Phantis Forums

Australia v Italy

GS1905

Which team will advance? Australia or Italy?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will advance? Australia or Italy?

• AUSTRALIA IN 90 MINS
    • ITALY IN 90 MINS
    • AUSTRALIA IN OT/PK
    • ITALY IN OT/PK

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also hope the Aussies win, but realistically I don't think they stand a chance.

And even if Australia plays better, the Italians will always find a way to sneak out victorious. :whistle:

i have no doubt that Australia will out play the ignorant'/lucky/boring Italians however that doesnt mean that will win because we all know the Italians can sneak in a cheap victory jst like they did in there group stages :rolleyes:

like i said ive already slapped on $125 on the aussies to go through to the qtrs meaning they need to beat the italians :box: :box:

ill get $618 in return :hypocrite:

youre gonna lose your money but i dont know how much OzDolars are worth though.... australias good news is Nesta might be out. but they have no Emerton

as for Italy being ingnorant? :blink:

whats that mean

boring??? emmm hollywood...there a lot more exciting to watch than australia...the aussies have persistence but they do not play great defense or great attack....they were a hair away from going home today....

people rant about Ghana but Italy had there foot up there ass for 90 mins....14 shots on goal and thats boring.....Italy blew so many tet a tet and dokaria and Ghana only had one really threatening chance..

as for luck what luck....Ghana, Czech, were never looking dominant in the game....and they arent lucky to tie USA with a man advantage....

coverde, I really cannot understand your blind love for Italians... They played 2,5 horrible games and a total of 98 minutes in their group with a man advantage...

Australia boring?! :huh: You didn't watch any of their games, did you??

Spain-Italy in the quarters is a big possibility though... Sweet revenge for Spanish there I hope... They sure didn't forget the US'94 quarter final when they outplayed Italy but two Baggios were a step ahead of the rest... and that Tassotti bitch and his elbow... by the look of things so far, Spain will rape past Italy if there's such a pairing... :LOL:

coverde, I really cannot understand your blind love for Italians... They played 2,5 horrible games and a total of 98 minutes in their group with a man advantage...

Australia boring?! :huh: You didn't watch any of their games, did you??

dont worry his jst spitefull and hates anyone that is related to england... i mean he (drakos 13) also said that Australia had no bussiness in the world cup and they would get raped by everyone in there group... his also stated that the socceroo players such as kewel, viduka, emerton, cahill are all over rated (like the Italians arnt :blink: )

im with u Australia out of all the teams in the world cup so far except Argentina have been entertaining/outstanding games e.g

1-0 to japan and australia does a suburb comeback to score 3 un-answerd goals in 10 minutes ;) yeh i agree thats boring :huh:

lost 2-0 to brazil but if lady luck had smiled apon the socceroos they could have atleast taken a draw against them however this is considerd boring coz aus took it to them

2-2 croatia draw..... again lady luck was against them; 2 perfect penaltys werent given and a player who recieved 2 yellow cards stayed on the field for a good 10 minutes... once again came back from behind to snatch the draw yet according to drakos this is boring!!

now lets look at italys suburb performence couldnt beat the Usa with 2 me down and we all know how s%$#! they are!! struggled to score the second goal against C.Republic only managed to do that towards the end with again a man down and also had that great draw with ghana!!

my problem with Italy is that for a team with such talent and such world class caliber players they seem to play defensive football!! if u compare them to the likes of brazil; argentina; spain; england ect they have to b the most boringest team to watch and the biggest let down along with France in this years world cup!! i mean Greece play defensive football because lets face is if we were to play more of an open game we will get raped (Greece 1 vs 2 Russia euro 04) because we havent got the talent for an open game however italy do yet they still play this shitty run down grinding football... i have no respect for them!!

your only bias because for some odd reason u love italy because u live in swiss (italian area...) and u hate Australia (weve disscussed this b4 about u stero typing the aussies)

by the way $1 Australian dollar = 78 Us Cents

my problem with Italy is that for a team with such talent and such world class caliber players they seem to play defensive football!! if u compare them to the likes of brazil; argentina; spain; england ect they have to b the most boringest team to watch and the biggest let down along with France in this years world cup...

someone understanding me... at last... :smartass:

youre gonna lose your money but i dont know how much OzDolars are worth though.... australias good news is Nesta might be out. but they have no Emerton

as for Italy being ingnorant? :blink:

whats that mean

boring??? emmm hollywood...there a lot more exciting to watch than australia...the aussies have persistence but they do not play great defense or great attack....they were a hair away from going home today....

people rant about Ghana but Italy had there foot up there ass for 90 mins....14 shots on goal and thats boring.....Italy blew so many tet a tet and dokaria and Ghana only had one really threatening chance..

as for luck what luck....Ghana, Czech, were never looking dominant in the game....and they arent lucky to tie USA with a man advantage....

Totally agree with this post. Italy 2 - 0, completely in control! Forza Azzurri

They are lucky they are boring they are ignorant and any team that played against in this tournament ends with 10 -9 players. They will pass

I was hoping for Hrvatska because as I remember they never beat them.I like the team but I agree that players of this velinekes they shouldnt play defencive

If they want to win,Inzaghi-earths luckiest player-must play.He is always there(i mean with the goal)

Australia boring?!  :huh: You didn't watch any of their games, did you??

dont worry his jst spitefull and hates anyone that is related to england... i mean he (drakos 13) also said that Australia had no bussiness in the world cup and they would get raped by everyone in there group... his also stated that the socceroo players such as kewel, viduka, emerton, cahill are all over rated (like the Italians arnt :blink: )

im with u Australia out of all the teams in the world cup so far except Argentina have been entertaining/outstanding games e.g

1-0 to japan and australia does a suburb comeback to score 3 un-answerd goals in 10 minutes ;) yeh i agree thats boring :huh:

lost 2-0 to brazil but if lady luck had smiled apon the socceroos they could have atleast taken a draw against them however this is considerd boring coz aus took it to them

2-2 croatia draw..... again lady luck was against them; 2 perfect penaltys werent given and a player who recieved 2 yellow cards stayed on the field for a good 10 minutes... once again came back from behind to snatch the draw yet according to drakos this is boring!!

now lets look at italys suburb performence couldnt beat the Usa with 2 me down and we all know how s%$#! they are!! struggled to score the second goal against C.Republic only managed to do that towards the end with again a man down and also had that great draw with ghana!!

my problem with Italy is that for a team with such talent and such world class caliber players they seem to play defensive football!! if u compare them to the likes of brazil; argentina; spain; england ect they have to b the most boringest team to watch and the biggest let down along with France in this years world cup!! i mean Greece play defensive football because lets face is if we were to play more of an open game we will get raped (Greece 1 vs 2 Russia euro 04) because we havent got the talent for an open game however italy do yet they still play this shitty run down grinding football... i have no respect for them!!

your only bias because for some odd reason u love italy because u live in swiss (italian area...) and u hate Australia (weve disscussed this b4 about u stero typing the aussies)

by the way $1 Australian dollar = 78 Us Cents

its ironic.....both of you speak of me as bias bias bias....

and yourselves????

bias as all hell!!!!

dropi sas kai oi duo :tdown:

Turk hates italian football regardless of anything at all the ghana game was proof.

14 shots ON goal...most of them were great chances too- you should have been critisizing Italy's finishing if anything! that game shoudl have been 4-0! like i said how many tet a te and dokaria do you want before you accept it!?

defensive, offensive, neutral denying that they play well is just ridiculous. after all they DID win there group...

Australia entertaining??

im saying entertaining in the brazil- argentina sense

not as in seeing an underdog or hardworking team give it there all to progress like Greece did because that is also entertaining...same thing as Japan yeah coming back and croatia is entertaining...refs were awful aus should have had a penalty but the first one was a gift (from croatian idiot defender) and kewell was offside on the goal so Hrvatska didnt exactly have luck either...s%$#! refereing for both.

but Brazil- you guys had a few chances but there was no doubt Brazil was going to take that game...you call that lady luck but when USA gets unlucky and robbed vs ghana you say they exact opposite......and you where calling ME a hyppocrite :tdown:

turk: i like italy because i like the italian country, people and league. outside of greece- italia numero uno! food, girls, sports, lifestyle these people know how to live and they are a great people it would be nice for the cup to go to them.

Italian football has always been defensive football and catanaccio. whatever they do it wil never appease you. This team is way more attack oriented that in the past. This is not the crap italy from 2004 euro and olympics.

I know what excatly style you hate. I play againt it in my own league too! I sometimes see idiot serie A teams resort to this when i watch. the sit back and kick ball. I hate it because it DOESNT WORK in the big level, and that stupid style saw Italy eliminated in 2002, 2004. Finally it seems they are dropping it, but since you hate them so much you wont admit it. There has been talk about a new italy and when i saw them come out against ghana it was true...they were moving the ball faster than every other team, finding space, and putting shots on goal and chances. to me thats very entertaining.

everybody makes it seem as is if its so easy which is great...people who play the sport should understand....critisizing them for tieing the USA.....have you ever played in a game like that? with tons of cards, heavy tackles, all this plus the added pressure of it being WC??? some games you just cant score....truth is NO games in the WC are easy or can be written off. Especially vs smaller countries where theres no expectations and they give everything they have...

people critisize them for not beating the USA with an advantage (it was one man advantage italy got redcarded first) and it was 10 on 9....the game was full of rough tackles dirty play frustration and a lot of blood and sweat...USA held on and played there hearts out..even with 9 men were trying to send men forward and catch italy unsucessfuly- they had to have IV's injected after the game!! they sweated out everything they had!!! To me thats intensity. USA is a very athletic and spirited team despite playing poorly they put a great effort and Italy could have kept the 1-0 if it werent for Grosso's disaster anyways... you cant underestimate that physical effort in this game can make things very difficult...afterall how did we win the euro? and what about when Brazil sneaked by USA 1-0 in 94??? Most of theose USA players were playing in American COLLEGIATE leagues...

but go ahead hate Italy guys. :tdown: .. they play solid defense and score goals that was the point of the game unless im mistaken. And you critisize them for what? making chances and playing strong defense? They deserved to win the group, even with the media giving them s%$#! about the Serie A scandal and investigations. They went and played there game and won and thats about it. there was no controversy, no disputes.

Australia will give it there all im sure and a good match but if they arent very sharp on defense like vs Croatia they will lose the game hands down.

Italy creating chances..? What did they create against Czechs, excuse me?? It was all Cezchs until Materazzi corner goal (typical Italian/European style of goal, whilst one team creates chances the other LAZILY scores from a set-piece) and Czechs a man down for the entire second half, Italy did nothing to attack them... I'm sure Italy WOULD NEVER EVER score the second goal if :tup: Inzaghi :tup: wasn't brought on!!!

face it man! Italy ---along with France--- is the most disappointing "favourite-team" of the tournament!!! :whistle:

disapointing????

they played 3 games had 7 points, allowed 1 goal (which they scored)

i mean if you expected them to breeze into the final with ease- yeah than it would be disapointing because they should have hit 4 vs Ghana and put away America. but i dont think anyteam will go easy in the final.

they won there group- there was no other team that looked like ever beating them.

Ghana had no chance, USA put in a lot of effort and got some luck, Czech just werent good enough and thats how the game goes...

i didnt get to see most of the Czech game cuz of the USA game but Italy did take it easy after the first goal...and they still pulled out more shots-they were sitting on top of the group and the Czechs were on the verge of death- what else would you expect - for italy to throw players forward, tire themselves out and give space to rosicky and nedved so they risk what they had? this is football after all!!!

I HOPE THE AUSSIES GIVE THOSE OVERRATED PRIMADONAS A GOOD SPANKING!SO FAR THEY HAVE SHOWN ABSOLUTELY NOTHING UNLIKE THE AUSSIES WHO HAVE FOUGHT TOOTH AND NAIL TO REACH THIS POINT.

MY MONEY AND MY WISHES ARE FOR THE BOYS DOWN-UNDER.

AUSSIES-MAKARONADES 2-1

i guess there is only italy lovers and italy haters here....

i still dont understand the overrated bit.....i mean to be honest i really doubt most people here had even heard of Grosso, Barrone, Zaccardo, Perrotta, De Rossi, Amelia, Barzagli, Oddo, Toni, before recently with the tournament....... they are good players and get nowhere near the hype compared to a lot of other players in this tournament who are really not any better.....

the only exceptions of Del Piero and Gilardino who get a lot of hype...but Gila did score 20 goals for Milan this year to his defense... Totti too everybody loves but hes very on/off IMO....

australia will have to put on a good show if theyre gonna win this...we saw Mexico give the Argentina everybody was raving about a good run for their money...

as for Marco Bresciano- hes a great player....i dont understand why he doesnt start...its bizarre ... also i think Aloisi over Viduka...

and i didnt realize Lazaridis is just a bench player...:tdown:

I HOPE THE AUSSIES GIVE THOSE OVERRATED PRIMADONAS A GOOD SPANKING!SO FAR THEY HAVE SHOWN ABSOLUTELY NOTHING UNLIKE THE AUSSIES WHO HAVE FOUGHT TOOTH AND NAIL TO REACH THIS POINT.

MY MONEY AND MY WISHES ARE FOR THE BOYS DOWN-UNDER.

AUSSIES-MAKARONADES 2-1

well said :box: :box: :box:

I would like to see Australia go to the next round since they have shown great form and spirit so far in the tournament but Italy has the experience and the quality to win this one so i have to vote for them.

as far as lazaridis, he defiantely has seen his better days. some 8-9 years ago, an up and coming speedy wide player.

this year with birmingham, lazaridis was quite awful.

if i remember correctly, i think lazaridis was on the same derby county side in the premiership with vasili borboki (ex aek). darby county with 2 greeks as their wide players.

Yeah Laza has had a bad year as he has been plagued with injuries.

Laza has always been a starter for Australia unfortunately when the injuries set in his gone down hill.

Hopefully Guus gives him a run cos he always rises to the occasion. He played last against Greece and created some awesome chances with his killer crosses unfortunately no one was in the box.

At 33 I think this will be his last year playing for Australia his done well with 60 caps.....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Drako I agree with you in regards to Aloisi / Bresciano but thats the beauty of Guus. he doesnt play all his cards until the 65th Minute. He likes to bring out the impact subs such as Cahill, Kewell, Bresciano, and Aloisi to change the game.

Even most of the Ital - Australi are cheering for Australia as they even recognise that Italy only care about looking good on TV in their D&G and the $$$.

Forza Australia!!!

as far as lazaridis, he defiantely has seen his better days. some 8-9 years ago, an up and coming speedy wide player.

this year with birmingham, lazaridis was quite awful.

if i remember correctly, i think lazaridis was on the same derby county side in the premiership with vasili borboki (ex aek). darby county with 2 greeks as their wide players.

Yeah Laza has had a bad year as he has been plagued with injuries.

Laza has always been a starter for Australia unfortunately when the injuries set in his gone down hill.

Hopefully Guus gives him a run cos he always rises to the occasion. He played last against Greece and created some awesome chances with his killer crosses unfortunately no one was in the box.

At 33 I think this will be his last year playing for Australia his done well with 60 caps.....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Drako I agree with you in regards to Aloisi / Bresciano but thats the beauty of Guus. he doesnt play all his cards until the 65th Minute. He likes to bring out the impact subs such as Cahill, Kewell, Bresciano, and Aloisi to change the game.

Even most of the Ital - Australi are cheering for Australia as they even recognise that Italy only care about looking good on TV in their D&G and the $$$.

Forza Australia!!!

Very true. The Italians spend more time fixing their hair than actually playing the game. I hope Australia wins 1-0 in the '92. Ena kai na kaei.

If Australia doesn't concede a goal within the first 25 minutes they stand a good chance of winning.

Archived