Phantis Forums

Group F - Who will go thru?

Irlandos

Which 2 sides will go thru from Group F?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which 2 sides will go thru from Group F?

• Australia and Brazil
    • Australia and Croatia
    • Australia and Japan
    • Brazil and Croatia
    • Brazil and Japan
    • Croatia and Japan

brazil is out!

they should have 3-1 atleast today and this performance i simply can not see brazil as any kind of favourite!

if they advance they will meet much better teams like italy and the czech!

and with this sort of performance they are done !

i agree with you one the most part that if they play like this again they are going out early but they also have many great players and they can play on a higher level.lets see if they will actually do that.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyway, I still dont understand how a Greek can pledge allegiance and/or support any other nation, esp a hostile nation like Aus!

Hostile nation :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Funniest post I have read - Australia a hostile nation????

Im not sure u know but Greek migration to Australia dates back to 1827 but the vast majority of Greeks arrived between 1945 and 1982.

The Greeks are the third-largest, non-English-speaking population after the Italians and the Vietnamese, and 47 per cent of Greek-Australians live in Melbourne.

Melbourne is said to have the third largest Greek-speaking population in the world after Athens and Thessaloniki, Melbourne’s Greek sister city.

Now why would my parents come to a hostile nation like Australia? Why would 2 million Greeks decide to come to Australia?

Re u sound like a horiati when u talk like that just cos u live in the UK with those sad and ugly Englezi doesnt mean Australia is the same!

Australia is the lucky country home to Greeks, Italians, and to who ever else wants a chance to raise a family and live their dreams.

If your such an Ethnicistis why arent you in Greece now? Why arnt you studying in Greece? Why are u in the UK?

Im not saying Greece is bad or a bad country i love the place but when someone says to me "How can u support Australia?" How cant I? What has Australia done bad for me? I have a education, a top job, the best wife, a nice car, and a nice house.

Australia made the World Cup Greece didnt why shouldnt i support Australia, just like Greece they are the battlers in the WC

Brazil win 2 - 0 not a bad effort by the Aussies.

Croatia have to beat Australia 4 - 0 to progress.

Still very tight.....

no 3-0 is enough but then again we are speaking about a team who plays good but cannot score even on penalties

Brazil was bitterly disappointing. They were solid against Croatia but against the Socceroos, they were on the backfoot... I only wish to hope that they are "hiding" themselves for the latter rounds... :(

Parreira is a true idiot... Still starting with Ronaldo when Robinho truly brought the game to fire after coming on...

... and Dida is a very poor goalkeeper... After solid guys like Taffarel :nw: :nw: :nw: and Marcos, this guy reminds me of their eratic gk from 82' Waldir Peres :tdown: ...

I thought Brazil were "OK" to beat such a surprisingly strong Australia.

However, they need to improve a lot if they are going to make this Number 6.

@The Turk,

Taffarel was one of a kind. :tup:

The rest of Brazil's keepers (Jilmar, Felix, Leao, you-name-it) were about as good as Dida is today.

Australia as a team out played Barzil in this game espically in the second half; the only difference in the two team was the individual briliants of the brazilian players which shows how strong they really are...

If Australia could only finish of half there chances then it could well have been a draw but the quality of the players arnt as good as a brazilian, Argentianian, German type players...

Anyways im happy with there performence so far and this is no suprise to me or any of the Greek-Australian's in these forums because we know how good Australia is; its jst that world (alot of people in these forums) tends to stero type us as a s%$#! footballing nation with no respect what so ever...

anyways with Australia's performence so far they SHOULD be able to advance through this group stage over crappy Croatia...

:tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:

Thumbs up for the Soccerroos! Gutsy performance, workhorse of a team -- just lacked the final touch. But, I loved this team...

As for Brazil... they know how to, they know when to... and they conserve energy. If they get a little better (as the Brazilian team claims they do -- get better with every game) watch out!...

Australia as a team out played Barzil in this game espically in the second half; the only difference in the two team was the individual briliants of the brazilian players which shows how strong they really are...

If Australia could only finish of half there chances then it could well have been a draw but the quality of the players arnt as good as a brazilian, Argentianian, German type players...

Anyways im happy with there performence so far and this is no suprise to me or any of the Greek-Australian's in these forums because we know how good Australia is; its jst that world (alot of people in these forums) tends to stero type us as a s%$#! footballing nation with no respect what so ever...

anyways with Australia's performence so far they SHOULD be able to advance through this group stage over crappy Croatia...

i think Aussie didnt play better but Brazil deserved the win....Australia couldnt get any really dangerous chacnes inside the area...except for that one Kewell (i think) missed the open goal.... as for critisizing Dida you guys are insane...hes been great and was great in that game! yeah there was that one spill that was unpredictable to any keeper....the player was right there as he was pulling the ball to his chest theres not much you can do... when i saw it i didnt think goalkeeper error at all...after all he had a magnificent save on breciano's bicycle....

sorry to see you guys not get a better result, and the croatia game should be interesting.....i think australia looks better but imo Croatia played better against Brazil and it would have been a more convincing tie if they had pulled it off than australias performance...... but brazli late second half started to play there game and open up and attack... you could tell they were not happy with another 1-0 win....

Ronaldo may had the assist but he was awful the rest of the game....he was so damn slow, couldnt shoot....its really a shame hes only playing because of his name......and there are still loser has been players out there calling him the best in the world....he hasnt been that for quite a while now....robinho came on and was so much better...adriano also played a great game...

croatia-australia will be a great game...i kinda hope for croatia though because i think the australians need to stop being bitter about players going to their ethnic roots to play....but australia will have earned it if they make it.

however in the playoffs it seems they will face likely Italy...not good for kangaroos if ghana or czech makes it i think they could go quarterfinals!

btw: Sterjovski :tdown:

Marco Bresciano :tup: - i think hes the best player on that team no doubt....

@The Turk,

Taffarel was one of a kind. :tup:

The rest of Brazil's keepers (Jilmar, Felix, Leao, you-name-it) were about as good as Dida is today.

Tafo was superb!!! Proud that he's worn a CimBom jersey :nw: ...

Dida truly reminded me of Waldir Peres... At least Emerson Leao, Carlos or Felix had a good posture... He came out on several occasions and mistimed and misheld several of those crosses... Brazil should have an Abbondancieri or at least a 50 % Taffarel to make it super six!!!

ok man taffarel was not that good!

he was never considered the best even though he played until 37(or more)

in 1990 world cup in the last 16 brazil played argentina and lost 1-0 by a magical pass by maradona to caniggia who scored but it was argentina only good goal chance in that match with goigoichea making atleast 10-15 world class saves and argentina went on to the final but where outplayed in everygame both by yugoslavia and italy but he kept his level(something taffarel never did) and nearly took bremes penalty kick in the final(he saved 3 pen v yugo and 3 v italy or something like that)

when taffarel was at his best both peruzzi-palgiuca-schmeichel- paraguays goalkeepper-kahn and so on where atleast 1 or 2 classes above.

simply cant remember that goalkeepper from paraguay he also scored plenty of goals on freekicks :(

i am simply getting too old

ok man taffarel was not that good!

he was never considered the best even though he played until 37(or more)

in 1990 world cup in the last 16 brazil played argentina and lost 1-0 by a magical pass by maradona to caniggia who scored but it was argentina only good goal chance in that match with goigoichea making atleast 10-15 world class saves and argentina went on to the final but where outplayed in everygame both by yugoslavia and italy but he kept his level(something taffarel never did) and nearly took bremes penalty kick in the final(he saved 3 pen v yugo and 3 v italy or something like that)

when taffarel was at his best both peruzzi-palgiuca-schmeichel- paraguays goalkeepper-kahn and so on where atleast 1 or 2 classes above.

simply cant remember that goalkeepper from paraguay he also scored plenty of goals on freekicks :(

i am simply getting too old

man, Taffarel was "that good" actually... as the biggest club he played in is Galatasaray, he is usually underrated... his only fault in the game was that he was not quite good in the crosses department... but every keeper has its bad moments... remember Kahn from longshots or Barthez from 1-1s... ;)

and that Paraguayan keeper is Chilavert who was simply the best goalkeeper of 1990s, home and dry!!! :tup:

and I don't remember the name of Goicoechea after 1990... he had just one good tournament that's all!!! :rolleyes:

We are drifting from the subject...

Taffarel may not have been the world's top keeper but he certainly was the best I've ever seen come out of Brazil.

Btw, I would not consider any S. American keeper to be world class. If you asked me to name the best ever, I would probably say Wladislaw Mazurkiewicz. Does anyone here remember him???

You f*cking beauty!!!

No team has got a greater heart than the Aussies, no one!!!

Absolutely laughtered by that wanker Graham Poll who should be sent home immediately.

Didnt't give 2 clear penalties to Aus and didnt send off Simounic after giving him 2 yellow cards. Sent him off with the 3rd!!!

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, OY,OY,OY!!!

Posted Image

another awfully officiated game. the refereeing in this tournament is a complete joke. as a tournament overall i wouldnt rate it higher than the A ethniki in terms of refereeing. awful calls every match around the pitch.

australia had heart, good for them- australia was the 2nd best in the group, if croatia won it wouldnt have been justified for them to go through as a 'better team' .

but croatia was awful. Prso, Klasnic are just pathetic. Kranjcar seems overrated. The goal was a bizarre error and a freekick...

Australia should have had a 2nd penalty, but also the 2nd goal Kewell was offside. The player (aloisi?) nicked it with his head and kewell was already offside....rules say that shouldnt count.... but 3 yellows to Simunic (great way to celebrate playing against your 2nd country btw :LOL: ) and a clear foul outside the box was given to australia instead of croatia in the dying minutes that could have been big....not that im complaining that they didnt win but the refereeing has to be better than this and needs to stop being an issue...

congrats australia on there historic acheivment... theyll give a good fight vs Italy but it will need to be a miracle performance to go through

Archived