PAO WON 0-1

PAO WON

NIKH NIKH NIKH :tup: :tup: :tup:

:gr: :gr: :gr:

Best PAO game yet.

Nilson, plus Mantzios, Darlas, Leontiou

All the young Greek boys played great

Munioz's job is evident :)

There is hope for the first time in years.

No more Dr Jekyll Mr Hyde!

Two good halves.

20th PAO away win in Europe!!! :nw:

PEACE

I actually enjoy listening the game on the radio. Especially when Kontos runs out of breath screaming like a maniac when the ball is ten meters away from our box :LOL:

The guy gets stressed out when the other team has the ball even if there is no real danger. He makes even the most boring games exciting.

In four games in Europe this year we have three wins and one tie (the best thing that happened to our team this year it seems.)

Looking ahead to our future we have:

Olympiakos-in

Ergotelis-out

Atromitos-out

Kalamaria-in

Rapid Bucharest-in

Aris-out

Larisa-in

PSG-out (we can rest some starters for the next game ;) )

Kerkyra-out

Egaleo-in

Ionikos-out

Xanthi-out

Panionios-in

With a good win on Sunday we can build some momentum..

I actually enjoy listening the game on the radio. Especially when Kontos runs out of breath screaming like a maniac when the ball is ten meters away from our box :LOL:

The guy gets stressed out when the other team has the ball even if there is no real danger. He makes even the most boring games exciting...

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Dude I am exacly like that! I swear, the opposing team might have the ball in midfield with no danger and I'm on the brink of a panic attack!! The worst I've ever experienced is during Euro 2004, I'm sure I had 6-7 undetected strokes during that period!!! And when I can't see the game I'm worse, I want to be sick EVERYTIME!!! Therefore, as you can imagine, I can't handle the radio I NEED to see the game. :D

great win... this is the country thats ahead of us in the UEFA standings

ha! not for long!

PAO win, OSFP tied AEK won...

and

Mlada lost

Sparta Praha lost to Zulte 3-1 :LOL:

Liberec is down 3-0 with 10 mins left to Braga

about time things start turning around for Greece and for PAO. Of what I hear it wasnt just another scrap win which is a big relief.

Great week for Greece's co-efficient.

About time we started to halt the downfall.

Bravo green people. Was encouraging to see 6 of the 11 on the pitch being Greek as well.

Like Juan Roman Rocha said last saturday on ANT, that Greek teams need to have Greek players playing regularly as this when we are at our most successful in Europe.

ok..heres alittle view of the game...firstly everyne was upset that biscan got started as a central defender but, i hate to say it but he played a great match..he looked strong with morris who only looked alittle unstable right at the end...nilson played his best game as a pao player by far..if he can always play like this that would be amazing..vyntra did well with an incredible tackle at the end to save us..nice to see our greek players playing as well...manztios,leontiou, tsiolis, darlas and theodirdis are the future of our club so its nice to see them playing and doing well..manztios did incredibly today as well..took the chance munoz gave him and made something out of it...victor is getting better by every game and will become a great great asset to our tam..his touch and vision can help us very much through the midfield....darlas did well but it is obvious that he lacks matches bc of the fact that he looked less promising in the second half..romero also did alot for the team as well..i hate bitching abut the refs but this was a brutal game..the mlada players were hacking at our players very badly..some badly timed tackles and some careless defending throughout the pitch hurt our players especially before the big derby, i was a shame to see ivansitzch get injured..it didnt look serious but i hope it is what it seems and mb can make the game this weekend..overall, our team looked extremely spirited and had drive which is something that has been steadily ncreasing since munz came on..we still have alot of work to do as mlada are a average team..the away win is good, but lets face it, we should be winning against these sorts of teams..

whoever is saying that our qualification is set is wrong..guys, we have 2 wins in two games..its a great start but lets not overreact..there is still alot of hard work to be done in order to qualify and as we know in europe, anything can happen..

another thing..before the match started and the starting 11 came out, people were bitching about who was playing..listen, munoz knows best, we have to put our faith in ONE coach..he is undoubtably a good coach(which is more then i can say for the last few)..he knws what he is doing and any team he fields, i will have faith in..if we would have lost this game even if we played incredibly, everyone would have been at his throat..so have some patience and faith..

we have a long way to go as a team before we are playing our best game..we look to be on good course so lets hope it all contnues...

one more point..CONGRATS TO ALL GREEK TEAMS IN EUROPE..NO LOSES THIS WEEK AND LETS KEEP IT THAT WAY!!!!!! ELLAS OLE!

just read an update on ivansitzh and he got 10 stitches on his knee so i dunno if he will be able to make the weekend..i once got 5 stitches on the outside of the knee and 4 on the inside and was still very sore after a week..but then again i wasnt a pro footballer :D

Pao123, thanks for the nice review. You are right, nothing is over yet and I hope we push for a win in against both Dinamo and PSG. I did not watch the game but every report raves about Biscan and Nilsson, and that's certainly a nice bonus beyond the victory. We all want these players to rise to the occasion and I hope they repeat this performance against Olympiakos.

10 stitches should not keep Ivanschitz out of such game. Pap is prepared to play with one leg B)

Also, no one was complaining about the players before the game.

just read an update on ivansitzh and he got 10 stitches on his knee so i dunno if he will be able to make the weekend..i once got 5 stitches on the outside of the knee and 4 on the inside and was still very sore after a week..but then again i wasnt a pro footballer :D

You also sound like a bit of a pansy, so I wouldn't compare you to pro footballers, only George Michael or Andy Dick.

Outside and inside??? Dude what did you do? Did it involve a cheese-grater???

It's 100% Munoz gentlemen. This guy has made an immediate impact. I'm not a person of faith, especially when it comes to placing it with humans, but Munoz has given this team a purpose and has made a proper team out of a "thiaso"

The players (including the overpaid & big slacker Biscan) try harder now and they show ORGANIZED play, unlike before this coach arrived.

Anyway, this was a great win, good for the team's morale and for Greece's points. [though I'm afraid Greece doesn't have 6 strong teams to play in Europe].

The derby next Sunday will be determined in the details. I think both teams aren't at peak, but the difference may be who wants it more and who avoids the big mistakes. Btw, I wish Munoz had been with us since the summer, but I'm sure he knows quite a bit about gavroi and Solid to checkmate them.. :bangin:

With the QUALITY of players that PAO has it shouldnt surprise anyone that they beat a team like Boleslav. All they had been missing was someone who can tell them what to do. Munoz seems to have made an immediate impact on this group of players and i can honestly say that for the first time in maybe 5 years, i actually like watching pao play football. If u think about it, even in the game against AEK, we played great quality football in the first half, if u abibe by the definition of football, however, according to Munoz, the teams conditioning was not up to par, and left the team strugglin for air in the latter 45.

More and more, the conditioning is picking up, and the team has just come off two very decent performances. the finishing touch is all that is needed. Salpi scored a great goal after a superb pass by Viktor and maybe 2 minutes later leontiou missed a tete a tete. this is where u would want to put a team away. 0-2 at that point would have maybe caused Boleslav to drop to their knees and not have pressured us afteewards, and would have evidently made the win look even greater and much more dominant.

But as i have been sayin in previous posts, they should not change coaches as often as they do. Maybe Bakke was a mistake. Maybe Malesani would have made a difference this year. However, if u keep changing coaches, it doesnt help the players with all the system changes and mixed up ideas and opinions changed every 3 months.

As for tonights game, Pao controlled from beginning to end, (if u exclude the last 3 minutes) where in the recent years, they would have conceeded. Thumbs up for everyone in the lineup, except one player. Vyntra has no business playing every game every minute in the last 3 seasons. he has shown me NO IMPROVEMENT. over the last 1000 days, he has done nothing to show any sign of improvement.

but, with nilsson playin the way he did today, and with the upcoming derby this sunday, lets say that if castillo does a number on Vyntra, he wont be starting every game, that im sure of.

In fact, im going to find out viktor munoz email address and have a bunch of people i know email him to plead vyntra off the team.

He lacks speed, ball control, he has a crappy cross, he sucks at passing and he seems to dribble into traffic on more then one occasion.

But if Vyntra is the only thing i can be pissed at after a european game, then ill take it. But he is a weakness no doubt.

On to OAKA, and lets hope for a 1-0 win to shut the g avros up for a few weeks.

But with our luck, we will lose. either way, if they play well, ill be happy. Glory days are ahead.

Viktor Munoz seems to be a rare but fruitful decision made by Tzigger.

Later skaters

ditto on Vintra. Saw the game and was not impressed with his speed and poise. Yes, he did have the saving tackle in the end but that does not make up for the rest.

Biscan played a good game as did Darlas. Mantzios did extremely well and I hope that Munoz gives him more opportunities in the future. His height and power complement the shorter Paps/Salp.

Outside and inside??? Dude what did you do? Did it involve a cheese-grater???

i was tackled from behind on hard turf and fell ackwardly right on the corner of my kneecap..pansy? file, when u have stiches on your knee you are not suppose to bend it at all or else u re-tear the wound or it takes twice as long to heal..ill take you on a pitch any day :D

Archived