Phantis Forums

GREECE-USA 101-95 !!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have the sportcenter announcers making fun of the Greek players names, while showing highlights of Greece dominating the USA. :blink:

A lot of people talk about how bad the USA played, and forget to mention how great Greece played. As if to say "you only won because we didn't play well."

Sometimes when teams "don't play well" it's because their opponents play very well. It's called defense, stopping the other team, confusing them, playing smarter than your opponent. ;)

We were the better TEAM, plain and simple. Sour grapes just shows arrogance.

I must admit one of the ESPN announcers during the game was kind, and it was nice to hear him praising the Greek team. He must have had some knowledge of international basketball because he even praised Greece during a USA game in the group stages. One announcer even said "I'm really not surprised Greece won the game."

This shows class :tup:. Complimenting the team that won and and recognizing their victory as well deserved, and not because "we didn't play well".

oh my God!!  :) I was away at school today and had no access to internet and I was truly shocked when the sports announcer in NTV said it will be a "GREECE-SPAIN" final!!  ;)

I never thought Greece could have beaten the US but after seeing today's game I have to say that this US team is clearly spiritless!! Turkey and even Brazil gave Greece a closer fight..or at least, these teams put up a fight.. that's what USA lack!!

and that 6 mins in the second quarter(22-5 Greece run), along with Turkey's OT run against Lietuva yesterday (20-7) were simply the best of its kind..

BRAVO GUYS and BRAVO SHORTSANIDIS!!  :tup: --yeah, that's my man--  :D

by the way, I'm terribly disappointed with the Spaniard team playing in the final.. I mean Argentina deserve to be there.. and the Spaniard team w/o any stars.. Greece will rape them in the final!!  :tup: deservedly so..  :tup:

by the way, I'm terribly disappointed with the Spaniard team playing in the final.. I mean Argentina deserve to be there.. and the Spaniard team w/o any stars.. Greece will rape them in the final!! deservedly so..

Well I am a spanish fan and Spain is superior to argentina it was shown today we had a bad game and still won. Let´s see what happens in the final. I see you lot greek fans overconfident about your victory. You have it easy isn´t it? Gasol will probably miss he match and that´s like if greece was playing without papaloukas and prolly kakiouzis and another player.( i mean all togheter)

Congratulations for greece it was a great game amazing . I see today you played the best game of your life ! I mean greece always plays slow and with really low results i mean to score 60 points or so, that´s yannakis tactics. Spain plays different, I like more the spanish style, and that is not patriotism, it´s only taste for good basketball!!!!

But greece today impressed me, what a show i really wanted greece to win because you played incredibly, let´s not forget that spain has also defeated the american dream team four years ago !!!!! . And we were playing in the USA indianapolis!!!

I only wanted to reply to your post about raping spain i think it´s bad taste, i only hope the best wins. And if the best is greece then i will congratulate you!. But spain will fight until the last second , and if gasol plays , or even without him we will fight to win be sure.

Greece is a great team such is spain. Spain deserves to win it prolly more than greece since it´s a top level team for much longer than greece if you look at the results of the continental tournaments and world tournaments of the last 10 or even 20 years . And since in the last O G we were the best team and we met the worse team, the USA in quarters having beating italy and argentina both got medals.

ESPAÑA LA MEJOR

:LOL:

WE WILL SEE IF IT´S SO EASY TO RAPE SPAIN . LET´S SEE WHO LAUGHS AFTER THE FINAL .

Amigo, you're completely out to lunch!

So you have good taste in basketball, ie. Spain basketball is better than Greek. We have taste in poor basketball apparently. Hmmm. How can a system that relies so heavily on one player that his absence is catastrophic, be considered better? Explain this to me.

And the comment about Greece playing slow? Well we certainly had some Americans running around pretty good, superstar players with superior athleticism (considerably superior to any Spanish player). Also, who ever said Greece under Giannakis scores 60 pts, dude? Have you been following this tourney. Did you see what happened today? We're averaging probably over 90 pts in this WC. Get the facts.

Spain is not a great team, period. Gasol is a superstar, sure but it's about 'team', buddy, not any one player.

And honestly you really believe you beat a 'dream team'in '02? Reggie Miller and co? Oh yeah, some dream team that was. That US team was probably worse than the previous college teams they had playing these tourneys. Don't tell me that Spain is better because of the 'high level blah blah blah' of the last 10-20 years.

It's about recent history. Did you win Euro title last year? Honestly, your arguments are pathetic.

No offense, but both in foot and basket, Spain has been eternal pretender, and never manages to win the big game. I can't explain it, but it just is like that.

It just isn't enough to finish second, man.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived