Phantis Forums

2,970 average attendance

Ziaka

Here we are the opening round of the A' Division, and all we get is an average attendance of 2,970 fans per game. Where are the fans? Dissapointing turnout.

The PAO - Xanthi game attracted the most fans: 13,416

While the lowest attended game was: 407

Where are the fans? Dissapointing turnout.

If the teams build better grounds and improve services and security people will flock in!

As long as teams play in these rat holes violence will rule and people will be staying home.

Discracefull for Greek football indeed! :(

When 6 of the 8 games are in Athens (also 2 B' Ethniki games were played in Athens) and the remaining two in Thessaloniki what can somebody expect?

Who will go to see Proodeutiki-Chalkidona or Ionikos-Kallithea? The base of the fans of these teams is limited.

Also (since UKthrylos is not around) Greece population is 10.000.000. Italy's population is 60.000.000. So statistically if we normalize the data, is like having an average of 18.000 ppl per game in Italy. :D

Well playing the PAOK - OSFP game behind closed doors did not help things much. I am sure if the fans were allowed, there would have been at least 20,000 people in the stands bringing the average up slightly.

What I can not understand is this.

In a period where most of the Greek teams.. have serious money problems.....and the big matches are a main source of income for all clubs..... how could EPO let.....PAOK play without spectators in a game where they can ensure 1/5 of the saison income.....

I mean this could be also agianst the law... as some creditors are waiting for the money...... and players too.

They could have taken an other game... for a ban..... for example agianst Akrathtos....

Archived