Phantis Forums

Australia v Italy

GS1905

Which team will advance? Australia or Italy?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will advance? Australia or Italy?

• AUSTRALIA IN 90 MINS
    • ITALY IN 90 MINS
    • AUSTRALIA IN OT/PK
    • ITALY IN OT/PK

Very true.  The Italians spend more time fixing their hair than actually playing the game.

he was joking - very true? man what do you know about italians? thats just a really bad, lame sterotype

seriously they only care about there hair....so i guess Aloisi and Bresciano are spending there warm up time in front of the mirror then...:LOL:

i hope Italy wins but Im having serious doubts... every country i cheer for to win is getting knocked out except for Germany so far...

so go Australia! FORZA JOLLY SWAGMEN! :P

but seriously i have a feeling if they manage to go through here i will say theyre going to the semifinals...and secure their spot as shock team of the tournament.....i think by then theyll get on the same 'high' Greece did where they will take quite a lot to be stopped...only if the defense is much better than vs Croatia of course...

but yes I agree Australia has to survive the first 25 minutes without conceding....once Italy goes long enough frustrated then they will beat themselves...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The media here(italy)say that is a matter of honor to beat Guus.They are afraid of Guus because he was the one that(with Korea in 2002) kikc them out.I hope that Italy doesn t saw her defencive game and will play offencive.Lippi changed his module.They were playing 4-3-1-2 but now they will play 4-4-2,this one is more defencive but they know this kind of game.i hope they ll win 5-0

The media here(italy)say that is a matter of honor to beat Guus.They are afraid of Guus because he was the one that(with Korea in 2002) kikc them out.I hope that Italy doesn t saw her defencive game and will play offencive.Lippi changed his module.They were playing 4-3-1-2 but now they will play 4-4-2,this one is more defencive but they know this kind of game.i hope they ll win 5-0

module=modulo.I dont speak english well and i dont know if this word exists.Anyway the way the players are on the field.To systima.Sorry

Italy has just been down to ten men as Marco Materazzi was expulsed for fouling Bresciano as the last man. It's been an even game so far but I'm shocked to see Gilardino taken off at half-time because he was having his best game for Italy in the World Cup..

###### Bullshit!!!! that penalty was a ###### disgrace!!! he ###### feel over Niel!!!

###### refs!!!

and the arogant italians r happy that they struggled to beat Australia!!! i hope Brazil destroy thoes cocky poofs....

also Australia should have goten a penalty in the 80th minute with a handball in the box!!!

I knew if Australia were to lose it will b something like this; something to screw them!!! in every match they played in the world cup they have had things against them!!!

###### bullshit!! :tdown: :nono: :angry:

well sorry guys but THIS IS WHAT ITALIAN or maybe SHITALIAN FOOTBALL IS ALL ABOUT!!! They were OVERWHELMED from start to finish by the brave Aussies, when it was 11-11, the ball possession perc.s were 43 - 57 to Aussies' favour!!! :o

They played ABSOLUTE NOTHING thruout the game!! I was shocked by Turkish commentator who PRAISED ITALY as saying "a team can only play this intelligently with a man down" or "the referee is spending a big effort for Australia to score :angry: "!!! we saw that Spanish son of a bitch, who was my favourite ref for the final, giving a BULLSHIT PENALTY!!

and what was the joy gestures of GATTUSO THE ULTRABITCH... the ref whistled the end of game and he ran str8 at Bresciano and made some insulting moves in front of him!!!

anyway, congratulations to all AUSSIES who CLEARLY DESERVED TO WIN way ahead of those ITALIAN PRICKHEADS... Bresciano and Cahill was great!!! :nw:

a friend of mine in Australia CRIED AFTER THE GAME ON THE PHONE!!! that's how DIABOLICAL refereeing has been!!! :angry:

where's that brave Ecuadorean referee who RIGHTEOUSLY SENT TOTTI OFF FOR DIVING AGAINST KOREA IN 2002??? :tup: :tup:

###### Bullshit!!!! that penalty was a ###### disgrace!!! he ###### feel over Niel!!!

###### refs!!!

and the arogant italians r happy that they struggled to beat Australia!!! i hope Brazil destroy thoes cocky poofs....

also Australia should have goten a penalty in the 80th minute with a handball in the box!!!

I knew if Australia were to lose it will b something like this; something to screw them!!! in every match they played in the world cup they have had things against them!!!

###### bullshit!! :tdown: :nono: :angry:

what handball man!

the arm was clued to the body and the ref did actually help u! u made a handfull atleast tackles from behind and where rarely punished for them!

plus del piero had a 50-50 penalty claim dismissed just before being subbed(he got tackled from behind in the box)

well sorry guys but THIS IS WHAT ITALIAN or maybe SHITALIAN FOOTBALL IS ALL ABOUT!!! They were OVERWHELMED from start to finish by the brave Aussies, when it was 11-11, the ball possession perc.s were 43 - 57 to Aussies' favour!!! :o

They played ABSOLUTE NOTHING thruout the game!! I was shocked by Turkish commentator who PRAISED ITALY as saying "a team can only play this intelligently with a man down" or "the referee is spending a big effort for Australia to score :angry: "!!! we saw that Spanish son of a bitch, who was my favourite ref for the final, giving a BULLSHIT PENALTY!!

and what was the joy gestures of GATTUSO THE ULTRABITCH... the ref whistled the end of game and he ran str8 at Bresciano and made some insulting moves in front of him!!!

anyway, congratulations to all AUSSIES who CLEARLY DESERVED TO WIN way ahead of those ITALIAN PRICKHEADS... Bresciano and Cahill was great!!! :nw:

a friend of mine in Australia CRIED AFTER THE GAME ON THE PHONE!!! that's how DIABOLICAL refereeing has been!!! :angry:

where's that brave Ecuadorean referee who RIGHTEOUSLY SENT TOTTI OFF FOR DIVING AGAINST KOREA IN 2002??? :tup: :tup:

how many chances did the almighty australians produce!!!!

...where's that brave Ecuadorean referee who RIGHTEOUSLY SENT TOTTI OFF FOR DIVING AGAINST KOREA IN 2002??? :tup: :tup:

Last I heard, he was enjoying the car and other items he mysteriously came to possess after his "exploits" in WC 2002 :P

Congratulations Socceroos!!!! You are the winners for me! In the disgraceful -so far- FIFA 2006 World Cup tournament, you stood up and played clean and wholehearted games. You showed what it means to be physically fit and how lovely this sport can be when one plays it honestly and for the fun of the game.

Congratulations Socceroos!!!! They stole this one from you. Not just the Italians -- the were their usual dishonest slimeballs. The world did. The world that sits by watching the incompetent governing body of FIFA massacre such a wonderful sport as soccer, but refusing to bring technology into the game (instant review of dubious plays).

Congratulations Socceroos!!!! :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:

PS. I opened a new topic to discuss the FIFA massacre

Korea robbed Italy they didnt beat them. Same with Portugal and Spain.

:LOL: In the 1st half Aus didnt have a shot on goal, Italy should have had 3 goals. Italy were completely dominant until the red card and even then they were completely in control! Well done Italy, ciao Aus. :tup:

Congratulations Socceroos!!!! You are the winners for me! In the disgraceful -so far- FIFA 2006 World Cup tournament, you stood up and played clean and wholehearted games. You showed what it means to be physically fit and how lovely this sport can be when one plays it honestly and for the fun of the game.

Congratulations Socceroos!!!! They stole this one from you. Not just the Italians -- the were their usual dishonest slimeballs. The world did. The world that sits by watching the incompetent governing body of FIFA massacre such a wonderful sport as soccer, but refusing to bring technology into the game (instant review of dubious plays).

Congratulations Socceroos!!!! :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:

The Aussies are a disgrace. A dirty side that are conditioned to go in hard and late. Remember the friendly against Holland 4 days before the WC? And that continued here.

Congratulations Socceroos!!!! You are the winners for me!  In the disgraceful -so far- FIFA 2006 World Cup tournament, you stood up and played clean and wholehearted games. You showed what it means to be physically fit and how lovely this sport can be when one plays it honestly and for the fun of the game.

Congratulations Socceroos!!!! They stole this one from you.  Not just the Italians -- the were their usual dishonest slimeballs. The world did. The world that sits by watching the  incompetent governing body of FIFA massacre such a wonderful sport as soccer, but refusing to bring technology into the game (instant review of dubious plays).

Congratulations Socceroos!!!!  :tup:  :tup:  :tup:  :tup:

The Aussies are a disgrace. A dirty side that are conditioned to go in hard and late. Remember the friendly against Holland 4 days before the WC? And that continued here.
We are not a disgrace!

A small country playing all these years in the football wilderness.

Yeah i admit some of our defenders are a little dirty but hey now that we are part of Asia we will grow into a football powerhouse.

As for the game yesterday Australia deserved to lose.

First half they played well against Italy, second half they played crap 10 vs 11 men and they passed the ball around keeping possession and did nothing with it.

I knew that if we didnt score a goal by full time we would lose.

Penalty wasnt a penalty but hey what can u do it was a 50/50 call.

Its Australia's fault they didnt capitalise because if they had scored and Italy got a penalty it would have been 1 - 1 and into ET.

We really missed Emerton and Kewell today but thats how it goes we did excellent from being nobody's to making it to the last 16 in the World Cup.

Watch out world there's a new Football giant in Asia!

Yeah i admit some of our defenders are a little dirty

I wouldn't use that description. Rough and dynamic maybe -- not dirty. The Italians (as always) and the Portoguese (suprisingly) have been dirty -- and the Argentinians will be against Germany (it's nothing new -- it's called ...patterns). The Aussies still have a long way to go to be called "dirty"...

I wouldn't use that description. Rough and dynamic maybe -- not dirty. The Italians (as always) and the Portoguese (suprisingly) have been dirty -- and the Argentinians will be against Germany (it's nothing new -- it's called ...patterns). The Aussies still have a long way to go to be called "dirty"...

Thats true but Moore has a bad rep in the EPL.

1 more time.....

Posted Image

Tackling late, and above the ankle is dirty! Wilkshire, Chipperfield, Moore, and especially Neil. Its in the Aussie tradition, remember Muscat? I'd love to play against these lot! They'd want a war and they'd get one. With the exception of Bresiano and Viduka there is not one player with any real quality in the squad! They attempt to make a team through brute force and physical fitness ala Blackburn Rovers. But when they come across any side that is technically sound and also ready for a battle the Aussies look like a B Ethniki side. Now they are in Asian qualifying they won't make it to the next 3 - 4 world cups.

Tackling late, and above the ankle is dirty! Wilkshire, Chipperfield, Moore, and especially Neil. Its in the Aussie tradition, remember Muscat? I'd love to play against these lot! They'd want a war and they'd get one. With the exception of Bresiano and Viduka there is not one player with any real quality in the squad! They attempt to make a team through brute force and physical fitness ala Blackburn Rovers. But when they come across any side that is technically sound and also ready for a battle the Aussies look like a B Ethniki side. Now they are in Asian qualifying they won't make it to the next 3 - 4 world cups.
re are you telling me Kewell and Aloisi is rubbish?

We wont qualify thru Asia?

We already owned Japan who's going to stop us Lebanon :LOL:

re are you telling me Kewell and Aloisi is rubbish?

We wont qualify thru Asia?

We already owned Japan who's going to stop us Lebanon :LOL:

Aloisi is average and Kewell is rubbish! He wouldnt get in to Oly or PAO.

And Japan had an unusually poor tournament, and it took a freak 4 mins for you to beat them. Japan are hands down a superior side to Australia. As are Korea, and possibly even Iran.

well sorry guys but THIS IS WHAT ITALIAN or maybe SHITALIAN FOOTBALL IS ALL ABOUT!!! They were OVERWHELMED from start to finish by the brave Aussies, when it was 11-11, the ball possession perc.s were 43 - 57 to Aussies' favour!!!  :o

They played ABSOLUTE NOTHING thruout the game!! I was shocked by Turkish commentator who PRAISED ITALY as saying "a team can only play this intelligently with a man down" or "the referee is spending a big effort for Australia to score  :angry: "!!! we saw that Spanish son of a bitch, who was my favourite ref for the final, giving a BULLSHIT PENALTY!!

anyway, congratulations to all AUSSIES who CLEARLY DESERVED TO WIN way ahead of those ITALIAN PRICKHEADS... Bresciano and Cahill was great!!!  :nw:

turk......sorry man......lately you have proved over and over your opinions are fueled by solely your hate of teams like Italy or Switzerland, andlove for Turkistan, Argentina, Ghana etc....nothing else.

Italy being disgraceful vs Ghana :blink:

Italy being crap despite winning there group :blink:

German players dont have tecnique (Schweinsteiger and Frings in particular) :blink:

Portugal played great and Holland were the only dirty side :blink: :blink: :blink:

Mexico being easy for Argentina.....yeah right.

They were OVERWHELMED from start to finish by the brave Aussies, when it was 11-11, the ball possession perc.s were 43 - 57 to Aussies' favour!!!  :o

and now Australia overwhelmed Italy first half......I highly doubt any AUSTRALIAN would even say that...

-They "dominated" the possesion------but they also did not look seriously dangerous all game. Toni, Gilardino, Iaquinta had a bad day for finishing... Italys chances were right in the most danger zones and Schwarzer had to have his top game.

Dont try to deny that those were the best chances of the game and real scoring opportunities. Chipperfield did some great last effort marking on Perrotta and saved them from what was surely a 1-0....

we saw that Spanish son of a bitch, who was my favourite ref for the final, giving a BULLSHIT PENALTY!!

the penalty......not so convincing but its a 50/50 to me...teams would be upset to see it called and upset not to see it called....Turk if that was Australia and the penalty was denied youd still be cursing the referee....

the red card on Materazzi was incorrect....it was an obvious yellow card. Its unheard of for a straight red on an untimed tackle, studs down, from in front of the player get a straight red a yellow 100%....in the case he was the last man yes but he wasnt the last man either there was Zambrotta in front of him and the rest of the Italian back line parralel....why dont you mention that???

AUSSIES who CLEARLY DESERVED TO WIN way ahead of those ITALIAN PRICKHEADS... Bresciano and Cahill was great!!!  :nw:

Yes clearly to you...Italy didnt desrve to win because they couldnt finish some 'must score chances'....Australia didnt because they didnt make any 'must score chances' but Italy was the more dangerous side, played better defense and the goal/ typical Italian tragedy finaly stopped & caught up with them. Thats the game.

also somebody should recognize the italian defense....

it looks the best in the tournament so far...maybe Italy is boring/not attacking but the quality of the defense is world class....undefeated in 23 matches straight only adds to that....Cannavaro was all over the place, Zambrotta/Grosso too were everywhere....Buffon also very calm and was great...

Cahill.....dont know about that he was shut out of the game...Chipperfield of your favourite Swiss FC Basel was great everywhere...same with the last couple games it seems he gets no credit....I gues Chipperfield just isnt a very catchy "star" name...

Hiddink....what goes around comes around....Korea got plenty of disgusting calls last world cup and Hiddink did talk a lot of crap about Italians....so it caught up with him...Guus should have been better today too.....Italy used 3 subs, failry early and left with 10 men and were exausted and frustrated....fresh legs other than Aloisi could have done some real damage...Australia werent getting threatening chances with 10 men and he didnt change till late but only Aloisi...

dont get me wrong I admit Australia was better than i thought going into this tournament- in fact i completly forgot that they had a good performance last confed cup....Aloisi to me seems a much more dangerous player than Viduka...Viduka was no good this World Cup...

They had a good organized midfield but couldnt get anything up front and had a shaky backline today.

I mean XXX18T is right.....they couldnt produce it on the offense and thats danger...

and about being .there in the footballing wilderness and they did give some good show over the last 2 years...im not sure if the team was for the top 8 but there way better than before.....its actually a very similar story to the USA side...both are very isolated countries that have different systems and the sport is not exaclty the #1....USA made there break in 2002 --- Australia in 2006.... Australia in Asia now should be able to qualify...

but i see some problems for Australia......i dont think it will be as easy as expected.....

Australia has to travel around the world to bizarre countries like Tajikistan, Mongolia, etc....with many players based in europe they might not want to do this ridiculous traveling for easy games.....of course Aussie should handle these teams but there are a few who are actually tricky....the Uzbeks were actually robbed of a WC spot!!! and if there in the same group as japan/korea they really cant risk dropping any points because the groups only take the #1 no?

I missed that. But i saw some tension during the game. Gennaro is a very animated player. He is the defensive version of Karagkounis...:nw: he played a very good game today, was huge in assisting the back line...

No doubt they were talking trash----dont forget Marco Bresciano is Italian himself so he can speak to him...not very professional still but we dont know what they were saying to each other...

where's that brave Ecuadorean referee who RIGHTEOUSLY SENT TOTTI OFF FOR DIVING AGAINST KOREA IN 2002???  :tup:  :tup:

wheres that brave referree Byron Moreno----oh sorry you didnt hear Turk.....

(answers.com)

"A year later it was alleged that he may have been involved in a match fixing scandal in a match between Deportivo Liga and Barcelona Guayaquil. He was accused of fabricating penalty decisions in Deportivo's favour, turning a blind eye to their fouls, and signalling six minutes of stoppage time though playing twelve (however this may occur when further extra stoppage time is required during the indicated time) in which Deportivo came from 3-2 behind to win the match 4-3. Moreno was a candidate in October elections for places on the Quito city council at the time (Deportivo Liga are a Quito team).

He has since been expelled by the Equadorian and international football organization from officiating football. "

Ethnikitsi----Aloisi was actually a 'big onoma' for PAO last year when he signed but his medical said he was risky so it was called off....so yes he could have played for PAO...and its a shame he didnt, but i understand not wanting another Anderson...afterall maybe in Spain its not so rough but he could have gotten a trash tackle from Anatolakis on day 1 and that would be it...

Congrats to Australia for there world cup campaign.They played well and hard in every game and they competed against Brazil and Italy and looked really good in those games against classic powers.Good job Aussies.

Archived