Phantis Forums

GREECE-USA 101-95 !!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GREECE FG 35/56 62.5% 2 pt FG 27/38 71.1% 3 pt FG 8/18 44.4% FT 23/33 69.7% 27 rebs total 4 off 23 def 19 ast 25 PF 11 TO 4 stl 1 BS 101 Pts

UNTIED STATES FG 33/66 50% 2 pt FG 24/38 63.2% 3 pt FG 9/28 32.1% FT 20/34 58.8% 32 rebs total 14 off 18 def 17 Ast 26 PF 10 TO 4 stl BS 7 95 pts

Courtesy from FIBA

The world has a new DREAM TEAM!

its quite funny if you have a look at different us sport sites. they don't really seem to care about it. that is most probably also the reason why they lost today - and the last times at big tournaments. their team(s) don't have the heart that is needed to win such a tournament, they don't have the team spirit to form a strong unit and most of all they don't have a whole nation standing behind them.

this is truly brilliant i am so happy you cannot beleive. This team has so much more heart and we are one game short of being the world champions. NBA players are NOT THAT AMAZING........For the MILLIONTH TIME!!! BASKETBALL IS A TEAM SPORT!

and Spanoulis left PAO to be with those losers? what th

Hellenism. You cant beat it.

NBA.com: Biggest shock of the championships..........:LOL:

GET OVER YOURSELVES YOU ARROGANT DOUCHEBAGS!!!!

Greece was undefeated team and was playing top level teams....if anybody was going to beat USA it was going to be Greece or Argentina!!!

Even my american friends are saying.....yeah greece still isnt that good. we must have had a bad game....pure ###### ignorance. We can beat them a hundred times and they will not accept that there are players out there as good as them....a day im ashamed to be part american because of the bs responses and proud to be GREEK!

When TSARTSARIS has 12 assists.....:LOL:

I woke up with allergies, had a glass bottle explode and cut my face, missed all my classes.....and I FEEL ###### GREAT.

evalagoal: THAT IS FIGHTING SPIRIT!!!! WHAT A TEAM!!!! :nw:

SIKWSE TO, TO GAMMHMENO, DE MPORW DE MPORW NA PERINMENW!!!!!!

EINAI VARIA-VARIA I P@UTSA TOU TSOLIA :gr: :gr: :gr:

TI EXO NA PO TORA STA AMERIKANAKIA SIMERA :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

SIKOSE TO TO g*****EN@ DE MPORO DE MPORO NA PERIMENO :gr: :gr: :gr:

oh my God!! :) I was away at school today and had no access to internet and I was truly shocked when the sports announcer in NTV said it will be a "GREECE-SPAIN" final!! ;)

I never thought Greece could have beaten the US but after seeing today's game I have to say that this US team is clearly spiritless!! Turkey and even Brazil gave Greece a closer fight..or at least, these teams put up a fight.. that's what USA lack!!

and that 6 mins in the second quarter(22-5 Greece run), along with Turkey's OT run against Lietuva yesterday (20-7) were simply the best of its kind..

BRAVO GUYS and BRAVO SHORTSANIDIS!! :tup: --yeah, that's my man-- :D

by the way, I'm terribly disappointed with the Spaniard team playing in the final.. I mean Argentina deserve to be there.. and the Spaniard team w/o any stars.. Greece will rape them in the final!! :tup: deservedly so.. :tup:

I never thought Greece could have beaten the US but after seeing today's game I have to say that this US team is clearly spiritless!! Turkey and even Brazil gave Greece a closer fight..or at least, these teams put up a fight.. that's what USA lack!!

Actually, what USA lacked was a coach who knew what he was doing..."Coach K" was taken to school by Giannakis today.

Greece's MVP in the tournament thus far is not Spanoulis, Fotsis or Diamantidis... it has been the "Drakos" who is proving why he is one of the best coaches in the world.

Well done, Greece...good luck against Spain. :tup:

oh my God!! :) I was away at school today and had no access to internet and I was truly shocked when the sports announcer in NTV said it will be a "GREECE-SPAIN" final!! ;)

and that 6 mins in the second quarter(22-5 Greece run), along with Turkey's OT run against Lietuva yesterday (20-7) were simply the best of its kind..

BRAVO GUYS and BRAVO SHORTSANIDIS!! :tup: --yeah, that's my man-- :D

by the way, I'm terribly disappointed with the Spaniard team playing in the final.. I mean Argentina deserve to be there.. and the Spaniard team w/o any stars.. Greece will rape them in the final!! :tup: deservedly so.. :tup:

by the way, I'm terribly disappointed with the Spaniard team playing in the final.. I mean Argentina deserve to be there.. and the Spaniard team w/o any stars.. Greece will rape them in the final!! deservedly so..

Well I am a spanish fan and Spain is superior to argentina it was shown today we had a bad game and still won. Let´s see what happens in the final. I see you lot greek fans overconfident about your victory. You have it easy isn´t it? Gasol will probably miss he match and that´s like if greece was playing without papaloukas and prolly kakiouzis and another player.( i mean all togheter)

Congratulations for greece it was a great game amazing . I see today you played the best game of your life ! I mean greece always plays slow and with really low results i mean to score 60 points or so, that´s yannakis tactics. Spain plays different, I like more the spanish style, and that is not patriotism, it´s only taste for good basketball!!!!

But greece today impressed me, what a show i really wanted greece to win because you played incredibly, let´s not forget that spain has also defeated the american dream team four years ago !!!!! . And we were playing in the USA indianapolis!!!

I only wanted to reply to your post about raping spain i think it´s bad taste, i only hope the best wins. And if the best is greece then i will congratulate you!. But spain will fight until the last second , and if gasol plays , or even without him we will fight to win be sure.

Greece is a great team such is spain. Spain deserves to win it prolly more than greece since it´s a top level team for much longer than greece if you look at the results of the continental tournaments and world tournaments of the last 10 or even 20 years . And since in the last O G we were the best team and we met the worse team, the USA in quarters having beating italy and argentina both got medals.

ESPAÑA LA MEJOR

:LOL:

WE WILL SEE IF IT´S SO EASY TO RAPE SPAIN . LET´S SEE WHO LAUGHS AFTER THE FINAL .

Juanjo,

Greece did lose a player. Through Injury... He is called Zisis and he is super! But this is not the case!

I think that a team to win the World Championship has to have depth and many good players.

Spain has them and I am sure that it will be a tough and interesting final...

But its not our fault you depend on Gasol so much!

We dont. We have 12 equally as goodp layers and all of them play fantastic basketball..

So if Greece had its own STAR and we missed him .... yes ... we could compare the loss to yours ...

But we have 12 stars and all are almost equal...

Anyway, as our coach said "Basketball at that level must be played by the best and we would love to face gasol too! "

Or do you think that Carmello Anthony and LeBron James were not as good ...?

Well we did beat them today...

So I would advise you to believe in your GOOD (because they are very good) team and stop trying to prepare excuses in the case you lose from now!

Let the best team win ...

We will surelly enjoy the match whatever the outcome

Welcome to our forum ...

Enjoy the final!

Juanjo,

Greece did lose a player. Through Injury... He is called Zisis and he is super! But this is not the case!

I think that a team to win the World Championship has to have depth and many good players.

We dont. We have 12 equally as goodp layers and all of them play fantastic basketball..

So if Greece had its own STAR and we missed him .... yes ... we could compare the loss to yours ...

Anyway, as our coach said "Basketball at that level must be played by the best and we would love to face gasol too! "

So I would advise you to believe in your GOOD (because they are very good) team and stop trying to prepare excuses in the case you lose from now!

Welcome to our forum ...

Enjoy the final!

You are right greece outplayed the NBA team

Greece was impressive today and I was happy because you won, because you have shown that there´s good bball in europe . I am not giving excuses, all I am saying is that we will have to play with the guys we´ve in our team . Of course you cannot deny that gasol is a super star , he´s the most decisive player of the world championship, it is not an excuse it´s obvious. He´s a clue for us.

Greece is a balanced team , spanoulis today played incredible and tshortsanidis . It will be a tough game for spain because we need the best navarro and the best felipe reyes and garbajosa etc etc to win against greece without gasol.

Linked to what i posted before i want to tell that spain had also played for the medals in the last european championship WITHOUT PAU GASOL. And we lost in the last second against germany ( which is an inferior team for me, but we still lost).And we also miss FRAN VAZQUEZ a great center i don´t know if you know him but he´s great and he´s not playing lol

Who would not depend on Pau gasol?.

How is it possible that the greek team that won the first european title would have won it without gallis?

You are talking about a super super star, a nba all star a decisive player( a gallis).If greece had a gasol you would depend on him cause he´s so ###### good. Excuse my language.

Anyways greece is favourite because you´re the european champions and you will play with all your players except zisis. While spain will have to play a good defense and run to win . I only hope that navarro, felipe, garbajosa and calderon have a good day and we play a good defense, we are able to win even without PAU the most dominant player of the world championship.

We must stop papaloukas and never let greece take the control of the game. I think the game will be won by the team that controls the timing of the game. And the greeks are the best at it. That makes me think that greece is the favourite.

To the panatinaikos fans i only hope that the referee of the match will be better than the guy that robbed barcelona in the final four i think in 1997 or so . I don´t know if you lot remember how awful was that. Barcelona should have won that final ( tells a barça fan )

HEHEHEHE

Juanjo,

Welcome to our forum ...

Enjoy the final!

Thank you very much .

Yes greece has 12 stars just like spain. I drop the topic ok

But greece doesn´t have one super star like gasol and that is what i mean !!!!!! Prolly papaloukas he´s great ! . But at the same level of pau gasol? I don´t think so. I am not comparing players cause it is ridiculous, but you said that you´ve 12 stars like pau , and that´s not truth cause nobody in europe has a gasol, only germany because they have the best player of the world for me, dirk !!!!!!!!!!!

I was so in joy .. like I were in .... A BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING..... :D

as I had to work...I taped the game... and when I arrived at home in the evening ..I put the video tape....(I did not know the result) the emotions were absolute ..I started to shout around with every point we scored.. I m sure the neighborhood did not know what happens..as they even not know here in Switzerland that the BB World Cup is on... I was more in ecstasy... than in Euro 2004....(due to USA off course)

This is great guys... proud to be of the Greek Community...

180 years ago we were still under slavery...after the Euro 2004..., we achieved again a big victory over the mighty U.S.A. in one of their favorite Sport...

Now on Sunday, we will show Lorenzo Ferrer what a winning spirit is ;)

why cant this guy just admit Greece outplayed the Americans?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writ...rlds/index.html

The guy that wrote this rubbish is a hypocrite and sounds bitter.

I liked this quote:

"...though Wade and James waited an hour -- perhaps wisely -- and thus avoided the crush of Greek reporters who proffered statements rather than questions. For example: "This is a very bad loss for the U.S."

The Greek reporters also hugged and kissed the players (on the cheeks) and cheered loudly and athletically during the game, jumping out of their chairs. It was objective journalism at its finest."

This guy was bitter and hardly unbiased and he's taking shots at the Greek press!

He then goes on to say that the US will be facing an even better team in Argentina. No credit given to Greece who won quite impresively in the end.

Archived