Phantis Forums

Cyprus vs Switzerland

bides

Cyprus will be hoping for a second straight Group 4 win at home against Switzerland on 7 September despite being without the suspended Enosis Neon Paralimni FC defender Eleftherios Eleftheriou and APOEL FC midfielder Konstantinos Makrides. Coach Angelos Anastasiadis has called up Makrides's APOEL team-mate Marios Elia, while Lambros Lambrou of Ethnikos Achnas FC replaces Eleftheriou.

Cyprus squad

Goalkeepers: Antonis Georgallides (Anorthosis Famagusta FC), Michalis Morfis (APOEL FC), Athos Chrysostomou (Egaleo FC).

Defenders: Andreas Konstantinou (AEK Larnaca FC), Loukas Louka (Anorthosis Famagusta FC), Lambros Lambrou (Ethnikos Achnas FC), Stelios Okkarides (APOEL FC), Stavros Georgiou (APOEL FC), Marios Elia (APOEL FC), Nikos Nicolaou (Anorthosis Famagusta FC).

Midfielders: Christos Marangos (Anorthosis Famagusta FC), Elias Charalambous (PAOK FC), Alexandros Garpozis (Xanthi FC), Chrysostomos Michael (APOEL FC), Konstantinos Charalambides (Panathinaikos FC).

Forwards: Efstathios Aloneftis (Larissa FC), Asimakis Krassias (AEK Athens FC), Ioannis Okkas (Olympiakos CFP), Michalis Konstantinou (Olympiacos CFP), Yiasoumis Yiasoumi (PAOK FC).

very bad match to be honest. especially the first half cyprus looked tragic. the goal was very lucky, since zuberbühler had made a huge mistake and aloneftis could score into the empty net.

in the second half things looked better for cyprus but mostly they were trying to hold the score. after a nice try from senderos switzerland managed to take the lead again and brought the home the three points quite easily.

Poor result for Cyprus..I think the only players that were trying were Aloneftis,Bides and Krassas.. This team needs a shrink or something the results they are geting are sickeneing!!! Great result for greece hopefully they can bring home two wins....

Morfis was the GK. The Aloneftis goal shouldn't have hapened so chalk that up as a gift from Zuberbuhler, a seemingly reliable keeper. We never looked that great and hopefully, we can be someone else's spoiler. I still want cyprus to be involved. Maybe the team needs to stop resembling APOEL. Where was Giorgallidis, where was Konnafis, or Ioachim, my cousin, where were these guys? Hats off to switzerland, i want to see them and France leave this group. But with 2 heritages I can and will still cheer on greece :gr:

Archived