Phantis Forums

France - Greece (Friendly)

Ziaka

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So another woeful and innefective performance, as it appears from the less than enthusiastic posts.

I didn't get a chance to watch the match, but at the end of the day what the record books will show is results.

A 1 - 0 away to France is better than our last disgraceful friendly.

But anyway, Otto is a mapa. Anyone still supporting this guy knows nothing about the modern realities of football.

So another woeful and innefective performance, as it appears from the less than enthusiastic posts.

I didn't get a chance to watch the match, but at the end of the day what the record books will show is results.

A 1 - 0 away to France is better than our last disgraceful friendly.

But anyway, Otto is a mapa. Anyone still supporting this guy knows nothing about the modern realities of football.

SIMFONO 1000000%

Guest artemis66

:tdown: 1-0 loss against France IS BAD nor because of the score but the manner. We at least should play!!! Australia, England, France, these are very bad displays for a European Champion. We should play with our heart and fight. National Team plays friendlies like third leagues. The french magazine

L'EQUIPE dispayed a poll asking people what they will remember from this game:

Result: 38% of the people will remember the weakness of the opponent - Greece.

All over Europe we're looked as a weak team who display a very poor football. I would not care if we could win or at least show character in our football. We have good players, now they must play !

Theo

it seems we didnt really care, 1-0 away loss to france is still not a terrible result as it seems the goal was a fluke. im sure well be ready to take turkey come march.

WHAT AN ORGASMIC GOAL FROM OKKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KYPROS 1-1 GERMANIA

Here are the goals:

Okkas' goal and Henry's goal vs Greece:

http://www.goal4replay.net/GoalWatch.asp?ID=640&Ln=En

http://www.goal4replay.net/GoalWatch.asp?Ln=En&ID=639

As for the Greece game and blaming Otto, guys the player have to take some stick too! 90% want Samaras on the team for example when he is a lazy bum with no heart! So when Otto picks him and he doesn't perform (AGAIN!) you can't just blame the manager. Karagounis is another that has to be dropped. If only we had Konstantinou and Okkas is all I can say, but since we don't my starting line-up when everyone is fit would be:

------------------------------------------Nikopolidis-----------------------------------------

Seitaridis-----------------------Kapsis--------------Kyriakos-----------------------Fyssas

Patsa-----------------------Katsouranis--------------Basinas----------------------Stelios

--------------------------------Salpi-------------------Papadopoulos-----------------------

And if Castillo does end playing for us he should take Stelios' place. With Patsa and Seitaridi on the right we are first and foremost solid but have the ability to get forward and with Salpi and Papa up front at least we have the fight to make things happen! Samaras', and Charisteas' domestic and international form has been woeful and they should not play, SIMPLE! Why everyone jumps on the Samaras bandwagon is beyond me. Also Lybe should be used more from off the bench. And that's it, that's the best we have. But at least this way we fight up front. And Papadopoulos has a great ability to win aerial balls, his flicks on to Salpi and Stelio (or even Castillo) could be dangerous. At the moment the balance of the team is all wrong because we have no fight up front. At Euro2004 Haristeas and Vryzas fought for every inch, and now they're replaced by Samaras??? Before him I'd pick Salpi, Papa, Lybe, Amanatidis, and Gekas because the fact is his lazyness and inability to make things happen means he is not effective enough for international football.

ELLHNES PREPEI NA KATALABOUME OTI AUTO TO PODOSFAIRO MPOROUN NA PAI3OUME THN SYGKEKRIMENH PERIODO, AUTO MAS EFTASE EKEI POU MAS EFTASE KAI GIA OSO KAIRO EXOUME TON OTTO, AUTO POU MA8AME KAI POU PAIZOUME AUTO 8A PAIZOUME, OSO AFORA TOULAXISTON THN AMYNA. MA STHN EPI8ESH PREPEI NA BELTIW8OUME.

X8ES EIXAME PROBLHMA STO KENTRO KAI MPROSTA. H OMADA DEN EINAI DHMIOURGIKH. AMYNTIKA STA8HKAME KALA KAI DEN TOUS AFHSAME NA KANOUN POLLES EUKAIRIES, KYRIWS STO DEUTERO HMIXRONO. O ZAGORAKIS LEIPEI POLY AFOU TO KENTRO MAS X8ES EIXE TA XALIA TOU. OI PAIXTES MAS EIXAN FILOTIMO ALLA H OMADA DEN EIXE ISORROPIA. APO TH STIGMH POU O KATSOURANHS EPREPE NA ERXETAI STHN AMYNA KAI TO GYRISAME SE 5-2-3 XASAME TO KENTRO KAI MAZI KAI ME AUTO KAI THN EPI8ESH POU DEN EIXE YPOSTHRI3H KAI EPREPE NA GYRIZEI PISW. AUTO OFEILETAI STHN ELLEIPSH GIOURKA KAI STHN ADYNAMIA TWN FYSSA KAI KAPSI NA ANAKOPSOUN TIS PLAGIOGOPHSEIS TWN GALLWN. DYSTYXWS STA AKRA YPOFEROUME KAI AS EIXAN TO FILOTIMO X8ES OI ELLHNES KAI PIEZAN SE OLO TO GHPEDO STO DEUTERO HMIXRONO KYRIWS.

*O NIKOPOLIDIS EDEI3E KAI PALI THN KLASSH TOU.

*O FUSSAS HTAN SE METRIA EPIPEDA, DEN BOH8AEI EPI8ETIKA KA8OLOU.

*O KAPSIS HTAN SE METRIA EPIPEDA ALLA META APO TOSO KAIRO APOXHS DEN PERIMENAME KAI TIPOTE DIAFORETIKO.

*O KYRIAKOS PROSPA8HSE POLY ALLA EXASE TIS ENAERIES MONOMAXIES STO PRWTO HMIXRONO.

*O DELLAS SE METRIA BRADIA, KAKOS STO PSILO PAIXNIDI.

*KATSOURANHS: BOH8HSE STHN AMYNA ALLA STHN ANAPTY3H KA8OLOU.

* KARAGOUNIS: EKEI POU EPREPE NA BOH8HSEI, DEN BOH8HSE X8ES ALLA AMYNTIKA PIESE POLY.

* STELIOS: O PIO EPITYXHMENOS ELLHNAS EINAI SE F8HNOUSA POREIA, ALLA ELPIZW NA ALLA3OUN TA PRAGMATA GI AUTON.

* MPASINAS: AMYNTIKA PROSPA8HSE, ALLA HTAN POLY ARGOS X8ES KAI STHN ANAPTY3H LIGA PRAGMATA.

*GOUMAS: EUTYXWS EDEI3E OTI EXOUME LYSEIS APO TON PAGO STO KENTRO THS AMYNAS.

*SAMARAS: MPOROUSE KALYTERA X8ES. ISWS X8ES NA HTAN KALYTEROS O SALPIGGIDIS STHN IDIA 8ESH: O SAMARAS EINAI ARGOS KAI DEN MPORESE NA EKMETALLEUTEI TA LA8H THS AMYNAS TWN GALLWN, PISTEUW OTI O SALPI 8A MPOROUSE NA TO KANEI AUTO.

* AMANATIDIS: ANYPARKTOS.

* GEKAS: 8ETIKH H PAROUSIA TOU, FILOTIMO STHN AMYNA.

* LYBEROPOULOS: ANYPARKTOS KAI AUTOS. KAI DEN 3EMARKARIZOTAN KIOLAS.

* TZOLIS: DEN MPOREI NA KRI8EI.

* KAFES: DEN EKANE TIPOTE X8ES.

* OTTO: MPRABO TOU POU ANTEDRASE STHN PIESH TWN GALLWN ALLA DEN 3ERW AN H LYSH HTAN H KALYTERH DYNATH. MPRABO TOU POU EKANE ALLAGES KAI EDWSE EUKAIRIES. EPREPE NA XRHSIMOPOIHSEI OMWS KAI TON SALPI LOGO TAXYTHTAS KAI EKMETALLEUSH TWN KENWN XWRWN.

STA ARNHTIKA OMWS EXOUME TO OTI DEN YPARXOYN DYO PAIXTES STHN IDIA 8ESH, OPWS EPREPE NA EXEI H E8NIKH MAS. DEN YPARXEI ANTIKATASTATHS TOU SEITARIDH (O VYNTRA DEN EINAI STO IDIO EPIPEDO), POIOS EINAI O SWSTOS ANTIKATASTATHS TOU FYSSA? KAI FYSIKA STO KENTRO MAS LEIPEI O PAIXTHS ME THN PASA POU 8A BGALEI MPROSTA THN EPI8ESH, EKTOS KAI AN O OTTO BALEI TON LYMPE STO KENTRO, PISW APO TOUS DYO EPI8ETIKOUS SE SYSTHMA 4-3-1-2. EPIMENW PWS MIA ISORROPHMENH OMADA PREPEI NA EXEI DYO PAIXTES SE KA8E 8ESH KAI ISWS KAI KANA DYO EXTRA PAIXTES POY MPOROUN NA KANOUN KAI KATI TO E3AIRETIKO (SE STYL TSIARTA AS POUME).

PEITE MOU TI NOMIZETAI

GIORGOS

X8ES EIXAME PROBLHMA STO KENTRO KAI MPROSTA. H AUTO OFEILETAI STHN ELLEIPSH GIOURKA KAI STHN ADYNAMIA TWN FYSSA KAI KAPSI NA ANAKOPSOUN TIS PLAGIOGOPHSEIS TWN GALLWN.

Symfono se afto pou grafis.... enas Giourkas h enas Patzatzoglou mas eleipe....

O Zagorakis tou 2004 symfono...alla oxi aftos o Zagorakhs pou vlepame teleftea...

Pio poly mas lipi enas Tsartas kai Nikolaidis ...gia na vlepoume ligo "Podosfairo"

If not Greece played solid... but without brillance...

The players were physically top..and very motivated....therefore they showed something acceptable defensively.... but on the other hand it was a very poor football to watch for our national team in the offensive part....

I watched the game on TF1 (Frenche TV)... and the speakers and co-speakers (Arsene Wenger)...begann to laugh at us..the way we played.

Although we have not great mid-fielder.., we can play better than that... with another coach in my opinion...

@nightsurfer: i agree, its "football" we lack...i saw the game and it felt like 20 hours...

@ethnikistis: i agree to much of the stuff you write but you always blame samaras over extent, who wasnt great yesterday but in all honesty much better than amanatidis, gekas and lympe together yesterday. him being lazy, i dont see it that way, he was all over the pitch yesterday!

if he is as bad why was he the only striker not being subbed?

@nightsurfer: i agree, its "football" we lack...i saw the game and it felt like 20 hours...

@ethnikistis: i agree to much of the stuff you write but you always blame samaras over extent, who wasnt great yesterday but in all honesty much better than amanatidis, gekas and lympe together yesterday. him being lazy, i dont see it that way, he was all over the pitch yesterday!

if he is as bad why was he the only striker not being subbed?

File mou I didnt see the game so I'm not judging Samaras on 1 game, but from what I here we had no fight up front. At least with Salpi and Papa they'll make things happen through sheer determination alone. Man City are in crisis because they can't score, they are just above the relegation zone yet they are undefeated at home this year!!! Why? Because they have no goalscorers. Samaras has 2 in the league this year yet everyone makes out as if he is our best, thats BS.

If someone doesn't have the talent that's fine, I'll never hold that against them, but thats on the condition they fight. Generally Samaras doesn't. As for Lybe, maybe he wasn't great in that game but he is a paihtara, they have the same workrate but imo Samaras isn't as good. Gekas is a fringe player so you can't compare the 2 and Amanatidis is going through a bad run of form domestically and has carried that to int. But in his last games for Greece he's been good with the little time he's had.

I don't know, it's just an opinion, but the point is we're solid at the back, have a good central midfield but we have no wiing play at all. So when we do get the ball forward we need our strikers to fight for everything! When that doesn't happen it kills the balance of the team because the ball goes up and comes straight back down and it's killing our game.

When will Otto treat a Fiendly as a Friendly. Did we need to see Kapsis, is Lagos a Left back???

I do not look at result of a friendly ,should be used as a tuneup if there is a real game approaching, our next game falls in 2007.

I'm sorry but seeing Fyssas and Kapsis there is mad crazy pick a word.

This friendly should have been an audition for some youngsters, we have a problem at creating in the midfield then play some others Tziolis Kafes Lagos Stoltidis and if they play well a good coach uses this as fodder on his Veterans who have been struggling ( Karagounis Stelios).

Playing in France I thought was a nice spot to see Tavlaridis even though he is struggling a bit as of late.

I agree that Samaras dogs it during a match, that is why Otto shouldhave sprinkled some youth on his bench,that way they would have been around the veterans and an atmosphere of hard work. Samaras had a bad game vs the Brits so did everyone else. Otto's solution keep him off the squad ....WRONG you call him but he sits and watchs and earns the spot thus earning respect of his coach and teamates.

Is there no other left back in all of GREECE paidia!!!!

I firmly believe that if you have no spot on your club team how can you start for the national team (Fyssas Stelios Kapsis ) Is there another Euro country who does this??

My endekada

Nikopolidis

Giourkas

Dellas

Kyriakos

Fyssas (only cause we have not tried anyone)

Patsa

Katsouranis (CAPTAIN)

Basinas

Karagounis (if not in form LAGOS)

Samaras

Salpigidis

Archived