Italy - Turkey

Serbia - Norway

Some of those games are fun to watch

Otherwise I'll watch France - Greece instead :not:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Players called up for the game:

Samaras (Manchester City), Giannakopoulos (Bolton Wanderers), Seitaridis (Atletico Madrid), Basinas (RCD Mallorca), Fyssas (Hearts of Midlothian), Kyrgiakos (Eintracht Frankfurt), Amanatidis (Eintracht Frankfurt), Gekas (VlF Bochum), Karagounis (Benfica Lisbon), Katsouranis (Benfica Lisbon), Anatolakis, Kafes, Nikopolidis (Olympiakos), Goumas, Tziolis, Salpiggidis, Papadopoulos (Panathinaikos), Dellas, Kafes, Lagos, Lyberopoulos (AEK), Chalkias (Aris)

i reckon a 1-1 draw. Im just not too sure if the ethniki will give a toss about this game. The two recent friendlies ive seen weve played appaulingly (i still think they were drunk in ausy) to be honest ill probably watch the cyprus game instead of this 1 and go ridiculously apeshit if they score against germany.

i reckon a 1-1 draw. Im just not too sure if the ethniki will give a toss about this game. The two recent friendlies ive seen weve played appaulingly (i still think they were drunk in ausy) to be honest ill probably watch the cyprus game instead of this 1 and go ridiculously apeshit if they score against germany.

:D

They will, they will!! To come from 2-0 down to win 3-2, have faith!!!

Seriously, I think both Greece and Cyprus are in trouble this week!

Tziolis earns Rehhagel reward

Posted Image

Coach Otto Rehhagel has recalled Panathinaikos FC midfielder Alexandros Tziolis to the Greece squad for the friendly against France at the Stade de France next Wednesday.

Tziolis return

Tziolis won his only cap last January in a friendly against Korea Republic but has not featured since that 1-1 draw. However, the 21-year-old returns to the fold after impressing in Panathinaikos's recent league and UEFA Cup victories against Olympiacos CFP and FK Mladá Boleslav.

Dellas return

Rehhagel also welcomes back AEK Athens FC defender Traianos Dellas, who missed last month's UEFA EURO 2008™ qualifying wins against Norway and Bosnia-Herzegovina through injury. But Angelos Charisteas, Loukas Vintra and Christos Patsatzoglou remain sidelined, while Theodoros Zagorakis brought down the curtain on his international career in Bosnia-Herzegovina.

Greece squad

Goalkeepers: Antonios Nikopolidis (Olympiacos CFP), Konstantinos Chalkias (Aris Thessaloniki FC).

Defenders: Giourkas Seitaridis (Club Atlético de Madrid), Sotirios Kyrgiakos (Eintracht Frankfurt), Panagiotis Fyssas (Heart of Midlothian FC), Georgios Anatolakis (Olympiacos CFP), Traianos Dellas (AEK Athens FC), Ioannis Goumas (Panathinaikos FC).

Midfielders: Stylianos Giannakopoulos (Bolton Wanderers FC), Angelos Basinas (RCD Mallorca), Georgios Karagounis (SL Benfica), Konstantinos Katsouranis (SL Benfica), Panagiotis Lagos (AEK Athens FC), Pantelis Kafes (Olympiacos CFP), Alexandros Tziolis (Panathinaikos FC).

Forwards: Ioannis Amanatidis (Eintracht Frankfurt), Dimitrios Salpingidis (Panathinaikos FC), Nikolaos Liberopoulos (AEK Athens FC), Theofanis Gekas (VfL Bochum 1848), Georgios Samaras (Manchester City FC), Dimitrios Papadopoulos (Panathinaikos FC).

Remember the last time Greece played in France:

http://mentessidis.net/Euro/Euro_viertel.html

If this was a competitive game I think we could give them a headache but its a friendly in which unfit Dellas and Kapsis are bound to feature. So for us it will be a friendly, while for them they want revenge for this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTRFW59lYjM :LOL:

And we saw in their game versus Italy what they are capable of doing to teams at home when they want revenge. I think it will be 3-1 to France if we approach it like a friendly. However if we don't want a repeat of the England game and everyone battles for every ball I wouldn't be surprised if we caused an upset.

France is carrying the play and the goal was what I would call a "pressure goal".

The play was a bit of a fluke as the cross went off a greek player and managed to make it's way all the way to Henri who headed it in. Unlucky for Greece to be sure but when 90 per cent of the play is in the Greek end sooner or later the ball bounces in favour of the attacking team.

That little extra effort has been missing so far for the Greek team and some of the players look a little disinterested. There was an 8 minute span when Greece couldn't put 3 passes together and the ball would just go out of bounds.

France is coming in waves now and Greece doesn't have the speed to cover these guys.

I'm thinking that Greece could use Castillo in a big way based on what I've seen so far.

Archived