Phantis Forums

Olympiakos - Shakhtar Dontesk

dark_horse

I agree with Irlandos. We would be very lucky if we qualify even to uefa.

This is no team, just a bunch of tired old individuals. The oly positive side I see is that Kokkalis will be forced to either make a drastic overhaul at all levels or he must quit.

Btw, Nikopolidis is not the real problem. Come on guys, let's face it, they all suck...

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nikopolidis 100% at fault for Shakhtar goal.

The guy is 40 years old and he should no better than to come off his line and not even come close the ball at a corner.

Dude I completely agree with you...

He's just 1 of our OLD F***ERS that need to go... What we need to do is sell these type of players to the other Greek teams (XANTHI - PANIONIOS - OFI etc) so we can make some $$$ and more importantly make the protathlima that much better.

What I don't get is that we have 2 quality goalies on our bench Giannou & Butina that can easily be in any starting 11 in the Greek league and other clubs in the Europe

Too slow, far too slow for European football! :tdown:

...And no cohesion! :tdown:

Hoping to score from individual bursts or set plays! :tdown:

Looked off-balance the entire match! :tdown:

Europeans are going to wonder if this is the best Greece has to offer...

it's because of age and I agree as well!

O Sollied to bioli tou. Kanena problhma. Xrono 8elei, leei. Eixame eukairies leei. Ante paei ki aytos, ton eixa gia sobaro alla mallon pasxei apo syndromo Mpake ki autos.

I'm not saying that Nikopolidis made us get out of Europe....

What I am saying is that goalkeeping is not that important to this team and we have great talent on the bench that we would've been just fine

We need to utilize the $$$$ that would be available from giving up Nikopolidis and put it in better use for our 10 players that are on the field...

I will write it again as I have in the past... Sollied's hands are TIED. If he benches Ribo or Tjorj HE WILL BE CRUCIFIED by the fans. Period. And if he isnt, Ribo will cause such a ruckas that he will be hated and the team's moral will suck. Sollied knows this and tries to make something out of what he has. You midfield SUCKED. And guess who was playing there? You need guys that dont stop and distribute in the midfield, and those guys just dont do it anymore. Ribo made such a big deal when Bajevic took him out of a PROTATHLIMA game!!! What would happen if he was benched for a CL GAME????

Get rid of the cancer and let the new blood build your team.

I just watched the highlights of the game and I saw one picture. I don't know whether it will be published in Greek papers tomorrow but Maric was looking to Kotapolidis like a lunatic after his blunder in Shakhtar goal. I though he would kill him in the dressing room at halftime.

The thing is Olympiakos just needs more "kazma" midfielders. Field Ribo and Djole but put someone or two guys fighting behind them who can also contact defence when needed. Someone like Basinas (a good and fit one of course) for example.

By the way, I was shocked to see Kotantinou on the bench whilst Babangida was there.. man, the guy just runs and has nothing else to offer!!

We need to utilize the $$$$ that would be available from giving up Nikopolidis and put it in better use for our 10 players that are on the field...

What about the money the you guys have made in past 10 years in CL? Why is Kokkali not useing that money to fix a team?? You think by selling Nikopolidis you guys are going to make money? :LOL: He will not play for any other club in Greece smaller than Oly,PAO or AEK. His ego is to high!!!!!!

Unfortunately often enough the problem does not lie with one or two persons, but in order to fix it you need a COMPREHENSIVE overhaul. You start with the internal culture of the club, you move to the coach (and whether he's got the authority to make the team as HE sees fit, not being directed from above), then you get the players that can do the job. Finally, let's not forget the fans who also bare some of the responsibility. Being the one-eyed person in a kingdom of blind people may win you local praise but you can't really fight anyone other than the very blind and deaf!

Oly must bite the bullet and look theirselves in the mirror, be honest and work long term WITHOUT stupid interference. Kokalis, in my humble opinion, has been a disaster for gavroi. Why? Because I define success as having a team that can play GOOD football and can stand up to euro teams without a complex of inferiority!

Kokalis' "Laikismos" is for domestic consumption and the "pelates" he talks about are none other than gavroi fans... who after all these years of giving support to their team have bought Kokalis' bullsh*t. He (and many others in the league) are INCOMPETENT Football-ignorant persons who because they've got $$ they think they can be gods! They're simply BAD for football, bad for Greece!

First off I just want to say that those PAO fans on here taking the piss should be ashamed of yourselves. Where's your Hellenic identity mounia? If AEK go out tomorrow we will prob have 1 team in the CL, and you guys aren't winning the league so you're basically supporting the fact that a foreign team will make the CL instead of possibly your own? :blink:

As for the game:

1) I cannot believe some of the messages I've been reading here today regarding the players. I am absolutely devasted with the way the game went, I still feel sick, BUT how some can criticise Maric is beyond me! If it wasn't for Maric we would have conceded 4! How many times did he break up their play? He was FANTASTIC! The others who deserve a special mention are Djole, who was superb, and Zewlakow who was a rock throughout. And all the s%$#! about Pantos and Babangida should stop NOW! What the F*** is wrong with you guys? Pantos was poor at times, and Babangida was quiet after the first 20mins, but I saw them fight with everything they had for the fanela today, esp Pantos.

2) Ribo is too slow now, he just can't cut it in the CL anymore. At times it was like we were playing with 10 men because he couldn't offer anything. We had 2 probs today in attack. Firstly, there was no incision through the middle. We'd work some lovely passes at times but there was no creator in central position high up the field. This was mainly because Ribo was too slow to shake off his marker. The 2nd prob is that everytime we got into a position on the wing we had no presence in the middle, i.e. no target man (Konstantinou). However, people seem to forget Konstantinou was back from an injurt and lacking in fitness, it's not like Sollied just chose to drop him!

3) Nikopolidis was pathetic today, but he has been sensational at times too this year (Valencia at home, Roma away, etc) Trust me, Giannou and Butina are not as good as him.

4) Everyone is ripping Sollied, and there's things I'd have done differently. Statistically this is our worst CL year in the last 10 and that's esp shocking because its the weakest group we've had in the last 10. HOWEVER, if we sack him now we'll finish 3rd!

I'm gutted guys but let's not just turn our backs on the players and manager. Where's the loyalty? Pantos died for the cause today and some of you just want to crucify him, what kind of fans are you? I still believe that the backbone for an excellent team is there, IF we keep all our players. I do think we need 6 new players though. A left back, a centre-back, right-winger, a defensive midfielder, a striker and a creative midfielder (a magician to replace Rivaldo). We don't even need that much money, maybe

First off I just want to say that those PAO fans on here taking the piss should be ashamed of yourselves. Where's your Hellenic identity mounia? If AEK go out tomorrow we will prob have 1 team in the CL, and you guys aren't winning the league so you're basically supporting the fact that a foreign team will make the CL instead of possibly your own? :blink:

As for the game:

1) I cannot believe some of the messages I've been reading here today regarding the players. I am absolutely devasted with the way the game went, I still feel sick, BUT how some can criticise Maric is beyond me! If it wasn't for Maric we would have conceded 4! How many times did he break up their play? He was FANTASTIC! The others who deserve a special mention are Djole, who was superb, and Zewlakow who was a rock throughout. And all the s%$#! about Pantos and Babangida should stop NOW! What the F*** is wrong with you guys? Pantos was poor at times, and Babangida was quiet after the first 20mins, but I saw them fight with everything they had for the fanela today, esp Pantos.

2) Ribo is too slow now, he just can't cut it in the CL anymore. At times it was like we were playing with 10 men because he couldn't offer anything. We had 2 probs today in attack. Firstly, there was no incision through the middle. We'd work some lovely passes at times but there was no creator in central position high up the field. This was mainly because Ribo was too slow to shake off his marker. The 2nd prob is that everytime we got into a position on the wing we had no presence in the middle, i.e. no target man (Konstantinou). However, people seem to forget Konstantinou was back from an injurt and lacking in fitness, it's not like Sollied just chose to drop him!

3) Nikopolidis was pathetic today, but he has been sensational at times too this year (Valencia at home, Roma away, etc) Trust me, Giannou and Butina are not as good as him.

4) Everyone is ripping Sollied, and there's things I'd have done differently. Statistically this is our worst CL year in the last 10 and that's esp shocking because its the weakest group we've had in the last 10. HOWEVER, if we sack him now we'll finish 3rd!

I'm gutted guys but let's not just turn our backs on the players and manager. Where's the loyalty? Pantos died for the cause today and some of you just want to crucify him, what kind of fans are you? I still believe that the backbone for an excellent team is there, IF we keep all our players. I do think we need 6 new players though. A left back, a centre-back, right-winger, a defensive midfielder, a striker and a creative midfielder (a magician to replace Rivaldo). We don't even need that much money, maybe

Another disappointing European season for Olympiacos. How do you go and win the Greek league every season, and then go and lay an egg in Champions League every year? Is it the competition in Greece, or something more than that????

The answer to that is plain and pretty simple dude....in greece the kafenia teams open their legs against the gavri,,,,,,which puts the the osfp into a false sense of security. Like kerkira last week,,,,,2 goals in 1 minute,,,,,,aris cops 3 goals in 2nd half,,,, Osp goes into the european season with this plasmatic,,,,,,,,,wrong frame of mind that all will go easily their way but what they dont understand cleague are played against teams who get their on their merits,,,kai den masane gia edres or anything else ,and look at ur group finishes uz finish dead last nearly every time u play cleague. To me mate it is a true reflection that the greek league title has no meaning anymore,,it means specially when uz get raped every yr :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown:

I will write it again as I have in the past... Sollied's hands are TIED. If he benches Ribo or Tjorj HE WILL BE CRUCIFIED by the fans. Period. And if he isnt, Ribo will cause such a ruckas that he will be hated and the team's moral will suck. Sollied knows this and tries to make something out of what he has. You midfield SUCKED. And guess who was playing there? You need guys that dont stop and distribute in the midfield, and those guys just dont do it anymore. Ribo made such a big deal when Bajevic took him out of a PROTATHLIMA game!!! What would happen if he was benched for a CL GAME????

Get rid of the cancer and let the new blood build your team.

well said.

it is always the same thing with our big names. adding the demands of the fans and kokkalis opadiliki a coach on osfps bench doesn't have a lot of options to put a team on the field.

i'm not very happy with sollied anymore even though i was supporting him all the way. but if we can just get 2 points out of our home games it is very ridiculus.

somehow i would like to see sollied on our bench next season, with a big part of our gerokomio out of the team. ribo should leave, georgatos will end his career anyway, djole should be offered another position in the team and we should get some young hungry greek players and one or two big names that can perform for several years in our team. sollied got a lot of new players in the team, but somehow he didn't have the chance to build the team he wanted. he always had to put in the players that are playing on their positions for years. i believe with a few additions of young players on the right positions the team could perform better. especially in terms of speed...

Our hellenic identity is not defined by supporting any greek team in europe...this is bul**it! I want oly to lose, even from turkish or jewish teams but believe me..i love my country more than anything!

U maybe support pao, aek etc. in european comps. but this is not the case for every oly fan!

In so many years oly has not contributed in getting points for greece! Well, you don't really need it as you always take the championship and it would make no difference if we had 1 or 2 or 10 teams in CL cause you are always there no matter what!

Let the teams that really need it (pao,aek) contribute in this.It is not really your job and you prove it every year!

1..you're too slow

2...you're too old

3...you play in a league which has been giftwrapped & you have forgotten the true meaning of competition

4...reality slaps you in the face just before Christmas every year... HO HO HO theres only one HO in europe :LOL:

5...these older players want to relax on the KANAPE instead of playing in europe :P

Archived