Phantis Forums

PAO-AEK

cyberfish

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pathetic 2nd half - absolutely no attacking imagination whatsoever.

Nothing like the 1st .....very very disappointing.

We looked tired and disinterested and there was no player

to lift the team as they were flat as a tack.

Similar sh%t to the crap we played with Bakke but not having a go

at Munoz.

The players must take responsibility as we've seen these type of

performances once 2 many times from the same group of players.

AND NO MORE INTERVIEWS ABOUT BUSTING YOUR GUT FOR THE TEAM AND WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP .... EITHER SHOW IT ON THE FIELD

OR PISS OFF AND LET SOMEONE ELSE TAKE YOUR SPOT.

kasnaferis and gave 4 minutes of extra time instead of 6!

and cesar was 1 meter offside according to fifa rules on the goal!

cesar is moving towards the ball and therefore is 100% offside!

now next year we can say once again to kasnaferis where is our money from the cl.

but kasnaferis aside we where not good in the 2nd only in the 1st 5-6 minutes of the 2nd but seemed to gain some control minutes before aekaki scored.

especialy salpi was non existant in the 2nd and the lack of more attackers is starting to show.

we only have 3 forwards and that is not enough when u play with 2 each game.

we should have kept 1 of gekas or tsigas and now will have to wait until january.

we should have won the game from the very good 1st half but did not and we are still 5 behind frinos so even if we win againts them we will not pass them!

the next game could be ruining our whole season if we do not win it and it is away againts iraklis who have not won yet and ofcourse they will win 1 day.

The first 10 minutes were great. After the goal we played like idiots. Congratulations to AEK, they were the better team and won fairly. The referee was very good. The penalty was a penalty, and all the cards he gave were fair.

The team run out of steam half way through the game. We are paying for the summer sins.

Munoz is learning what we have known since last year: Biscan can't play, and when you play with a man down you lose 9 out of 10 games. I was not expecting miracles from Munoz, so I don't blame him for trying.

We had five offensive players and four defenders (that adds up to nine because the tenth player contributes no more than the corner flag), but we could not keep the ball. We have to win the ball before we can keep it.

We need not one, but four defenders. With the exception of Morris no one can stop opponents one-on-one.

Forget this championship. Let's treat it like practice and hope to have a few good games in Europe.

Kai tou xronou na 'maste kala

yes we only won 1 of last 5 athenian derbies and lost the rest <_<

the good year and the championship where lost in 2nd matchday againts ionikos!

it was the very clear that day that we had made a shiity preseason training both tackticaly and in terms of physical training wich now has to be improoved by munoz.

THANKS 2 THE TEAMS FOR A SUCH A GOOD GAME !!

AEKaRAMOU

what good game?

pao website are still asleep!

btw the next 2 games should be something like this iraklara away and frinos at home :unsure:

if we dont win both then we are also with 90% out of the 2nd place

btw the next 2 games should be something like this iraklara away and frinos at home :unsure:

okay now that sounds shitty!! with this team, i sense only two points out of these games.. i was discussing the issue "CAN THIS TEAM ALWAYS FORCE ITS OPPONENTS TO MAKE SUCH MISTAKES?" after the Hapoel game with cyber, and it's now obvious that the lads cannot get it right against stronger teams.. and this stronger team has just one point from its three games in the CL's way too easiest group!! :o

MAY GOD HELP THE SPANIARD!! :blink:

okay now that sounds shitty!! with this team, i sense only two points out of these games.. i was discussing the issue "CAN THIS TEAM ALWAYS FORCE ITS OPPONENTS TO MAKE SUCH MISTAKES?" after the Hapoel game with cyber, and it's now obvious that the lads cannot get it right against stronger teams.. and this stronger team has just one point from its three games in the CL's way too easiest group!! :o

Oxi re psile, o Kaznaferhs ftaiei pou den edwse ena parapanw korner sto lago...

Oso o bazelos opados exei muala sa tou slick13 mia zwh karpazes 8a trwei.. xekolate pia me th diaithsia kai koitakste ta mavra sas ta xalia

Oso o bazelos opados exei muala sa tou slick13 mia zwh karpazes 8a trwei.. xekolate pia me th diaithsia kai koitakste ta mavra sas ta xalia

milaei aftos pou exase apo ton atromito!!! :LOL:

prin tsougras ton allon.... kita ta xalia sou prwta :)

Overall not a good game for us although we were a little better in the 1st half. This is only the second game w/ Munoz so what did you expect, magic? The penalty for AEK was bullsh it but hey, if we had won, that would have been it for AEK, no chance of finishing in the top 3 and thats what they want, the big 3. What are they calling this? The superleague? More like the stupidleague. At any rate it should have ended 1-1.

milaei aftos pou exase apo ton atromito!!! :LOL:

prin tsougras ton allon.... kita ta xalia sou prwta :)

Egw exasa ap'ton atromhto (mia xara htta htan btw gia na xupnhsei o kosmakhs) alla eimai kabala st'alogo 5 pontakia...

Kai pousai ? Th me8epomenh kuriakh 8a eimai 8 kai ante geia...

Sou eipa, ka8arise tis tsimples kai xupna koroido...

AEKARAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA MOU!!!!!!!!!!

The result is what counts. I watch the game and the 1st half belong to PAO the 2nd half was AEK. Maybe the the "right" result would have been a draw but it wasn't. I am glad we won.

AEKARAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA MOU!!!!!!!!!!

The result is what counts. I watch the game and the 1st half belong to PAO the 2nd half was AEK. Maybe the the "right" result would have been a draw but it wasn't. I am glad we won.

tell this to your friend nightsurfer who thinks he knows football... :LOL:

theres only one person to blame this game on and thats bakke

we lost this game bc of our lack of physical fitness...this showed in the 2nd half

our performance was good and encouranging in the first...whats more we moved the ball around well

but when the players got tired (around 55 - 60 min mark) it was absolutely really painful to watch

they couldnt even drag their own feet - the gap between def - mid got big as did the gap between mid - att

i do not blame munoz and in fact i think he is an awesome coach and personality

if anything - maybe bring on mantzios earlier and drop biscan but i do not think bovio is a class above biscan!

Adonis makes an interesting point about conditioning. We had the same year last year. Earlier when we sent a couple players to PAOK (for Salpi) it was told that they were NOT fit to play!

Anyway, I like what I see from Munoz this far. He got a team out of shape and with players he did not choose, and didn't have pre-season time to work on tactics. I've said it before, if we win the derbies we'll win the title, but we keep digging a bigger hole for ourselves. If we beat gavroi twice and AEK we can still do it, but this is football and you can't control everything.

I'm not getting younger and I'm really tired waiting to see a great PAO team. It's been 10 years... You judge a great team not only by what's doing domestically but especially in euro play. We can't change, PAO is our team, but I hope this new coach works long-term and has the authority to reshape the team.

I think the first half was the best we played this year--which is a very positive thing. It means that Munoz can make a difference.

Btw, I think we need better defensemen. And for $3.5 million Biscan is a disgrace.

I watched the game again, and with a cooler mind it looked like we played very well in the first half. The lines were in good shape and close together, and the players looked composed and disciplined. Victor was the best player and the only one who was effective as a DM. For such a finesse player he knows how to tackle, and how to defend in space. He also run like hell the entire first half. I would love to see him as a winger at some point.

On offense we had some quick combinations and I hope we will see more of that. So far they are sporadic and far in between. Most attempts were from our right through Romero who had a more attacking role in the game. Not many attempts from the left were Seric rarely advances close to goal, and Ivanschitz had a mediocre game in a pure LM role, with very few runs towards goal.

Up front Salpigidis looked like a little kid among men. Not once did he win a fight against the AEK stoppers. Papadopoulos run a lot and had some good attempts but nothing to write home about (besides the excellent goal).

Besides the conditioning talk, we also should look at the shape of the team when defending set pieces. Everyone looks stressed, and in corners, the entire team looks out of sorts. The team looks unprepared in many areas beyond conditioning.

I played back the corner that resulted in the penalty for AEK frame by frame. We have 7 players in the box, and three are around Lyberopoulos, one is guarding the near post and another three are guarding 3 AEK players. Tsirilo is all alone around the penalty spot, and Delas pulls Goumas with both hands away from the play while the ball is in the air. As Ebede attempts a maybe-maybe-not-o-what-the-heck attempt to attack the ball, Delas has pulled Goumas 7 steps back to prevent him from jumping for the ball (maybe they had both locked hands, but Delas is pulling Goumas like a rug doll). A moment later, Delas sees the ball coming towards him and attempts to disengage from Goumas. Goumas is still holding though and that's when the ref saw them. Since he didn't see the Delas foul he had to give the Penalty. No complains from me about the ref. Goumas should have known better than to be thrown around by Delas. Ebede shares the blame here for not clearing the ball.

In the corner that resulted in the second goal by AEK same thing happened. We had 8 players in the box, and they were all bunched-up leaving Delas all alone in the back corner. Goumas jumped all alone to head the ball out but while he was in the air an AEK player jumped and pushed him on his back (no foul) resulting in a weak header that fell right into Delas' lap. It is embarasing to see a player like Delas with all this time dribbling inside our penalty area.

Besides conditioning, I don't think the team has worked on defending corners. There is a lot of work ahead, and I hope Munoz is up for it.

The referee was good (even though he did not see Delas pulling on Goumas--there were many players in his line of sight), but the assistants were atrocious. The one on the right of the TV gave an "out" when Vintra crossed the ball from the line in the first half, then he marked Sezar offsides when he was not, and gave a corner to us that was not. Someone get these guy some glasses.

Bottom line, I think I saw some good plays in the first half from our team. It looks like Munoz is making a difference and it looks like the bad play in the second half was the result of bad conditioning (thanks to Bake's part-time conditioning coach) because we were outrun big time and were always second to the ball.

Let's hope this gets fixed soon, but also let's hope we get some defenders in December.

cyberfish, well said

if we played last nite in the 2nd half like we did in the first than we would of won - i maintain this!

I think one solution to our problem upfront is to drop salpigidis for a few games to mantzios

this will at least show him that his spot in the team is not guarnteed bc lets face it, his started every game and not done since alot was promised (ok dont reply and say he scored a hat trick first game bc i salute him for it)

i think the problems in the team lie in defence - we need stability and also

some players think and play like they have their position in the team week in week out

players need to prove they want their team - eg ivanshitz, great player we saw it a few weeks ago but lets not hope it didnt get to him bc last nite he was a lil too quiet than wat we need

romero was good but there is room for improvement (perhaps i am been a bit harsh here)

victor was great (eki who? LOL)

my main problem lies with vyntra - the kid is a liability and has no skill - eg when he stole the ball on the wing took it to the line beat the keeper yet cut it to no one - i am not sure if anyone was in the box but he was in a great position and all he did was drill it across the box

Archived