't worry me in the slightest. Sure, they have the occasional good game ... once in a while. There are problems in the midfield and up front, but we need to fix the middle first. Play one of Taxi or Samaris (whoever you think can defend better) as the DM and Pelkas and Fortounis as attacking CM's. That's it. That simple. All the rest is fluff. We lack depth as well. Outside of this combo I can't think of another decent one. Up front, that's a whole different problem.
-
Is it just me or does our team seem to suffer from lots of injuries ? Almost every game someone is injured. Are we doing something wrong ?
-
How many goals are we conceding this week ? Any takers ? ;)
-
Isn't that enough to condemn the guy ? So much bias in these threads based on team allegiance, it's nauseating.
-
It's not really that hard. You pull him aside, and tell him one on one, if I see you doing this or that, I'll drag you. Keep doing it, I'll drop you. Not rocket science.
-
If we sign Pletikosa I'll cry. I've had it with signing pensioners ... Berbatov excepted.
-
We definitely need a CB or even two. I think Arnesen knew this but didn't have the time in the transfer period to get the player he wanted. I suppose he thought he'd rather stick with what he has. After all how bad could the current defense be ? ;) When Arnesen started, the number one priority was qualifying for the EL Group Stages. We had just come off an abysmal end of the year where we got smashed in the play-offs, confidence was ludicrously low, and there was serious concerns we wouldn't be able to get through the 3 qualifying rounds. I think this led to the whole transfer period being a bit random. All things considered, it was a decent transfer period, but it's still too early to judge some players. Some worked (Rodrigues), others didn't (Olsen, Sabo) and others are yet to be determined (Leovac, Cimirot, Jairo). Charisis is looking good. Where is Mystakidis ? And I think Golasa should be replaced. He's ok, but just ok.
-
Well, this is a case of life being stranger than fiction. Who would have thunk it. What exactly does the General Team Manager do ? I wonder what Savvidis motivation for signing him was ?
-
The pattern was set from the Xanthi game last season onwards. Since then our defense has been shaky. I can't remember the last time we had a good run of clean sheets. So, it's simple to blame it on tactics or Arnesen or Tudor or Savvidis or the tooth fairy. I think the simple truth is, we need better quality defenders. And to make it worse, if you want to play with very attacking full backs or wing backs, your CB's and at least one of the DM's has to be able to cover, which means they have to be "above average" so to speak. Tudor is saying he's mystified and that we're defending with 10 behind the ball. There is no mystery. The current personnel aren't suited to this sort of game. If you want to play (at least in the GSL) an attacking game, the current CB's especially will continue to struggle. *N.B. For all those Tziolis lovers out there, I forgot to blame him also.