Jump to content
Phantis Forums

Bananas

Members
  • Posts

    4,036
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    128

Everything posted by Bananas

  1. Not going to happen Reaper. Natkho is on I think 2 million as it is. So what would we have to offer to get him ? 3 wouldn't do it. It would have to be 4, at least. And even then it isn't enough. We need 3 players of that quality. Natkho alone wouldn't be enough. And honestly, this is just my opinion, I think even if we offered him 5 million he'd still decline. Why would he want to play in Greece ? To do what you are saying, PAOK's player wage budget would need to be 2x to 3x what it is now.
  2. I've never personally liked the precedent of selecting *star* players that are out of form, purely because of who they've played for or play for. Mitrogoal out. Klaus out. Giannou in. If the *star* players don't like it, *sta*****a* mou.
  3. Why the hell not. It's not like this season was meant to be anything but a rebuilding year. I'd like to see him get 3 or 4 games to see how the kid copes with the GSL.
  4. When Mak or Rodrigues aren't firing the team suffers. Added to that when sides park the bus, these guys have less space to work with. That's when you need players that can play that through ball that can split a defence. Pelkas is getting there, but there is a long way to go. The team definitely "clicks" a little better when he's playing in the hole. Up front though, there is nothing. No one to play the ball to. Right now, if Klaus and Berbatov were to leave the club, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest. Both are being selected purely on reputation. If they were young kids, they'd be sent out on loan. When Berbatov was signed, I was hoping he could play that number 10 role. He has the required technical attributes, and then some. He should be teaching Pelkas how it's done, but this is not how it's played out. Honestly, right now, I'd be playing Pelkas as the number 10 and pick someone from the youth to play as the number 9. Klaus and Berbatov I'd probably make the team clothing shoppers. They dress kind of snazzy.
  5. Contrary to popular belief, PAOK were not favourites to get out of this group. Krasnodar are a better side, and it shows in the results. If you're thinking, who the hell is Krasnodar, well I can tell you the rest of Europe probably thinks the same thing about Greek teams ... in general, Olympiakos possibly excepted. Having said that, PAOK have been poor overall, and regardless of getting out of the group or not, should be beating teams like Qabala with ease, both home and away. Qabala, the Greek giant killers!
  6. Thanks for link. Only caught the last 15 minutes. I saw 5 chances and 3 of them were by Tziolis, so that kind of sums up what little I saw. We weren't terrible, but we are lacking presence up front. At least we got 1 co-efficient point ....
  7. Seriously, it's 2015, and we sit here trying to jump threw burning f--king hoops just to catch a shitty stream to watch a shitty game that a shitty standard. Ah F*** off.
  8. 400K or 500K, he's worth it. We should decrease Klaus's wage by 300K to pay Kace.
  9. I suspect he was seduced by Savvidis, or should I say courted. Decent money, close to home, getting towards the end of his career. And Thessaloniki isn't the worst place to be based in. So even though I was amazed that we got him, at least it kind of makes sense. He also looked genuinely happy when he was introduced to the club that day. At that point, he probably thought, hey, it's not so bad. Now that he's seen the rabble that the GSL is, and the way Greek fans are animals e.g. harassing players, trashing their cars, threatening them, plus the scenes he would have seen in Athens, it wouldn't surprise me if he is thinking of leaving. Can you blame him ? He's played in proper leagues that are civilised. He doesn't need to put up with or see this sort of rubbish. Regardless of the standard of the GSL (he knew he would be coming down a level or seven), if he is to leave, it's the social side of the game, the behaviour of fans, media, presidents, police, MAT, that will drive away.
  10. Maybe some Turkish hashish ? ;)
  11. athinaios, I agree that in theory a team shouldn't be punished for the behaviour of supporters. If for arguments sake, an Arsenal supporter or group of supporters did some crazy s%$#!, I don't think Arsenal the club would get the blame. And the supporters causing trouble would be in a world of pain. But, that's based on the premise that the club does the "right things" to stop such behaviour, be it having tickets which require ID, adequate security, cameras etc. Unfortunately, PAO (and this applies to every club in Greece and all their bone head supporters) don't do everything in their power to stop this rubbish. All clubs are guilty. EPO is guilty. The government is guilty. What will it take to sort this out once and for all ? The death of 1, 10, 100, 1000 ??? As my uncle in Thessaloniki once told me, you can go to watch PAOK at Toumba only after you've gotten life insurance, not before.
  12. Damn, missed it. Maybe I can see it on the ABC website ...
  13. Well he dropped the f bomb and then apologised 2 seconds later, which is commendable I suppose. Regardless, I agree in principle with a lot of what he had to say. Sure, he was angry and he said a few silly things, but the essence of what he was saying ie. that the players aren't taking their roles seriously, I agree with. The performance of the team on the weekend was very sluggish and we've been poor in general since the PAO match.
  14. Maybe he can net the winner in the Cup Final ? ;)
  15. What's Savvidis got to do with this ?
  16. Either they have a great relationship with Tudor, or all hell is going to break loose.
  17. Enjoyed the press conference immensely. Tudor calling them out for the bunch of pussies they are ... just gold.
  18. He's not the man, he's just not as bad as what others make out, especially in the NT forum. He's just an average squad player. But to suggest otherwise will bring howls and shrill responses. Hence why I don't even bother posting the thought in the NT forum. Now I'll probably turn this thread into a bourdelo.
  19. Just confirms what I've always suspected about Tziolis. Other than Huub, all his other managers rated him. Far from brilliant, but consistent. As for the rest of Tudor's interview, I would be interested to know which players he considers "men" and which "boys".
  20. Pontos, Lucas is a quality player. Easily our best if he had stayed and it shows in how well he is doing in La Liga. Unfortunately, he didn't become a serious player until he went to Deportivo. I don't know what happened but after he overcame his injury, he's been reborn and he definitely helped us in the short spell he was with us earlier in the year. The problem with a lot of these "quality" players when they are at PAOK, is keeping them motivated and playing at the level they are capable of. It's a problem we've always had. My biggest hope is that Arnesen can change the mentality of the team but watching last nights game doesn't fill me with hope. There is still a lot to do ....
  21. Nah missed it. Anyway, I only saw the 2nd half and we only managed one clear cut opportunity with Berbatov. Our general play wasn't bad ... but not particularly threatening either. Need to up the tempo somehow.
  22. Jairo has managed to kick the ball to nowhere in particular 4 times already.
  23. Well well, 3 on 1 break.
×
×
  • Create New...