Phantis Forums

Defense Injuries

AEKARA-YIA-PANTA

With our big game against Milan coming up. we face many injuries on our back line that may stir up some problems.

Georgeas suffered an injury that will force him to miss the match against Kerkyra and Milan. Udeze is still going to be out for another month or so. Pautasso is set to return from injury in the next week.

Our central defense is solid with Dellas and Cirillo...but our left and right backs are looking shaky.

The way it looks now, Tziortzopolous and Pautasso will be battling for the left back postion, while Moras may get the nod at the right.

We are playing inspiring football....let's keep it up boys!!!!!

Frankly, I don't care for Georgeas at all....

Olles tis mballes tis spatalai... tin na ton kano pou trexi apano - kato ....

I agree with your comment about his poor passing ability but in a game against Milan you need a defender that will work his ass off trying to shut down the opposing sides offense. Lets be a little realistic, how much ball possession do you expect AEK to have against Milan. How many times do you think we will be creating chances.

Georgeas is a horse. He will run down an opposing player throughout the game. That is exactly what we need from our left and right backs.

An old football wisedom says: A team is as good as his worst player.......

Georgeas makes no part of that AEK, that I m dreaming of ...

I like Tziortziopoulos much better.....

And Tziortiopoulos will still come believe me... I know what I m talking about, if it comes to football.....

Since a couple of weeks I ve been writing here about Manduca... (is fast to check...no many posts here) .... look Manduca was chosen as the MVP of yesterday...

Manduca will still get better.....

As for the right back.. , I expected a bit more from Pautasso.... but I hope that he will get a bit better.. his problems is the physics... Georgeas problem is the technic...

I only believe our right back position is a problem honestly.

I don't think anyone would disagree with this back 4 for the moment but:

Pautasso Dellas Cirillio Tziortzopoulos

I don't think Udeze is that much of a loss, Tziortzopoulos is first choice at left back anyway, as for Georgeas, we will miss his hard work and running, but not his techinical ability.

If Pautasso is fit, he will get the nod over Moras, I believe Pautasso is better at right back anyway as it is his natural position and he is better technically.

If Ferrer decides to use Moras over Pautasso, I wouldn't mind his droppoing Tziortzopoulos and doing this:

Moras Dellas Cirillo

Up to 3 months ago I would Agree with nightsurfer about Geas

But not now....

Yes he is not AEK matterial, but his fighting spirit he has shown this year and the fact that we suffer defensivelly means his injury is a blow to us...

He may work hard but i honestly think he is the worst full back I have ever seen at European competition level. He is absolutely shocking! He has no pace, no positional sense, no strength and he gives the ball away in dangerous positions... so what if he works hard? So does a donkey!! Thankfully he's out against Milan because Kaka would have raped him!

You exagerate ...

Moras WILL have a tougher job ... (and if he covers the right side as he did 2 times before we have a serious problem)

Anyway ... Geas seems to be making it for the Milan Game...

As I said, I believe that he is not the "AEK we want to see" material...

I repeat however that this year he has shown tremendous improvement ... I hope its not a hickup... If it is not he can stay on as a sub able to fill in card and injury gaps till we get a beter one...

Plus ... people that work hard, improve, and accept to stay on the bench ae also usefull even in big Clubs...

Finally, because sometimes we forget that we talk about people and think those playes are just emotion free pawns on a chessboard ...

I prefer to honor a player who is C level but tries hard, gives 100% and even playes like a B level player on a good day, than an A level player who gives in a C level effort 80% of the time...

So despite understanding the use of the "donkey" comment, I feel we wrong the man...

And in a world where Greece has lifted the Euro its about time us Greeks begin to appreciate the value of hard work and commitment which can fill in a lot, even lack of pure talent...

;)

Mouse I happen to agree. I am not a fan of Georgeas as he is not a football player.... He does not have skills, etc as you can see my previous posts/threads concerning Georgeas.

But he works hard and I appreciate and commend him.

We had a quote we used on my University football team that I still use today:

"Hard work beats talent, when talent doesnt work hard"

As far as the game, I understand that it was a survival game, but I really get tired of our players (Emerson, Georgeas, Tsirrilo, etc) when they dont pass without a brain (or maybe it is their skills).  They just kick the ball at the opposing players.  They give the ball away without a fight.  That still bothers me, and it bothers Ferrer too.  I can see him on the sidelines going crazy... I LOVE IT!!!!

:blink:

Dava-G, you better make up your mind, you aren't a teenager, are you ? :P

He does not have skills, etc as you can see my previous posts/threads concerning Georgeas.

Don't worry my thoughts for Georgeas have not changed....

as you see from my quote above... He has very little skills and does not use his brain... Im sure if you look you will find other quotes of mine where I have said the same thing. ;)

My bolded quote at the end is for Georgeas and AEK in general. Work hard and good things will come. I give him credit for working hard, but he is not a good player. period.

Pios Georgeas.. kai den 3ero ti....

Hdate simera to Pliatsika... ?

18 Xronou Kyriyi

Aftos tha paixi dexi mbak se ligo........

O Pliatsikas fenete os podosfairistis.....

O Georgeas fenete os "den3eroti"

Epidi trexi apano kato ... ti na to kano...

2 epikindines pases edose pros ta piso sto CL, as embene h mia... kai tha vlepame...

Archived