Phantis Forums

PAO-AEK

cyberfish

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have to realize that the game was something like a friendly pre-season game for us against a full fit team!

When you have a brand new coach with a different point of view, when the team has strength for only 45 mins and when (apparently-hopefully) now they are practicing and training what they should have done in the summer then you can't really expect a lot. Even against this AEK that didn't look dangerous at all, despite their possesion!

From that point of view, I just try to stay calm.... :P

...and hope for a good second round...

We have to realize that the game was something like a friendly pre-season game for us against a full fit team!

When you have a brand new coach with a different point of view, when the team has strength for only 45 mins and when (apparently-hopefully) now they are practicing and training what they should have done in the summer then you can't really expect a lot. Even against this AEK that didn't look dangerous at all, despite their possesion!

From that point of view, I just try to stay calm.... :P

...and hope for a good second round...

Great point!

The players were doing stretching exercises during the game whenever they could. The team is in the middle of a late preseason and the legs are "tight" from rigorous exercise.

i was confident pao would catch olympiakos especially when they lost 1-0 to atromitos.

we will not catch them. we will always be 2nd best

We're paying for the horrible mistakes of our management--let's not forget this even if Munoz turns out to be a fantastic coach. We've lost many years due to incompetence.

We used to own AEK, but in the last 4-5 years, AEK has thrashed us.

As of now regarding the championship these are the 2 important factors:

1. How gavroi respond to their own crisis. I still think they have a crappy team but they know how to get results in Greece.

2. There are still several derbies left. If we beat gavroi and AEK we'll can win it, but every year we dig big holes for ourselves. Obviously, beating gavroi in 2 weeks is an absolute necessity. I repeat, the derbies determine the title in Greece. AEK is one point below us so we're still in control of our fate. Our 2 games against gavroi are really worth 12 points for the winner. [it sounds counter-intuitive, but think that 2 wins get you 6 points that you take away from your MAIN competitor... Last year, Oly was 12 points up, but had we won our two games against them, we'd be EVEN!)

As for the violence, I agree with Demis. You can't hold accountable the team when the team is not in control. It only takes a dozen idots to hurt the team; and we know they exist everywhere. I really don't understand why the greek state isn't interested in stopping this violence.

Have you heard if we may play without fans against the gavroi?

i was confident pao would catch olympiakos especially when they lost 1-0 to atromitos.

we will not catch them. we will always be 2nd best

ela re levendi2000 o pistos sou pou einai, AEK and olympiakos will lose other games this year, you cant always win.

We will take the top spot and the CL im sure of that

Have you heard if we may play without fans against the gavroi?

As far as I know, with the new "superleague" rules, when a club is held accountable for fan violence it is charged only with money penalty. You are lucky, if you remember the Panionios vs Osfp game :)

1. How gavroi respond to their own crisis. I still think they have a crappy team but they know how to get results in Greece.

We do (have a crappy team) ! But, sadly, champion will be the less crappy of all. It's a very bad year for Greek football. Perhaps Aek will be the only one with positive prospects in the long run.

I think that, if Kokkalis will not fire Sollied this year, Osfp will recover. I'm not saying that they will play superb football, they will recover enough for just winning the title.

I know it's a bit off topic but Sollied is a great coach and I just cannot catch why OSFP is trying to fire him. Their team is incompetent not the coach and he's only made one crap signing (Ouaddou). I wonder who will OSFP appoint after they sack him -hope they not-. It's going to be some crappy and incompetent Greek coach who is two shirts below the level of Sollied (Mancourakis, Lemonis or --always beware of the worst-- Alefados the Madman!!) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I am proud of the remarks that Dellas made about the, "kathikia", (so called fans) from both teams.

Throw the pieces of Sh@@ in jail. :angry: They are the worst enemy of our football. <_<

This game was a showcase of the repeated failures of Panathinaikos' "leadership". :tdown:

-Bake has done more damage to the team, than any of the previously fired coaches. PAO will take till the end of the year to recover from that.

-Biscan is crap. His contract should have been bough out, like Flavio's. Good news is, it expires in June :tup:

-Vyntra needs some bench time. He is too cheap and young, to get rid of, yet.

-Players like Seric, Nilsson, Andric, are better than cheaper Greek young talent? ;)

-PAO has been giving away good Greek players for several years. Many of which are doing very well, and were never replaced.

-Regardless of their talent, why are players like Zikos, Dellas, Kapetanos, Lagos, choosing AEK?

How will PAO be able to compete with gauro, and AEK in the domestic market?

The upside is that ...

Munioz has made a positive impact in such little time.

It is obvious that PAO played according to his instructions only for the first 30 mins.

During that time, PAO pressed, passed, and had an element of speed that has been missing. I love to see him on the side lines asking for the quick pass.

If the fans and management let him work, he will have a positive effect on this team. Results will follow.

The game:

PAO players did the best they could, during the 30 mins they actually played.

At that time, the score could have easily been 2-0.

I expect much more from Salpi and Ivan. Goumas was at fault in both goals...

Mostly uninspired performances. Ebede was the exception, but could have prevented the penalty, had he handled the ball better in the cross.

Romero tries, Papa fights, Victor needs time, he still has technique :)

The result was given to AEK, who deserved at least a tie.

However the loss is nothing, compared to the disgraceful second half PAO "play".

Kalitzakis put it very well :

"Ama paixei o PAO etsi me ton Olympiako, kallitera na mhn katevei..." :nono:

Once again PAO fans are asked to exercise, what they have been for the last few seasons, PATIENCE! :whistle:

PEACE

Pao needs someone who knows about football to be the decision maker for a few years. Last time we won a championship Zaets (hated as he was by fans and players) worked on a plan. It wasn't stellar, but got as a double.

Maybe we can find someone to be the interface between the coach and management. It is obvious that management has trouble planning strategically. Throwing money at short term solutions doesn't often work, especially if you don't have enough money to throw.

Munoz looks like the real deal so far. Maybe he can put some order in the house, and I hope he stays a long time to be able to work with players and a system of his own choosing.

I agree with Trifili on all the points above. Especially about the ridiculous fans we have.

These fans who go to the game to get into fights, are a disgrace to the team and the Greek nation. Shame! The behavior of these fans is completely inexcusable and pathetic.

Cyberfish, you make good points in this forum, but I have to disagree with you on one thing: Zaets! That's exactly what we don't need! Zaets would butt in and mess things up and not let the coach be the coach. As for the double, I believe it was an accident, some lucky but brilliant plays at the right moment (just think of Olizadebe goal in the 95', 1 second before final whistle against PAOK; and the last game against Paniliakos.. just to mention a couple instances). We were a disaster of a team. That was the year I watched lots of videtape and if I were not a PAO fan I'd never watch that... It was horrible! We never had a team, you know, having a game plan and put 2-3 passes together!

We need to let Munoz be the football boss! And, Tzigger should let him get rid and hire players, and promote Greek talent.

As for the violence.... I really don't understand why it still is allowed and nothing serious is being done. You guys are right: it's a total disgrace to our nation, in this 21st century!

We need to let Munoz be the football boss! And, Tzigger should let him get rid and hire players, and promote Greek talent.

totally agree...how much freedom is he given to do what he may think is right with this small contract????

totally agree...how much freedom is he given to do what he may think is right with this small contract????
Totaly agree as well,

I guess what I did not make clear is that I think Munoz should be running the show. I was thinking about someone who should be keeping management out of Munoz's business.

Regarding Zaets, I also agree with Athinaios about our play, except, I don't think it was accidental that we had a "footballer" at the helm and we were able to win something. It was not just the Olisadebe goals that gave us the championship. It was also the brilliant play of Papadopoulos (17 goals in 26 games), the amazing LFB called Munch, the nice play of the newcomer Gonzales (5 goals in 11 games), and the zero loses on derbies. The luck we had at the end was the cherry on top. Also, this was the year I remember the team prepared well in the summer with many strong friendlies to forge the starters.

It's early to judge Munoz, but one impression I get by his first two games is that he has a lot of pride and he would not let anyone get in his way. I remember him as a player, and while he was not flashier than the other Spaniards, he was a tenacious workhorse on the field. I hope he instills some of his instincts to our players. I am prepared to ride the tiger with him for a couple of years if he agrees to stay.

With the addition of couple of defenders in December we have the personnel to play some good football.

I agree with Trifili on all the points above. Especially about the ridiculous fans we have.

As for the double, I believe it was an accident, some lucky but brilliant plays at the right moment. We were a disaster of a team.

The words of true clear thinking, objective fans :)

cyberfish :tup: athinaios :tup:

I agree with pretty much everything you mentioned.

-Biscan is crap. His contract should have been bough out, like Flavio's. Good news is, it expires in June  :tup:

I may be getting my wish ;)

Use the $$$ for a quality right back...

PEACE

Both teams were fined heavily.

Victor played in midfield again (in the same position Bovio was used before) and impressed me in the first half with his fight and skills. Although his performance was not what we would call stellar, he showed that he can add quality to the team.

Archived