Phantis Forums

Spanoulis to Rockets

drakos13

Vassilis Spanoulis moved to the Rockets......dont feel a source is needed cuz its basically everywhere.

awful move for everybody. Im really sad to see him go, he was such a great signing we should have got earlier. Now without Lakovic/Spanoulis the team is in trouble.

PAO need to sign somebody big now...

I think this could be the biggest mistake of Spanoulis' career. He will 99% be overlooked , sit on the bench, be thrown around minor leagues......Hes a great player but hes played his whole life Maroussi and only one year at PAO. PAO with him could gun for titles, Euroleague.....and now the goal is just getting on the bench and putting up with Texan people.

Now hes going to overcome bias and prejudice because of his country and race just to even get an opportunity. And hes already short for his position.

And being separated in the NBA will mean his career with the ethniki will suffer.

I think Spanoulis is a fantastic player capable of playing but hes just not ready yet...Theres more he can do before he will become the next Peja....

Best of Luck, but I dont expect anything to happen. If he is overlooked I hope he comes back to PAO where life is just better......playing in a full OAKA or one of those stupid arenas with passionless consumer-fans, stupid keyboard playing and advertising shoved up your ass everysecond and announement...not to mention playing 3-4 games a week you never get a chance to stop...not to mention euroleague glory....willl the Rockets even compete for final 4 next year? Thats not even Spanoulis' worry...

• 2 weeks later...

i think he will be the first greek player to have a career in the nba, not like the rest of the greek busts in the nba.....i hope he does well n makes a s%$#! load of money.....maybe im being biased cuz he played for pao , but i truly believe he is goin to be a very good player in the nba.......the europeans are slowly but surely making their mark in the nba........good luck!!!!!!!!!

The main reason why Spanoulis went for the NBA glory, is his contract, which guarantees him, at least 10 mins per game!

The fact that PAO had only a 350.000 euro buy out in his contract, definitely did not help.

Kalh tyxh Vassili, have 3 terrific years end then come back to PAO!

PEACE

The main reason why Spanoulis went for the NBA glory, is his contract, which guarantees him, at least 10 mins per game!

well that is a good reason...so he will either make it and do well, or if they decide to cut him hell just come back to PAO hopefully.....

Archived