Phantis Forums

France - Greece (Friendly)

Ziaka

File mou I didnt see the game so I'm not judging Samaras on 1 game, but from what I here we had no fight up front. At least with Salpi and Papa they'll make things happen through sheer determination alone.

well, i think you OVERRATE salpi and pap to a certain extent. i am with you on the idea that one of them should start but with both of them up front, i believe the exact opposite of sheer determination. they are very similar although i think maybe pap has more class. they are small and against strong defenders i dont think they will show...

the last 3 games i saw from the ethniki, samaras was our best striker by far. although he can and has to play much better to be a threat offensively.

at the moment i would favour a 4-4-2 with samaras and one of pap or amanatidis up front.

the paixtara lympe is very slow and perhas too slow for international football. i regret saying this because i really am a big lympe fan. he has the occassional great moment but after that 4 games where doesn t do anything at least at ethniki level. therefore i agree to have lympe come off the bench. unfortuntely starting him as an offensive mid hasnt really worked.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, i think you OVERRATE salpi and pap to a certain extent. i am with you on the idea that one of them should start but with both of them up front, i believe the exact opposite of sheer determination. they are very similar although i think maybe pap has more class. they are small and against strong defenders i dont think they will show...

the last 3 games i saw from the ethniki, samaras was our best striker by far. although he can and has to play much better to be a threat offensively.

at the moment i would favour a 4-4-2 with samaras and one of pap or amanatidis up front.

the paixtara lympe is very slow and perhas too slow for international football. i regret saying this because i really am a big lympe fan. he has the occassional great moment but after that 4 games where doesn t do anything at least at ethniki level. therefore i agree to have lympe come off the bench. unfortuntely starting him as an offensive mid hasnt really worked.

File mou we disagree here, but that's the beauty of football. Samaras being our best in last 3 games isn't saying much. We know Haristeas has been poor and no one else has really been getting minutes. Overall Amanatidis has been better given the time he was given. He changed the game along with Salpi in the 2nd half against England, and he hit the post against Norway even though he had little time to impress, so he contributed more in those few minutes than Samaras did the whole game. As for Papa, he may not be as tall as Samaras but his aerial ability is fantastic! He wins everything in the air! Remember the header he scored against Georgia? Check it out, it was a towering and devastating header.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8sDFeHp8zY

Or how about the header to set up Vryzas against Russia at Euro 2004? He tracked the cross while back peddling, a very diff technique:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8sDFeHp8zY

Here's another against AEK:

http://www.goal4replay.net/GoalWatch.asp?Ln=En&ID=571

And I'm sure the PAO fans will love this one against Olympiakos:

http://www.goal4replay.net/GoalWatch.asp?Ln=En&ID=218

So it doesn't matter if he's small, he wins everything in the air! And with the understanding he'll develop with Salpi as they play together more and more they could be very dangerous! Esp because Salpi has pace and we tend to go direct Papa's flick ons could cause problems. Papa is very effective in the air much more so than Samaras. He's fitter, faster, stronger and works harder. Let's face it, we lack flair and we don't create much going forward so we need to see strikers that work their arses off to feed off scraps! Papa and Salpi both do that, to a lesser extent so does Amanatidis. And that's why I'd pick them over Samaras anyday.

Overall Amanatidis has been better given the time he was given. and he hit the post against Norway even though he had little time to impress, so he contributed more in those few minutes than Samaras did the whole game. As for Papa, he may not be as tall as Samaras but his aerial ability is fantastic! He wins everything in the air! Remember the header he scored against Georgia?

ela ethnikistis, the amanatidis hitting the post was the result of a world class set up from samaras, who outplayed some 3 norwegians to deliver amanatidis a 100% etimo goal, which he managed to miss!

i don t think we disagree as much as though. the only point is your bashing of samaras which i don t share. of course pap has class but he doesnt win much in the air in cl games,etc. at least i dont remember him doing so or even scoring against class opposition.

point is we have a fairly good offensive lineup wih samaras, gekas, pap, salpi, amantidis, lympe and charisteas. its up to otto to find the best combination but salpi and pap TO ME doesnt seem the fix. i mean you see them playing together for pao, and i daresay pap and gekas seemed more lethal. having said that i have no problem with pap or even salpi starting for our ethniki.

Archived